Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1981 Neighbours Live Mick Yelling At Ronnie?
Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: July 26, 2011 18:28

Just read on some site dealing with set lists that mentioned Mick yelling at Ronnie during Neighbours. Is that the bit in the movie where Mick keeps pointing to his watch or was there something that happened during a show?

Re: 1981 Neighbours Live Mick Yelling At Ronnie?
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 26, 2011 18:37

It was a clip that was cut in during Neighbours. Ronnie is getting his hair fixed and make up put on when Mick passes by and points to his watch making Ronnie aware that he should hurry up, it is soon time to go on stage.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: July 26, 2011 18:48

That's the only thing I could figure. Would you call that 'yelling at'? Here's what it said - and maybe one can understand why it might be something other than what's in the movie based on this:

The band from 1981 made it a priority to put on a great show. Ron Wood was apparently cited on this tour for what might be deemed a lack of professionalism. In the "Neighbors" video, you can see him actually getting yelled at by Mick.

[www.frayed.org] from the 1981 page

When I first read that I laughed out loud. Mick yelled at Ronnie in the '"Neighbors video"'? The whole song is yelling about neighbours! And in the "video" Mick is yelling out the window. Hence the confusion I guess.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 26, 2011 18:58

Well he yells at him a little bit but you can't hear the sound of it in the clip. They destroyed the song though with those clips.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 26, 2011 19:03

DragonSky
When I first read that I laughed out loud. Mick yelled at Ronnie in the '"Neighbors video"'? The whole song is yelling about neighbours! And in the "video" Mick is yelling out the window. Hence the confusion I guess.
LOL...good point

RONNIE!!!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 26, 2011 19:23

Mick was hardly yelling from the looks of it...merely reminding Ronnie of the time. And it also looked like Mick was playing it up for the camera..making grand gestures with pointing to his watch.

Posted by: bustabutton ()
Date: July 26, 2011 22:02

I think there's a misunderstanding. Some of you are referring to the Neighbors video when the scene in question actually takes place during the song "Neighbors" on Hal Ashby's "Let's spend the night together" movie.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 26, 2011 22:06

When Ronnie turns away from Mick (nearly colliding into the camera with his beak), and swigs a beer I do believe Mick is actually raising his voice a bit higher to be heard by him.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 26, 2011 22:40

love ronnies attitude towards mick in that clip, like yeah right mick whatever lol

Date: July 27, 2011 00:43

RONNIE!!!!!! ITS TIME!!!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 27, 2011 01:52

this is no word of a lie, for breakfast I watched the LSTNT film today on my VHS for the first time in like 7 years and thought about that clip as well! How odd that you would post this today!

SPOOKY!eye popping smiley

Date: July 27, 2011 01:56

Max, is that great fun to watch.. or what?

I love that Stones of that time. I think LSTNT is my favorite era (looks, sounds, band, interactions, lack of big production)Stones... of course some complain about dubbing/mixing ect ect and other things... but I just watch it... I think it is a blast... I have it saved on my DVR in High Def (saved from Palladia channel) ..... it is on my to do list to look for this scene.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-27 01:58 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: hotspot3000 ()
Date: July 27, 2011 03:03

I think The Stones were regularly late starting at those gigs and most gigs that came before 81'. Ronnie probably got to bed 2 hours before show time anyway if at all. "Welcome to the breakfast show"!
Ronnie's a loveable @#$%& up!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: July 27, 2011 03:13

Yeah Max I agree totally! I love the 77-83 period a lot, loads of good ol' f)%&ups and excitement.

By the way, have you checked out this months Uncut magazine???? Tonite I saw some GREAT pics of Keith and Ronnie with the New Barbarians!

NEVER seen them before!!!!

I'll buy it tomorrow, best Rock Mag anyway.

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: July 27, 2011 05:36

Stoneage
Well he yells at him a little bit but you can't hear the sound of it in the clip. They destroyed the song though with those clips.

thumbs up and it's a great live version of the song too--probably my favorite one of all (same goes with Beast of Burden from this show: The whole band--Ernie Watts included--just perform inhuman magic on those two numbers).

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: July 27, 2011 21:44

hotspot3000
I think The Stones were regularly late starting at those gigs and most gigs that came before 81'. Ronnie probably got to bed 2 hours before show time anyway if at all. "Welcome to the breakfast show"!

HAHAHA

West Palm Beach and LA 1969: what amazes me is not that they kept the crowd waiting 4 hours, it's that the crowd STAYED until the band came on lol.

God how times have changed; my generation (Gen Y) wouldn't even have rioted--they would have just demanded their money back while making a big name-calling stink about it on Twitter and Facebook. Damn, I was born in the wrong decade sad smiley

Posted by: brianwalker ()
Date: July 27, 2011 22:42

Stoneage

they destroyed the song by playing it way to fast, and with the thin sound. like everything else on the tour.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 27, 2011 23:26

stevecardi
hotspot3000

HAHAHA

West Palm Beach and LA 1969: what amazes me is not that they kept the crowd waiting 4 hours, it's that the crowd STAYED until the band came on lol.

God how times have changed; my generation (Gen Y) wouldn't even have rioted--they would have just demanded their money back while making a big name-calling stink about it on Twitter and Facebook. Damn, I was born in the wrong decade sad smiley

Austin 2006.
Maybe it was the film crew, maybe it was the Stones arrival.
They made us wait around an hour 20 before they came on.
That sucked...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1051
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home