Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Have te Stones ever played a 3 hours gig?
Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: July 30, 2011 22:58

Stones show is spectacle, not ''They shoot horses don't they?''

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 30, 2011 23:03

OhNoNotMeAgain
Bon Jovi played Vienna's Ernst Happel Stadion a week ago, and broke the local concert length record previously held by Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band (at the same venue, two years ago) by 8 minutes. Bruce had played for 172 minutes, while Bon Jovi's show clocked in at exactly 3 hours.

3 hours of shit. Housewife Rock.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: July 30, 2011 23:24

stevecardi
Excuse my ignorance as I know nothing about the Shadows, but did they cover the Stones song, "Blue Turns To Grey"? That's always been on my list of lost Stones-gems (as is most of the December's Children album)

They had the UK hit with the song, though Cliff claims he didn't know it was a Jagger-Richards composition when he cut it. I've always thought it has the edge over the RS version(s).

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 31, 2011 00:06

TooTough
Who wants 3 hour shows?
I donĀ“t.

I do.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 31, 2011 00:31

Regarding Bruce Springsteen's famous 4 hour shows, Mick said (paraphrase from memory), "I saw one of Bruce's 4 hour shows, but I saw 2 hours one night, left, and then and came back the next night for its last 2 hours. I couldn't sit through 4 hours straight."

Date: July 31, 2011 00:44

Title5Take1
Regarding Bruce Springsteen's famous 4 hour shows, Mick said (paraphrase from memory), "I saw one of Bruce's 4 hour shows, but I saw 2 hours one night, left, and then and came back the next night for its last 2 hours. I couldn't sit through 4 hours straight."

I couldn't sit through 4 minutes of Bruce Springsteen...

But I agree with Mick. 2 hours is enough for me no matter who's performing.

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: July 31, 2011 03:27

Sleepy City
stevecardi
Excuse my ignorance as I know nothing about the Shadows, but did they cover the Stones song, "Blue Turns To Grey"? That's always been on my list of lost Stones-gems (as is most of the December's Children album)

They had the UK hit with the song, though Cliff claims he didn't know it was a Jagger-Richards composition when he cut it. I've always thought it has the edge over the RS version(s).

Not bad. Not bad at all. Definitely edgier than the Stones. Great reworking of the song.
Stones version is still my favorite though: a man trying convince himself he's better off without the woman who betrayed him--right before that sadness turns to anger. We've all been there. Always hoped the Stones would resurrect this song live (along with "She Said Yeah" and "I'm Moving On." December's Children is by far my favorite Jones-era album.)
FYI: Maybe it's because of 25x5, but I can't hear this song without thinking about Brian's death and the anger/grief it must have caused the band.

Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: July 31, 2011 04:13

depends on the act and what they are about.

i saw ween last summer, they played a little over 3 hours and it hardly felt like it. we all wanted more.

i saw pearl jam a few years back and they played for almost 3 and a half hours. the crowd would have taken more if they had been willing.

i saw stompin tom connors a few weeks back and an hour and a half was perfect for what he brings to the table.

if it was the stones in a small club, 3 hours would be great, stones in a stadium... two hours is probably good.

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: July 31, 2011 05:59

Sleepy City
Title5Take1

I couldn't sit through 4 minutes of Bruce Springsteen...

But I agree with Mick. 2 hours is enough for me no matter who's performing.

LOL! 2 hr. Stones show? If you're lucky!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 31, 2011 06:41

I love going to Rolling Stones concerts.....

Had I not made the decision to go to as many Stones as possible (a decision I made many many many years ago)... today I would be furious for "fking it up"... like so many other things... but as it is... I got it while the geting was good... and today... I am quite delighted...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 31, 2011 07:09

LA Forum '75 was about 3 hours...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 31, 2011 17:09

No it wasn't....they were around 145-155 minutes.

Date: July 31, 2011 17:13

Gazza
No it wasn't....they were around 145-155 minutes.

You're right. I originally had this on a 3-hour VHS tape which featured a circa 15 minute item tagged onto the end of it.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1193
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home