Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Knebworth
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 5, 2015 23:37

Saw this from Easter Man in the GYYYO thread and thought it would be cool to have its own.

Embedded in the SEE MORE part is the time for the songs (in front of each song). Happy is hilarious. From what I can tell it's the only time they played Let's Spend The Night Together of that era.

Satisfaction (They changed the opening number); 5:03 Ain't Too Proud to Beg; 9:28 If You Can't Rock Me (Best live version ever) ~~ Get Off My Cloud; 16:12 Hand Of Fate; 20:24 Around And Around; 24:33 Little Red Rooster; 29:42 Stray Cat Blues; 34:54 Hey Negrita (Top Nocht); 41:16 Hot Stuff; 46:56 Fool To Cry; 52:37 Star Star; 56:46 Let's Spend the Night Together; 1:01:53 You Gotta Move; 1:06:25 You Can't Always Get What You Want; 1:17:33 Dead Flowers; 1:22:06 Route 66; 1:25:54 Wild Horses (Top Nocht); 1:31:58 Honky Tonk Women ~~ Country Honk Tease; 1:35:50 Tumbling Dice; 1:40:22 Happy (Keith always had problems with this song); 1:44:14 Nothing From Nothing; 1:47:02 Outta Space; 1:50:58 Midnight Rambler; 2:04:42 It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (Odd version from such a great show); 2:09:24 Brown Sugar; 2:13:08 Rip This Joint; 2:15:17 Jumpin' Jack Flash; 2:19:28 Street Fighting Man (Best version EVER)

Knebworth
[www.youtube.com]

Re: Knebworth
Date: December 6, 2015 00:41

LSTNT was played at El Mocambo (you should know winking smiley ).

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: December 6, 2015 08:28

DandelionPowderman
el mocambo is an era of its own. cool smiley

Date: December 6, 2015 08:31

Knebworth is fantastic. Listen to tumblin dice. The whole band. Ollie. And Billy. Fantastic.

Date: December 6, 2015 08:37

Rooster is one of the best versions. Keith never played it better. Until the cotton gig. There are three versions of that song with the stones. Brians, keiths (1976/1977), and old keiths, true to wolfs rooster.

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: December 10, 2015 04:08

It's interesting, for years, the Knebworth setlist made this one of the most coveted recordings for me to find, and when I finally got my hands on one, it was like Star Wars the Phantom Menace all over again: the dissapointment killed any hope that the leadup hype could be redeamed. (Biggest disapointment for me was the much-vaunted performance of "Country Honk"; it's, in fact, nothing more than a thirty-second improv with Mick saying the first verse and Ronnie throwing in a few strums on the guitar.)

But I have to admit, after some repeated listens, the show has grown on me. Like that other British band who played this venue three years later, some songs display a group well-passed its prime, but others---epecially "Stray Cat Blues," "Dead Flowers" and "Hot Stuff"---will make the listener go, "why wasn't this on Love You Live?" It's also nice to hear a reserrected performance of the 1969 live version of "Satisfaction."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-10 04:11 by stevecardi.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 10, 2015 18:36

I suppose, when listening to Knebworth, it's reasonable to have the 1976 live Stones in mind and not expect some major revelation. If you expect a half-æssed '76 tour performance, you'll be pleasantly surprised because they did play quite well at Knebworth. Wild Horses was phenomenal, for example. A good level of energy and spontaneity, and the setlist, of course, was great. I believe it's still the longest concert the Stones have ever done.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: December 10, 2015 19:00

Is a CD available?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 10, 2015 19:07

Stones50
Is a CD available?

Sure is.... a 2cd, full show, mix of soundboard and audience so some is better quality than other bits.......... [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: December 10, 2015 19:11

THANKS!

Date: December 10, 2015 19:15

Stones50
THANKS!

thumbs up

Date: December 11, 2015 05:34

DandelionPowderman

DAMMIT I forgot!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 11, 2015 12:00

Officially released video of "Wild Horses".

[itunes.apple.com]

[www.youtube.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-11 12:41 by Deltics.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: December 11, 2015 15:45

Redhotcarpet
Rooster is one of the best versions. Keith never played it better. Until the cotton gig. There are three versions of that song with the stones. Brians, keiths (1976/1977), and old keiths, true to wolfs rooster.

There are few more:

Don t forget the versions 1989 and 2003.jagger played it solo in 1988 as well

Date: December 11, 2015 15:48

deardoctor
Redhotcarpet

There are few more:

He might be thinking of the guitar-based versions?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: December 11, 2015 16:09

deardoctor
Redhotcarpet

There are few more:

And the version with Tom Waits from Oakland in may 2013. That one certainly deserves
an honorable mention.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: December 11, 2015 16:38

marcovandereijk
deardoctor
Redhotcarpet

There are few more:

And the version with Tom Waits from Oakland in may 2013. That one certainly deserves
an honorable mention.

...an horror-able mention, I´d rather say.
Nothing comes next to the brilliant version on Flashpoint with Eric Clapton participating.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: December 11, 2015 16:42

HMS
marcovandereijk
deardoctor
Redhotcarpet

There are few more:

an honorable mention.

...an horror-able mention, I´d rather say.
Nothing comes next to the brilliant version on Flashpoint with Eric Clapton participating.

Eric Clapton really did some of the greatest guitar soloing of his life on the Flashpoint version I'd say. But the rest of the version... is too vegas for me, Chuck's keyboards are way too dominant.

Date: December 11, 2015 17:28

The Clapton Little Red Rooster on FLASHPOINT is the worst one ever. Too many squiddily squiddily doo notes, a rote performance of the song overall. Jagger sounding like he's sick on the toilet. Very clean and sterile. There's nothing blues about it.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: December 11, 2015 21:05

knebworth is the longest concert the stones ever done in terms of the number of different songs. 30 in all, although some were very short i believe.

not sure what the longest concert they have done when only considering time on stage performing.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: December 11, 2015 21:18

GasLightStreet
The Clapton Little Red Rooster on FLASHPOINT is the worst one ever. Too many squiddily squiddily doo notes, a rote performance of the song overall. Jagger sounding like he's sick on the toilet. Very clean and sterile. There's nothing blues about it.

The Rolling Stones are a Rhythm n Blues Band and Clapton is a genuine Blues-guitarist. How could there be nothing Blues about it? Mick´s vocals are pure Blues and great to my ears just like his slow version of I Just Wanna Make Love To You, which is also an outstanding highlight of the Steel-Wheels-tour. Sadly they never played Fancy Man Blues live.

Date: December 11, 2015 21:45

buttons67
knebworth is the longest concert the stones ever done in terms of the number of different songs. 30 in all, although some were very short i believe.

not sure what the longest concert they have done when only considering time on stage performing.

It was 29 named songs but 'If you can't rock me/ Get off of my cloud' was the usual '75/'76 medley of 6 minutes odd..............so 28 actual if you count a medley as one. (The only very short thing was Mick teasing Ron with the 35 second Country Honk ditty.........so it was either 28 or 27 proper songs depending on whether you count the medley as one or two
[dbboots.com]

The show's length was about 10 minutes less than a lot of the shows in the US in 1975.ie.
Knebworth - 2 hrs 27mns
LA 1975 - 2hrs 42mns (about 4 mins of this was the 'Fanfare for the Common man' intro. (So 2hrs 38mns playing.....the US shows were usually 24 / 25 songs but YCAGWYW, Finerprint file, Midnight Rambler and Sympathy were pretty lengthy renditions.....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-12-11 22:11 by EddieByword.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: December 12, 2015 02:26

DandelionPowderman
deardoctor
Redhotcarpet

There are few more:

He might be thinking of the guitar-based versions?

Hehe maybe. But the jagger solo tune From richmond Hotel 88 is very guitar based. I don't remember exactly but munich 2003 at the b stage was not too keyboard-dominated

Date: December 12, 2015 04:37

HMS
GasLightStreet

The Rolling Stones are a Rhythm n Blues Band and Clapton is a genuine Blues-guitarist. How could there be nothing Blues about it? Mick´s vocals are pure Blues and great to my ears just like his slow version of I Just Wanna Make Love To You, which is also an outstanding highlight of the Steel-Wheels-tour. Sadly they never played Fancy Man Blues live.

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1260
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home