Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Who has introduced the Rolling Stones live? (I know that's Bill Graham on STILL LIFE)
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 2, 2011 03:57

Didnt Chip Monck do the intros in 72?

Re: Who has introduced the Rolling Stones live? (I know that's Bill Graham on STILL LIFE)
Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: August 2, 2011 04:23

Vin Scelsa,a DJ,from WNEW FM 102.7 introduced the stones June 14th, 1978 at the Capital Theater in Passaic, New Jersey

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: August 2, 2011 04:32

Edith Grove
Mike Douglas (via schillid)

Oh my

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 2, 2011 08:49

riverrat
Edith Grove
Mike Douglas (via schillid)

Oh my

I'm sure all the 16-year-old girls watching at home were lusting after...Mike Douglas and his pals.

I do wonder the minimum exposure to an act it takes before girls like those called up by Mike Douglas start to act dizzy. Listening to a Stones/Bieber album for a month and then seeing them twice on TV is enough to make some girls crazy??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-02 09:01 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 2, 2011 09:48

Barry 'Eve of Destruction' McQuire introduced the Stones on the Hullabaloo television show for broadcast November 15, 1965. They performed 'She Said Yeah' and 'Get Off of My Cloud'. As mentioned in another thread, the color performance is gone forever, with only a grainy black and white kinescope remaining.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: August 2, 2011 09:56

Who was the guys on ya ya's? that must be the most well known introduction ever

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 2, 2011 10:22

pgarof
Who was the guys on ya ya's? that must be the most well known introduction ever

Sleepy City
Sam Cutler (Hyde Park, GYYYO)

eye rolling smiley

Date: August 2, 2011 11:06

Jan & Dean:

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: August 2, 2011 14:44

In the UK 60s package tours they had Johnny Ball, father of Zoe who is the wife of Fat Boy Slim.

For UK readers: the compere on Buddy Hollys only UK tour was Des O'Connor.

Posted by: GimmieChris ()
Date: August 2, 2011 21:03

Didn't Jesse Ventura announce them before? I know he used to be a body guard for them and other bands.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: August 2, 2011 21:21

Chip Monck was absolutely the BEST! Simple, direct, stating..."Ladies and Gentlemen" dramatic pause, "The Rolling Stones" without his voice rising in volume or pitch.

Brilliant, and he was just the lighting director, originally anyway.

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: August 2, 2011 21:25

Sleepy City
Sam Cutler (Hyde Park, GYYYO), Long John Baldrey (GLIYWI).

So it was Sam Cutler who coined the Stones as "the Greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world?"

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 2, 2011 22:27

.....the Stones could use another introduction like this one just to get them being buddies again....

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 2, 2011 23:21

Whoopi Goldberg Miami 94 video.
Also Long John Baldry on the early BBC broadcast which included Route 66, You Better Move On, Mona, Cops and Robbers.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: August 2, 2011 23:29

....and John Lennon in Rock'roll Circus....??

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: August 3, 2011 01:36

jp.M

Now that was a good one smoking smiley

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: August 3, 2011 04:15

rocker1
buffalo7478
The best is Mick introducing the band in Detroit in 1978:

'And now from England, the Rolling @#$%& Stones!'

Most fitting intro ever.

That was Mick? I always thought it was somebody else.

Following up on my own followup...

Surely this wasn't really Mick introducing themselves in Detroit '78. It doesn't even sound like him, to my ears...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 3, 2011 06:53

Introduced heaps of folks to the Stones....started way-way back in the c..c..cassette days........that'd count wouldn't it????....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 3, 2011 11:53

I never thought that was Jagger in '78.
John Belushi does the intro for the New Barbarians at the Oshawa show.

Date: August 3, 2011 13:01

stevecardi
jp.M

Now that was a good one smoking smiley

Yes, though I doubt if he introduced them at the actual taping.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 3, 2011 14:31

rocker1
rocker1
buffalo7478
The best is Mick introducing the band in Detroit in 1978:

'And now from England, the Rolling @#$%& Stones!'

Most fitting intro ever.

That was Mick? I always thought it was somebody else.

Following up on my own followup...

Surely this wasn't really Mick introducing themselves in Detroit '78. It doesn't even sound like him, to my ears...

Jagger introduced the Stones on all known shows of the '78 tour.

mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-03 15:04 by Mathijs.

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: August 3, 2011 14:51

It's kinda pathetic how Brian horns in between Mick and Mike Douglas. I've seen this in the NME awards performance too - Brian desperate to not be left out of the limelight.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 3, 2011 15:26

Palace Revolution 2000
I never thought that was Jagger in '78.
John Belushi does the intro for the New Barbarians at the Oshawa show.

Didnt he just introduce the New Barbarians set? (I think he called them 'The New Vegetarians or somethin' ) Didnt he do it along with someone from the CNIB?

Date: August 3, 2011 17:54

From4tilLate
It's kinda pathetic how Brian horns in between Mick and Mike Douglas. I've seen this in the NME awards performance too - Brian desperate to not be left out of the limelight.

These days it would be Keith making sure that Mick doesn't get all the limelight.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 3, 2011 18:56

Rockman
Introduced heaps of folks to the Stones....started way-way back in the c..c..cassette days........that'd count wouldn't it????....
It always counts to introduce people to the Stones Rocky. Hell I still introduce myself to them every once in a while.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: August 3, 2011 20:19

Billy Conolly Scottish Comedian > Edinburgh Playhouse 1982

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 3, 2011 20:26

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-05 21:35 by schillid.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: August 3, 2011 20:39

It was Jagger doing the announcing at Ft Worth 78

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 3, 2011 21:11

From4tilLate

And yet, for all the snide things we've all said about Brian over the years, his snotty attitude is such a part of the whole Stones mystique. Look how he won't even deign to shake Mike Douglas' hand. Brian is like a revolutionary. Unfortunately once the revolution is won, they get rid of the revolutionaries. Is there a part of him that repels us as he weakens over the years? If Brian had remained as defiant until July 3rd, 1969, would we celebrate him more? Keith Moon remained 'Moonie' until the bitter end, falling apart but seeming not to give a shit. Moon's talent disintegrated in front of our eyes as he became pudgy and increasingly out of it. We think of him as a shooting star, an incendiary talent. We don't think of Brian that way because he seemed to puss out. The surly, decadent Brian of the Between the Buttons photos soon became the overwhelmed and defeated Brian of the Through The Past Darkly cover.

And don't those 'guests' on the Mike Douglas show make your skin crawl with their condescension?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 3, 2011 21:37

Jimmy Savile...

...and this is BBC DJ Brian Matthew introducing "those charming deviationists - the Rolling Stones!"

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home