Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What if the 'Vegas Stones' actually landed a regular Vegas gig...would you go?
Posted by: R ()
Date: July 22, 2011 16:38

treaclefingers
Purely hypothetical of course, I don't think Mick could be cajoled into it.

But lots of examples of very big artists in the past that have had extended Vegas stays.

The Stones have travelled the world many times over to deliver their music to you.

Would you now, go to them?!

I'd be there in a heartbeat. Vegas is one of the cheapest flights you can get in the US.

Re: What if the 'Vegas Stones' actually landed a regular Vegas gig...would you go?
Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 22, 2011 22:36

buffalo7478
For me, Vegas is about everything 'cheap', phony and trashy in America. I wouldn't go.

I recently saw McCartney at the MGM Grand. Previous show I saw at the same venue was the Stones, right after Jagger's Dad died.

But anyway, living 40 minutes by plane from the place, nothing about Vegas is cheap, trust me.

Posted by: donteverstop ()
Date: July 22, 2011 23:05

It wouldn't suit them at all.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 23, 2011 01:56

donteverstop
It wouldn't suit them at all.

I understand what you mean, but I think the actual tragedy here, is that it would suit them quite well. I mean, it's not as if they'd have to 'dream up' some kind of 'vegas-type-show'...they've been doing that since 1989 and are actually exceptionally good at it!

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: July 23, 2011 05:40

I would. And I so wish they would. But it seems unlikely...

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: July 23, 2011 05:43

colonial
I would love to go to a Stones Vegas gig..it would be interesting to see what would be on the T-shirt
In light of recent events, I think their next tongue design, wherever they play, should be a closed-mouth tongue like this one:

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: July 23, 2011 08:16

For the love of God, don't even joke about something like that eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-23 08:17 by stevecardi.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 23, 2011 12:32

What if? You expect me to get enthusiastic about the Stones doing 45minute greatest hits cabarets? Or what?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 23, 2011 13:55

Vegas gig...would you go?

....eeeerrrr have ta get some new socks and tuck me shirt in but Heck YEAH take a look at 'em anywhere why not .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: keefyboy ()
Date: July 23, 2011 14:24

buffalo7478
For me, Vegas is about everything 'cheap', phony and trashy in America. I wouldn't go.

Phony and trashy yes but cheap, no way is vegas cheap.

I would go to see them I don't think they would play with a trashy set tho' I'm sure it would be very cool.

Date: July 23, 2011 21:05

Having seen every show at the MGM Grand and the first Hard Rock show, Vegas is one of the best places in the states to see our boys. I believe it's the smallest 'barn' they play in the US. I've met the most people from all over the world at Stones shows there. With the plethora of taxi's and the monorail you can drink and not have worry about driving. Cheap? Well, it can be as cheap or expensive as you make it. I've become very good at squeezing 5-6 free beers with one twenty dollar bill at a sports bar video poker machine. If I have a choice of going to LA ( a 35 mile, 1-2 hr or more drive depending on traffic) or LV (3 1/2 hrs) to see a concert, it's LV. I make it a mini vacation. Plus tickets are usually cheaper, except the Stones, in Vegas.

Scotty,
Irvine, CA

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home