Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Visiting London and Dublin in June
Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: January 4, 2016 17:47

We're staying in the Bloomsbury section of London, and pretty much the center of Dublin.

Any restaurant suggestions, favorite pub, or maybe place to hear music?

Cheers,

Mongoose

Re: OT: Visiting London and Dublin in June
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 4, 2016 18:58

Bloomsbury is very central and within walking distance of loads of places to eat drink and listen to music,depends what you like so much choice.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: January 5, 2016 01:45

Thanks, Nate!!

Really looking forward to our first trip to the UK.

I guess, like most tourists, I'm looking for a good pub with some Shepherd's Pie (with a crust on top that Keith can break if he stops on by!), fish 'n chips, etc.,and a few strong bitters to chase 'em down!

From many friends who have been there, I hear the Indian Restaurants are pretty good as well.

Thanks again....

Cheers

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 5, 2016 02:40

A favourite place to visit in London - Royal Mile Whiskies at 3 Bloomsbury St... Hours of fun fondling the single malts!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 5, 2016 09:42

Mongoose

From many friends who have been there, I hear the Indian Restaurants are pretty good as well.

Thanks again....

Cheers

That's very true. Indian cuisine is practically a national dish. You won't find many nations outside of Indian region that'll cook you a better curry. The choice of restaurants is endless almost. The most popular area for a curry is Brick Lane. Naturally, it can get very busy at the weekend, but I am sure it is quiter on a weekday. Do a Google search and see what comes up.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: January 5, 2016 11:46

Mongoose
We're staying in the Bloomsbury section of London, and pretty much the center of Dublin.

Any restaurant suggestions, favorite pub, or maybe place to hear music?

Cheers,

Mongoose

Hello Mongoose,
I live quite nearby, and there are tons and tons of pubs. Including the Bricklayer Arms in Soho, where the Rolling Stones first got together.
There are also lots of music venues nearby as well.
This site is pretty good for seeing who is coming to town ... [www.songkick.com]
Chris

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: January 5, 2016 19:52

O'Donaghues pub in Dublin is good for traditional Irish music. Typically its session music & it starts very late but you never know how many or playing or who. The Guinness is also good. Slainte

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home