Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Will Stones Just Fade Away Or Will They Return For One Final Victory Lap in 2012?
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: July 19, 2011 21:33

I say they return in 2012, however, it won't be for a final victory lap, that comes later, in 2015 on the 50th anniversary of Satisfaction.

It's true, the sun is slowly setting on our beloved Stones but what a glorious sunset it is going to be! Soak it all up before the darkness finally sets in.

It's Rough Justice on ya but it won't be too very long and the train will be pulling away from the station. In the meantime, try to be patient as "good things come to he/she who waits".

PS: When the watchmen are no longer watching and the crows become silent, then know one thing, a Stones tour is nigh!

Re: Will Stones Just Fade Away Or Will They Return For One Final Victory Lap in 2012?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 19, 2011 21:45

The anniversary of 'Satisfaction' is of no significance whatsoever. What next? A tour in 2019 to 'celebrate' the 50th anniversary of 'Honky Tonk Women' ?

Tour in their mid 70s after another prolonged break? Get real. How many people are desperate enough to see that?

After this one (if it happens), its over. Its been a good run. Deal with it and move on.

Re: Will Stones Just Fade Away Or Will They Return For One Final Victory Lap in 2012?
Date: July 19, 2011 22:00

Gazza
The anniversary of 'Satisfaction' is of no significance whatsoever. What next? A tour in 2019 to 'celebrate' the 50th anniversary of 'Honky Tonk Women' ?

Tour in their mid 70s after another prolonged break? Get real. How many people are desperate enough to see that?

After this one (if it happens), its over. Its been a good run. Deal with it and move on.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong, however, we shouldn't expect any large scale tours from here on in, including next year.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 19, 2011 22:02

What an original idea for a thread!

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: July 19, 2011 22:06

not only original but of the utmost quality!

Date: July 19, 2011 22:16

71Tele

Tele, sorry, but it's the future (albeit short) of the Stones that "bumps my goose" not what they once were or what they have stored in the vaults, or discussion of some song that was released thirty or forty years ago. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the fact that I am hopeful we haven't seen the last of them as artists (a new album) and as a live act. I guess it's the anticipation of something "out there lurking" that "floats my thunderboat"?

Date: July 19, 2011 22:22

ineedadrink
not only original but of the utmost quality!

Thank you kind sir, you know a good thing when you see it! Nothing raises hair like a "will the Stones tour?" thread around here! That's what we live for, right?

Date: July 19, 2011 22:26

stonescrow
71Tele

Tele, sorry, but it's the future (albeit short) of the Stones that "bumps my goose" not what they once were or what they have stored in the vaults, or discussion of some song that was released thirty or forty years ago. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the fact that I am hopeful we haven't seen the last of them as artists (a new album) and as a live act. I guess it's the anticipation of something "out there lurking" that "floats my thunderboat"?

No need to be sorry...but speculation about this nebulous "future" has been covered in about a thousand threads, with a new one popping up almost daily. It's all fine, just that it's nothing more than speculation and I can't imagine anything new will be said on the subject until something "official" happens or is announced.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: July 19, 2011 22:33

how about we talk about the future when we get there? then, and only then, can you talk about it, stonescrow winking smiley

it's a very slow news day in stonesland. not much is going on.
shouldn't colonial be starting one of his dumbass threads right about now? smoking smiley

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: July 19, 2011 22:42

ineedadrink
how about we talk about the future when we get there? then, and only then, can you talk about it, stonescrow winking smiley

shouldn't colonial be starting one of his dumbass threads right about now? smoking smiley

That's the funniest thing I've ever read!

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 19, 2011 22:57

for Godssake , not another thread like this, and no more threads from Colonial, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
byeeee
jeroen

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 19, 2011 23:04

corriecas
for Godssake , not another thread like this, and no more threads from Colonial, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
byeeee
jeroen

stonescrow..I'll race ya' to a 1,000 threads..ya' got a bit ground to make up I must be a good couple of hundred ahead of ya' by now.. smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 19, 2011 23:15

I think the Stones will be back, but it will be awhile, and it won't be a mega tour or even new album.

I think Mick is done with all of that.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 19, 2011 23:36

The next Stones tour could go either way anything from a few concerts.. to a Global BLOCKBUSTER Tour of all time smoking smiley

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: July 19, 2011 23:43

71Tele
speculation about this nebulous "future" has been covered in about a thousand threads, with a new one popping up almost daily.

And you have to post your opinion in every one. Yes indeed, every one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-19 23:59 by MILKYWAY.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 19, 2011 23:49

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 20, 2011 00:02

stonescrow
71Tele

Why not just wait to find out. We literally have a new thread like this every week,if not sooner.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 20, 2011 00:07

stonescrow
however, we shouldn't expect any large scale tours from here on in, including next year.

lol we have been hearing that one for some time now

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 20, 2011 00:20

Three albums in 16 years is what I call "fading away". How much more "fading away" can it possibly get? Three albums in 32 years or three albums in 64 years? Or what?

I respect your optimism, Stonescrow, but please stay reasonable. I for one can't see a "final victory lap" on the horizon.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: July 20, 2011 00:21

Gazza

plenty...especially when senility and lack of better judgement kick in

Date: July 20, 2011 01:11

Gazza

I for one, think they SHOULD have a 2012 anniversary celebration, to observe the 15th Anniversary of "Bridges to Babylon". It is after all the first album where they've had a lion on the cover, with it's genetalia airbrushed out (airbrushing thereafter perfected on the 2006 Rarities).

I just wonder if this is the same lion that is now the face of superheavy?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 20, 2011 03:17

No. However, in keeping with recent themes, the lion on Superheavy has a smaller todger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-20 03:17 by Gazza.

Date: July 20, 2011 03:37

MILKYWAY
71Tele
speculation about this nebulous "future" has been covered in about a thousand threads, with a new one popping up almost daily.

I know. I'm a bad person.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: July 20, 2011 03:51

71Tele
MILKYWAY
71Tele

I know. I'm a bad person.

Oh, that's not true. You may be a poor soul but your intentions are good.... I'll start a new "Stones future" thread tomorrow to feed your addiction. Just have to think about a tricky title that does not make it too obvious that it is thread 9873 about the same topic in a new disguise.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: July 20, 2011 04:01

It's a good thread to acknowledge and (some) accept that a great era in music is just about over.

Hyde Park will go down, and MT will be there. That will be pretty cool.

For me, the Stones haven't offered anything original in about 30 years, but I'm glad they kept touring cuz that meant I got to see them live. I was guilty of embellishing each new release in my own mind, trying to find the spark I got from Exile, from Sticky, Beggars, Ya Yas, Sydney, Brussels, heck even Some Girls and Emo Rescue! But the reality is, their music has had little relevance since Tattoo You. Even their best effort in my opinion was a live cover, Dylan's song. So it's like a relationship you know has got to end, but you hang on because you're in love, but you've got to let go.

It's cool that we've all been here during this band's reign. This MB is testament that many folks don't want to let go. The Stones have given us so much, and we've given them so much.

Date: July 20, 2011 04:32

ineedadrink

The good news (for you and others like you that are tired of this topic) is that you have the freedom of choice to ignore them and choose from any of the other hundreds of threads that are available to you on this forum that you might find far more interesting. The bad news? Personally, I think what you are doing borders on some form of stalking mentality that I find just a little bit disturbing. What I also find disturbing is your consistent berating of another members (colonial) threads. Referring to them as dumbass threads is downright mean spirited even if that is what you really think of them and shows a real lack of class in my opinion. Others may find your mean spiritedness to be humorous but I certainly don't. Anyway, I have said my piece, and this is a forum of free speech so I will leave the rest up to BV.

Date: July 20, 2011 04:39

Gazza
No. However, in keeping with recent themes, the lion on Superheavy has a smaller todger.

Poor Mick, one has to wonder if it is ever going to cease?

Date: July 20, 2011 04:45

corriecas
byeeee
jeroen

For Godssake, just ignore them!

Date: July 20, 2011 04:49

Gazza

Good lord, smaller than the lion on Bridges?

That would make it an inverted todger.

Date: July 20, 2011 04:52

colonial
corriecas
byeeee
jeroen

stonescrow..I'll race ya' to a 1,000 threads..ya' got a bit ground to make up I must be a good couple of hundred ahead of ya' by now.. smoking smiley

Colonial, my work is just about finished around here at least until after the next tour and we begin to ratchet things up for 2015. In the meantime, just keep doin what you have been doin in the name of free speech and your love for the Stones.

One Love, Gold Rings On Ya.

The Watchcrowsmoking smiley

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1555
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home