Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mystery tracks - "Scarlet", "High or Low" and others - news?
Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: January 4, 2016 20:31

Five years ago Scarlet was claimed a potential hit-single, but hasn't been published on the deluxes till now or heard of since. Are there any new info about Scarlet?

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-04 22:47 by GetYerAngie.

Re: Scarlet - any news?
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: January 4, 2016 22:21

...and what about the mistery of ''High or Low'?!

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: nankerzrk ()
Date: January 4, 2016 22:25

We're sure it hasn't been published under a different title?

I mean - are all the published tracks accounted for wherever we saw "Scarlet" first?

Date: January 4, 2016 22:27

Maybe they'll pass all these songs off as new on the 2016 album we're all so eagerly looking forward to?

Date: January 4, 2016 22:49

nankerzrk
Maybe they'll pass all these songs off as new on the 2016 album we're all so eagerly looking forward to?

I don't think so. Imo 'High or Low', 'Smooth 180', 'Young Love', 'Don't Apologize' are forgotten songs just like many good outtakes (Not the way to go, Misty Roads, Fiji Jim, Chainsaw Rocker...). What a shame eye rolling smiley

Re: Mystery tracks - "Scarlet", "High or Low" and others - news?
Date: January 4, 2016 22:54

Mystery album!

May 21 1999: New Stones CD Memory Hotel out May 31st
The new Stones CD titled "Memory Hotel" will be out by Monday May 31st, to back up the European Tour. No news about the tracks on the CD, but it might be outtakes from the previous two albums, that are supposed to be finished for production by now"

[www.iorr.org]

Date: January 4, 2016 22:59

KRiffhard
Mystery album!

The new Stones CD titled "Memory Hotel" will be out by Monday May 31st, to back up the European Tour. No news about the tracks on the CD, but it might be outtakes from the previous two albums, that are supposed to be finished for production by now"

[www.iorr.org]

Interesting, didn't know that. Long before I discovered iorr!

Date: January 4, 2016 23:05

GetYerAngie
KRiffhard
Mystery album!

[www.iorr.org]

Interesting, didn't know that. Long before I discovered iorr!

Maybe some BTB and VL outtakes should have been published on that album.

Date: January 5, 2016 12:02

Lots of these songs I have the impression have also gone around with different titles, though... I might be wrong (which means I need to get back into hunting bootlegs)

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 5, 2016 12:11

...And what about the Licks sessions of May/June 2002 with about 25 songs almost finished?!?

Date: January 5, 2016 12:49

mailexile67
...And what about the Licks sessions of May/June 2002 with about 25 songs almost finished?!?

One of them (Just Because) later became Trouble, apparently..

Date: January 5, 2016 13:03

Is it possible a lot of these things were just pumped out by the rumour mill to give the impression that there was more happening than there actually was?

That being said, both MJ and KR have talked about having a lot of songs ready to go, and the Licks sessions were largely each of them bringing independent songs to the table, right? So maybe we're going to get a selection of these in 2016?

Date: January 5, 2016 13:19

nankerzrk
Is it possible a lot of these things were just pumped out by the rumour mill to give the impression that there was more happening than there actually was?

That being said, both MJ and KR have talked about having a lot of songs ready to go, and the Licks sessions were largely each of them bringing independent songs to the table, right? So maybe we're going to get a selection of these in 2016?

Teddy here on IORR has heard several of those tracks, if not all.

Date: January 5, 2016 13:36

mailexile67

One of that song ('Just because') has become 'Trouble'!

Date: January 5, 2016 14:59

DandelionPowderman
nankerzrk

Teddy is a lucky, lucky man. I need to start digging around again, clearly, have dropped the ball.

Date: January 7, 2016 21:48

DandelionPowderman
nankerzrk

Did he hear Scarlet too?

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: January 7, 2016 23:29

GetYerAngie
DandelionPowderman
nankerzrk

Did he hear Scarlet too?

No. Don Was, who is not who played me the Licks outtakes, told me about Scarlet as part of the then coming Exile release, which he thought it was going to be a part of. He said it was a hit.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: January 7, 2016 23:40

TeddyB1018
GetYerAngie
DandelionPowderman
nankerzrk

Did he hear Scarlet too?

No. Don Was, who is not who played me the Licks outtakes, told me about Scarlet as part of the then coming Exile release, which he thought it was going to be a part of. He said it was a hit.

Can we conclude: PLUNDERED MY SOUL was Scarlet (workingtitle) and they put Mick Taylor on it instead of Jimmy Page. It was a number 3 hit in The Netherlands in 2010 or 2011...
Workingtitle of FOLLOWING THE RIVER was Wally's Whisteling Saw as we all know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-07 23:45 by RipThisBone.

Date: January 7, 2016 23:43

RipThisBone
TeddyB1018
GetYerAngie
DandelionPowderman
nankerzrk

Did he hear Scarlet too?

Plundered My Soul was Scarlet as a workingtitle then and they put Mick Taylor on it instead of Jimmy Page.

And the reggae-licks Keith added (according to Jimmy Page)?

Doesn't sound like the same tune..

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: January 7, 2016 23:46

Quoting DPman: "And the reggae-licks Keith added (according to Jimmy Page)?

Doesn't sound like the same tune"..

Tumbling Dice chords reggae wise.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-07 23:47 by RipThisBone.

Date: January 7, 2016 23:48

What do you mean?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 8, 2016 11:03

RipThisBone

Can we conclude: PLUNDERED MY SOUL was Scarlet (workingtitle) and they put Mick Taylor on it instead of Jimmy Page. It was a number 3 hit in The Netherlands in 2010 or 2011...

Could be since :
- the lyrics were likely brand new
- no info had ever circulated about a track called PMS
- they weren't going to release a song called "Scarlet" about Jimmy Page's daughter in 2010.

Maybe TeddyB remembers whether Don Was also mentioned PMS or other songs when he said that Scarlet was a "hit" ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: January 8, 2016 11:11

There is no room for reggae licks in PMS unless they re-recorded and re-arranged it, which they obviously didn't.

Date: January 8, 2016 11:41

gotdablouse
RipThisBone

Could be since :
- they weren't going to release a song called "Scarlet" about Jimmy Page's daughter in 2010.

Maybe TeddyB remembers whether Don Was also mentioned PMS or other songs when he said that Scarlet was a "hit" ?

Think I had some bootlegs titled "Plundered my Soul" with early lyrics of the song that was ultimately re-released; Lyrics were definitely not brand new on PMS.

Date: January 8, 2016 11:47

nankerzrk
gotdablouse
RipThisBone

Could be since :

Think I had some bootlegs titled "Plundered my Soul" with early lyrics of the song that was ultimately re-released; Lyrics were definitely not brand new on PMS.

According to Don Was and Mick they had no lyrics for Plundered My Soul or Following The River before the sessions.

Date: January 8, 2016 12:00

DandelionPowderman
nankerzrk
gotdablouse
RipThisBone

Could be since :

According to Don Was and Mick they had no lyrics for Plundered My Soul or Following The River before the sessions.

I might be misremembering; will check when I get home. The lyrics definitely sound like today-Mick, not Exile-Mick, but when I heard the song, I remember feeling like it wasn't completely new. Again, might be misremembering.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home