Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Spike - Ron Wood Cocaine
Posted by: Testify ()
Date: December 20, 2015 04:52

I heard today for the first time this song, fantastic! Ronnie put his signature on this. Great job ... what do you think?
Hello
[www.youtube.com]

Re: The Spike - Ron Wood Cocaine
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 20, 2015 09:19

It is taken from an album released last year by the Quireboys' singer Spike as a tribute to Frankie Miller's music.
Ronnie played on 3 tracks

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: December 20, 2015 12:31

You mentioned the guys that you have playing on the album-there is quite a stellar cast on there(Ronnie Wood, Andy Fraser, Simon Kirke, Ian Hunter among others). I just wondered how the songs were actually recorded. It must have been near impossible to align schedules for that to take place?

Spike”The good thing is modern technology. What I did was, I put about eighteen songs down-I recorded eighteen but only released twelve. I played the acoustic and sang the songs to a click , and then I sent that over to Simon Kirke in New York.. He played along to me with the acoustic and click. I then sent that over to Andy Fraser in Los Angeles, and he put the bass on and that’s how we did it. I went round to Ronnie Woods house with a computer and he played his guitar parts and that’s how we did it. I then put it all together and I went into Rockfield studios in Wales. I took all of the stuff off the computer and put it back onto the old tape,like the 24 track.-actual tape.

[myglobalmind.com]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: December 20, 2015 13:00

Ronnie Wood plays on Cocaïne, I'm Losing You and Keepin' it all for you ;

Full album
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 20, 2015 14:58

RW is just brilliant....his sobriety has been nothing short of a revelation for him...great stuff...rock on RW...hope you get the chance to contribute to the new RS record in a major way.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 20, 2015 17:49

The title is a bit misleading.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: December 20, 2015 19:05

Lien
Ronnie Wood plays on Cocaïne, I'm Losing You and Keepin' it all for you ;

Full album
[youtu.be]
Thanks, I had never heard. Ciao

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 21, 2015 01:59

Pretty cool tune...Ronnie's contributions are pretty cliche, imo. Not bad of course just not particularly special.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1280
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home