Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Superheavy/Miracle Worker - will Keith slag?
Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: July 20, 2011 10:28

I've purchased both versions and really enjoy the track even though I'm not usually a huge Reggae fan. Given the oft displayed animosity KR exhibits towards MJ, and his love for Reggae, I wonder what he thinks of it, and I further wonder what his response might be if asked in public what he thinks of it. I suppose he can't be too disparaging can he given the others involved?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-20 10:30 by Paulhanrahan.

Re: Superheavy/Miracle Worker - will Keith slag?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 20, 2011 11:34

I think Keith will not put gasoline into the fire -
or a tour/album or whatever is even more unlikely
as it is now.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: July 20, 2011 12:58

Keith is probably not the target audience of SuperHeavy anyway since it's download only so far.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 20, 2011 14:05

Nyabinghi v Dancehall .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 20, 2011 15:46

TooTough
I think Keith will not put gasoline into the fire -
or a tour/album or whatever is even more unlikely
as it is now.

Words of wisdom.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: July 20, 2011 15:50

how are we supposed to know what keith is thinking?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 20, 2011 15:55

ineedadrink
how are we supposed to know what keith is thinking?

There are some people on this board who really know what Mick and Keith think smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: July 20, 2011 16:00

What Keith thinks is probably not on the mind of Mick Jagger - and why should it be? Mick is doing what he's doing and obviously enjoying it. No Stones plans anywhere - he's focused on SuperHeavy. And he's not bad mouthing anyone unlike someone we know.

Certainly Keith will pipe up at some point and put this song down as being improper reggae or whatever. As Keith has so wonderfully displayed with the Stones he is not exactly able to play reggae, as Cherry Oh Baby woefully displayed.

Words Of Wonder, however, is something else.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: July 20, 2011 19:06

Keith said something like "Haven't heard anything, I just wish him good luck". Maybe Keith has changed!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 20, 2011 20:29

stones78
Maybe Keith has changed!

Or maybe he realized he went too far with his book and he new tries to stitch things up with Mick?

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 20, 2011 21:27

Bill German has always maintained that Jagger is the true difficult member of the Rolling Stones. To the outsider (me) it would appear that Keith goes out of his way to jab at Jagger.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 21, 2011 05:28

Shawn20
Bill German has always maintained that Jagger is the true difficult member of the Rolling Stones. To the outsider (me) it would appear that Keith goes out of his way to jab at Jagger.
I lke German and was a devoted reader of BB.....
But remember: German was also a fan who started a fan mag...Jagger is notoriously weary and suspiscious of people who want to hang with the Stones, so I don't doubt Jagger was "difficult" from the point of view of some kid who worshiped them and wanted to, lets be honest, profit in some way by his association with them.
Im sure German loved Keith because Keith doesn't give a shit....but Jagger is too guarded to just let anybody around him and trust them. I don't think that makes him so much "difficult" as guarded and determined to maintain some privacy in his life. That's to be respected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-21 05:29 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: July 21, 2011 06:46

If he doesn't, I will. It sounds like UB40! What is Mick Jagger thinking?!!!

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 21, 2011 10:13

stupidguy2
Shawn20
But remember: German was also a fan who started a fan mag...Jagger is notoriously weary and suspiscious of people who want to hang with the Stones, so I don't doubt Jagger was "difficult" from the point of view of some kid who worshiped them and wanted to, lets be honest, profit in some way by his association with them.
Im sure German loved Keith because Keith doesn't give a shit....but Jagger is too guarded to just let anybody around him and trust them. I don't think that makes him so much "difficult" as guarded and determined to maintain some privacy in his life. That's to be respected.

My thoughts exactly. Didn't Bill fall into the drug vortex as well...if so, that would definitely have made Keith and him closer, and probably would have further alienated him from Mick.

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: July 21, 2011 10:16

nonfilter

[www.non-filters.com]

I haven't heard anything yet but the fact that anybody can suggest it sounds like UB40 is enough to put me off.

But then I am a Keith man thru and thru.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 21, 2011 12:48

treaclefingers
stupidguy2
Shawn20

My thoughts exactly. Didn't Bill fall into the drug vortex as well...if so, that would definitely have made Keith and him closer, and probably would have further alienated him from Mick.

Besides he happen to "hang" with them probably during the worst time in their history. Jagger was seemingly fed up with the Stones and Keith at the time, and like all the old 60's super stars, they - especially Mick whose eyes and nose are always open and no desire for 'nostalgy' - going a sort of middle life crisis at the time and were confused of their role and how to cope with the times. A worshipping fan boy probably couldn't see or reflect that at the time, especially being so much awe of Keith. I wouldn't make too many inclusions from those days about their nature or difficultness over-all. I mean, if German would have been there back in the swingin' London days he might think other way, etc.

- Doxa

Date: July 21, 2011 12:51

stupidguy2
Shawn20

Excellent observation and analysis.

Date: July 21, 2011 12:55

nonfilter

[www.non-filters.com]

UB40? Nonsense. You'd better ask what he was thinking when he did Streets Of Love.

Posted by: zeus ()
Date: July 21, 2011 14:29

Hmmm, Keith wants to tour, Keith is the heart, Keith is the sentimental guy, Keith is pure, hopefully this is just another phase of Mick being capricious and spoiled besides wanting to venture out and try new things. We can only hope folks.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 21, 2011 14:33

"I'm sure German loved Keith because Keith doesn't give a shit..."

In fact he does love to have an entourage of fans/arse-lickers. It's his gang. Remember Keith has the psychological maturity of a 12 y.o. boy.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: July 21, 2011 14:55

I cant even describe what it sounds like,, its not rock, its not reggae, its not pop...

you cant dance to it, you cant sing to it, you cant rock to it,,

its like a mix of this that and the other thing

i find it rubbish,

and hopefully thats what Keith is thinking,,

I say hell to mick,, get the winos back into action Keith, alot of the world needs some real rock again

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 21, 2011 21:58

northernale1
I cant even describe what it sounds like,, its not rock, its not reggae, its not pop...

i find it rubbish,

I say hell to mick,, get the winos back into action Keith, alot of the world needs some real rock again

I think Keith will keep his trap shut because he's realizing his snarkiness in his "Life" came off, to many, as petty.
Maybe Keith actually feels bad about the "Todger" thing....
maybe.

As for what I've heard of the SuperHeavy, I actually like the snippets of the one with Stone singing, can't think of the name.

But too much of it, so far, sounds like a self-indulgent mess from some self-indulgent world travelers (Mick and Dave).
I really want to like it, but its just seems like Stewart thought it would be revolutionary to have 10 different genres of music in one song.
And hasn't somebody done that before? Im really asking because its not that original a thought.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 21, 2011 22:01

stones78
Keith said something like "Haven't heard anything, I just wish him good luck". Maybe Keith has changed!

This just means : " I don't care".

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 22, 2011 01:01

northernale1

i find it rubbish,

hmmm...I played it on the computer and after one listen my wife was singing the chorus, and my kids were dancing.

It is actually quite danceable, unless your danceability yardstick is music from Ga-Ga, in which case, it probably pales in comparison.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1089
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home