Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick Jagger: Closet Conservative With an Affinity for Soft-Boiled Eggs
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 27, 2011 23:55

By Jake Weinraub at TheWrap

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:31am EDT

Mick Jagger, say it ain't so.

“BackStage Pass VIP, ” a new Jagger biography being shopped around for a publisher exposes the Rolling Stones lead singer as a closet conservative who brought his parents flowers during dinner visits and begged his ex-wife, Bianca, to wear a bra under her see-through shirt during a surprise visit from his mother.

“Bianca refused, stormed out and Jagger was left to nervously fix a tray of tea and spread a bunch of pastries on doily to cater to his mum," writes Debra Sharon Davis. "It is the absolute opposite of everything the public thought they knew about Jagger.”

Davis, who traveled with the Rolling Stones to Europe in the 1980s, interviewed a cast of characters from fans to social experts to Jagger’s bandmates.

Her manuscript includes many never-before-heard stories of icons from John Lennon to Janis Joplin.

The book also exposes Jagger’s conservative subtleties, such as his affinity for eggs served soft boiled in a Wedgewood cup, “which Bianca always seemed to overcook” -- and his obsession with profits.“

Jagger was like the young private equity moguls of this era, the money guys,” said Davis, in a press release. “He supervised the Rolling Stones organization – the toughest CEO, except he trusted no one and was not a delegator. He questioned every purchase. He even concerned himself with the price of pencil sharpeners in the Stones’ office. Whatever the price, he thought it was too high. He was obsessed with profits.”

And profits he made. The group garnered nearly $600 million in touring and record sales alone.

Davis, currently in the market for publishers, revisited the project at the encouragement of publishing veteran and literary agent Robert G. Diforio, after shelfing it at the completion of her 1980s interviews.

A possible 2012 release would also mark the Stones’ 50th anniversary.

[www.reuters.com]

Re: Mick Jagger: Closet Conservative With an Affinity for Soft-Boiled Eggs
Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: July 28, 2011 00:14

Worrying about what one's Mother thinks of your future wife, eating eggs, and wanting to make money. Damn Nazi bastard.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 28, 2011 00:20

Mick Jagger overly interested in making lots of money?

Who'd have guessed that, eh?

Damn. What a bombshell.

They'll be telling us next that he likes mixing with aristocracy and has designs on a knighthood.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 28, 2011 00:39

Edith Grove

Mick Jagger, say it ain't so.

“BackStage Pass VIP, ” a new Jagger biography being shopped around for a publisher exposes the Rolling Stones lead singer as a closet conservative who brought his parents flowers during dinner visits and begged his ex-wife, Bianca, to wear a bra under her see-through shirt during a surprise visit from his mother.

“Bianca refused, stormed out and Jagger was left to nervously fix a tray of tea and spread a bunch of pastries on doily to cater to his mum," writes Debra Sharon Davis. "It is the absolute opposite of everything the public thought they knew about Jagger.”

Davis, who traveled with the Rolling Stones to Europe in the 1980s, interviewed a cast of characters from fans to social experts to Jagger’s bandmates.

Her manuscript includes many never-before-heard stories of icons from John Lennon to Janis Joplin.

The book also exposes Jagger’s conservative subtleties, such as his affinity for eggs served soft boiled in a Wedgewood cup, “which Bianca always seemed to overcook” -- and his obsession with profits.“

Jagger was like the young private equity moguls of this era, the money guys,” said Davis, in a press release. “He supervised the Rolling Stones organization – the toughest CEO, except he trusted no one and was not a delegator. He questioned every purchase. He even concerned himself with the price of pencil sharpeners in the Stones’ office. Whatever the price, he thought it was too high. He was obsessed with profits.”

And profits he made. The group garnered nearly $600 million in touring and record sales alone.

Davis, currently in the market for publishers, revisited the project at the encouragement of publishing veteran and literary agent Robert G. Diforio, after shelfing it at the completion of her 1980s interviews.

A possible 2012 release would also mark the Stones’ 50th anniversary.

[www.reuters.com]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bianca refused, stormed out and Jagger was left to nervously fix a tray of tea and spread a bunch of pastries on doily to cater to his mum," writes Debra Sharon Davis. "It is the absolute opposite of everything the public thought they knew about Jagger.” <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

jeez, is this woman serious....everything I've seen, heard, understood, enjoyed is undermined by the fact Mick Jagger loved and respected his mother ?....this woman must think she is an alchemist extraordinaire to think she can make something out of that nothing..............eye rolling smiley...and she reckons Mick's desperate for cash, at least he offered something real for his - like the music - ...dirty dog

It's no news either that Mick is a dab-hand on the money side of things,,,and why shouldn't he be...they've (Keith in particular) already said about half of what they made has been stolen by the "shadies" in the business...so someone needed to be.......someone was always going to make a packet out of a band as popular as the Stones, that being the case why shouldn't it be them..........

Having said that..the prices on the last two tours.............pheeeeeeeeeew!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-28 14:18 by EddieByword.

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: July 28, 2011 00:40

its Sir Mick actually, and if you dont like it, sir knows what to do...
take him for his music....or dont bother.
end of...

d

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 28, 2011 00:45

I wonder what proudmary has to say about all this smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 28, 2011 01:40

Not so closeted, really. I read a quote of him praising Margaret Thatcher for turning England's economy around. He also said he asked black guys at a studio who they were voting for the next day; MICK: "And they all said, Reagan. Anyone making money is voting for Reagan." And he didn't seem outraged.

Someone involved with his sets for some solo shows said, "Mick told the creative team to spend whatever they wanted on the sets and don't listen to the accountants. Then he told the accountants to make sure the creative team didn't spend too much money. But the result was really great sets."

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 28, 2011 01:42

No surprises there really. He's the reason the Stones made the money that they did. Soft bolied eggs.....wow, another thing we have in common! LOL!

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 28, 2011 04:58

Gazza
Mick Jagger overly interested in making lots of money?

Who'd have guessed that, eh?

Damn. What a bombshell.

They'll be telling us next that he likes mixing with aristocracy and has designs on a knighthood.

No shit...lol.
This text reads like one of those Scaduto-type jobs of the 70s, an endless stream of breathless anecdotes preceded by the phrase, "one close friend remembers..'

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 28, 2011 07:30

Jagger, the original tax exile, would seem to be a rather transparent conservative. "Salt of the Earth" was totally hypocritical. When it comes to money, Jagger has minimal sense of social responsibility beyond loyalty to his own bank balance. As much as anyone, he's the poster boy for rock star greed and sense of entitlement.

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: July 28, 2011 08:45

ab
Jagger, the original tax exile, would seem to be a rather transparent conservative. "Salt of the Earth" was totally hypocritical. When it comes to money, Jagger has minimal sense of social responsibility beyond loyalty to his own bank balance. As much as anyone, he's the poster boy for rock star greed and sense of entitlement.

To be honest that's what I admire about him.

Posted by: matsumoto33 ()
Date: July 28, 2011 11:17

Title5Take1

Someone involved with his sets for some solo shows said, "Mick told the creative team to spend whatever they wanted on the sets and don't listen to the accountants. Then he told the accountants to make sure the creative team didn't spend too much money. But the result was really great sets."

If he's still having really great sets at his age, good luck to him....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: July 28, 2011 11:52

Target is moving, right? Jagger is this, Jagger is that blah, blah, blah.
"Who could hang a name on him?" Well, keep on trying and you could make some buck out of it.You'll never make a saint (or whatever) out of him.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: July 28, 2011 20:28

Edith Grove
and his obsession with profits.“

he trusted no one and was not a delegator. He questioned every purchase. He even concerned himself with the price of pencil sharpeners in the Stones’ office. Whatever the price, he thought it was too high. He was obsessed with profits.”

A

That sounds a lot like someone I used to work for.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 28, 2011 21:40

ab

Salt of the Earth, a great song that is just that....a great song. Mick Jagger is not writing gospel and preaching. Given their history of fame, being ripped off, tax problems, and yes a well earned lifestyle resulting from people who love these songs. Now for preaching,and greed, Bono is the guy. Mick is cool.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 28, 2011 22:02

ab
The Stones in this case ( Jagger and the stones) give and gave away, lots of money...charity...third world countries.
they do it secretly...wich i think is ...the way to go...i like it like that period.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: July 28, 2011 22:17

There is nothing 'conservative' in telling your wife to put on a bra before her first meeting your mother. It's not 'progressive' to wear no bra meeting your mother-in-law for the first time, it is just silly.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 28, 2011 22:34

doubledoor
Worrying about what one's Mother thinks of your future wife, eating eggs, and wanting to make money. Damn Nazi bastard.
lol. funny. the spin they put on things is really funny .
Mick is Not conservative in the political meaing of the word by a long shot

He just respected his mother. Don't we all. jeez.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-28 22:35 by tumbled.

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: July 28, 2011 23:53

I DEMAND THAT THIS THREAD BE CLOSED. THIS IS POLITICAL, NAH NAH NAH.

I ALWAYS KNEW JAGGER WAS A REPUBLICAN! LOVE IT!

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: July 28, 2011 23:55

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-28 23:56 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 29, 2011 00:03

mitchflorida

Mitchflorida speechless ??? LOL

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: July 29, 2011 00:07

mitchflorida

Well, he's not that, but William Rees-Moog did call him "straight John Stewart Mill," but that was 40-some years ago. Did it ever occur to anybody here that one starts a business (whether it's Jagger or the corner deli) to make money? I guess some want Jagger to live in a garret like some underfed painter.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 29, 2011 01:11

If he is a closet conservative he's even smarter than I thought!!!

Date: July 29, 2011 01:25

mitchflorida

Jagger's an American? Who'd have guessed. Only Mitch, it seems.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 29, 2011 01:25

I'm glad that Rooster mentioned the fact that Mick donates a TON of money to an assortment of causes and charities, including his old school, Dartford Academy. I'm not sure he can be considered a conservative, he DID write " Sweet Neocon"...sounds pretty liberal to me...didn't he want to perform that song In Washington, D.C when Bush was prez?

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: July 29, 2011 01:28

Edith Grove

[www.reuters.com]

Since when did enjoying soft boiled eggs make one a conservative? That's hilarious!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 29, 2011 01:30

mickschix
I'm glad that Rooster mentioned the fact that Mick donates a TON of money to an assortment of causes and charities, including his old school, Dartford Academy. I'm not sure he can be considered a conservative, he DID write " Sweet Neocon"...sounds pretty liberal to me...didn't he want to perform that song In Washington, D.C when Bush was prez?

He did ? What happened to stop that ?

Date: July 29, 2011 01:34

EddieByword
mickschix

Nothing. He didnt want to perform it anywhere.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 29, 2011 02:03

Gazza
EddieByword
mickschix

Nothing. He didnt want to perform it anywhere.
Neither did anyone else.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: July 29, 2011 02:06

Tough crowd in tonight!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home