Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Guest musicians list
Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: December 17, 2015 21:01

Does anybody happen to know if a list exists of guest musicians that joined the Stones on stage? Does anybody know a site with this information?

I mean a list including all extra bandmembers for tours and guest vocalists etcetera.

Has anybody ever tried to create such a list? I didn't...

I was jus wondering how many there have been so far and I guess it's probably close to a 100 now.

Same request for a list of studio guests that have recorded with The Stones. Does it exist?

Maybe somebody willing to give it a try? Would be a nice Christmas gift for all of us...

Let it rock!

Re: Guest musicians list
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 17, 2015 21:10

Why don't you start thumbs up

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: December 17, 2015 21:47

Taylor Swift comes to mind...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 17, 2015 22:05

Ian over at timeisonourside has started a list of opening acts, it's not complete but it's an amazing attempt at such a thing. His web site is awesome overall.

I suspect he would be interested in creating such a list as you are talking about. perhaps you should contact him. His email address in on the site.

[www.timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 17, 2015 22:05

Rosto

I mean a list including all extra bandmembers for tours and guest vocalists etcetera.

Same request for a list of studio guests that have recorded with The Stones. Does it exist?

There's a list of the touring members in Wikipedia.

In Wikipedia's Concert Tour Chronology you'll find a list of additional musicians of each Tour.

The guest vocalists of the 50&Counting-Tour can be found for instance in the Reports: [www.iorr.org] .

You'll find also a list of studio guests in Wikipedia's Rolling Stones Discography, to each album under 'Personnel'.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-17 23:25 by Irix.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 18, 2015 11:33

I heard that when Blues Traveller opened for the Stones, John Popper desperately wanted to play harp with them. Mick dismissed the notion with a curt "too many notes". Ouch!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 18, 2015 11:54

Macca
Bono
Gaga

The usuals...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: December 18, 2015 12:13

Naturalust
Ian over at timeisonourside has started a list of opening acts, it's not complete but it's an amazing attempt at such a thing. His web site is awesome overall.

I suspect he would be interested in creating such a list as you are talking about. perhaps you should contact him. His email address in on the site.

[www.timeisonourside.com]

Check out this page on Ian McPherson's site. It's a database of all collaborations through the years.
(well, the link is to those with a name starting with A-D, the others are there to be found as well).

Amazing!

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-18 12:15 by marcovandereijk.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: December 18, 2015 12:13

Irix
Rosto

There's a list of the touring members in Wikipedia.

In Wikipedia's Concert Tour Chronology you'll find a list of additional musicians of each Tour.

The guest vocalists of the 50&Counting-Tour can be found for instance in the Reports: [www.iorr.org] .

You'll find also a list of studio guests in Wikipedia's Rolling Stones Discography, to each album under 'Personnel'.

That Wikipedia list of touring members isn't really complete, missing at least

Cindy Mizelle
Andy Snitzer
Michael Davis
Kent Smith
Lorelei McBroom
Sophia Jones
Arno Hecht (The Uptown Horns)
Bob Funk (The Uptown Horns)
Crispin Cioe (The Uptown Horns)
Paul Litteral (The Uptown Horns)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 18, 2015 12:45

firebird

That Wikipedia list of touring members isn't really complete, missing at least [...]

Cindy Mizelle - listed in Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour

Andy Snitzer - listed in Voodoo Lounge Tour, Bridges to Babylon Tour

Michael Davis - listed in Voodoo Lounge Tour, Bridges to Babylon Tour, No Security Tour, Licks Tour, A Bigger Bang Tour

Kent Smith - listed in Voodoo Lounge Tour, Bridges to Babylon Tour, No Security Tour, Licks Tour, A Bigger Bang Tour

Lorelei McBroom - listed in Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour

Sophia Jones - listed in Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour

Arno Hecht (The Uptown Horns) - listed in Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour

Bob Funk (The Uptown Horns) - listed in Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour

Crispin Cioe (The Uptown Horns) - listed in Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour

Paul Litteral (The Uptown Horns) -listed in Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 18, 2015 13:07

Rosto
Does anybody happen to know if a list exists of guest musicians that joined the Stones on stage? Does anybody know a site with this information?

From 2012 through 2015 you can find it here: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Rosto ()
Date: December 18, 2015 18:34

Great information so far, thanks a lot everybody. It's probably a bigger list then many of us ever had in mind.

Let it rock!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2142
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home