Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Mick Jagger's Revenge? Is Mick Jagger Angry With Stones Fans?
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: July 15, 2011 18:40

A close friend of mine who has been a Stones fan since the beginning insists that Mick not only wants to "stick it" to Keith for his hurtful remarks in his book but also wants to "stick it" to the fans for all the "todger" jokes that have resulted from Keith's comment in his book. He thinks Mick is not as thick skinned as people believe him to be and that he was deeply hurt by Keith's "shots" at him in his book and even more hurt by the fans reaction to those "shots". His theory is that Mick is not only done with Keith and the Stones but is done with the fans who "poured gas" on Keith's "little fire" of insults. He thinks Mick's payback is going to be to never perform with Keith again which of course brings the Rolling Stones to a crashing halt. He also cited Mick's recent comment to a reporter that asked him if there was any future Stones tour in the works to which Mick bluntly replied, "it's not on the table". Could it be that Mick (in his own mind) has already moved on leaving the rest of us, (including Keith) in his rear view mirror? My friend thinks so citing the many relationships Mick has walked away from in the past. Sure hope he is wrong. What do you think?

Re: Mick Jagger's Revenge? Is Mick Jagger Angry With Stones Fans?
Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: July 15, 2011 18:42

stonescrow
My friend thinks so citing the many relationships Mick has walked away from in the past. Sure hope he is wrong. What do you think?

I think your friend is an idiot.

Sorry, you did ask... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: July 15, 2011 18:51

It's like a reverse Colonial.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 15, 2011 19:16

Well Mick certainly has enough asserts to live comfortably and provide for his family so if he so opts not to partake of working with the Stones it would not be entirely out of the realm of possibilities .

He has so many other opportunities to work and travel I for one would not be surprised .

It would however be a shame to bypass the 50th Anniversary without some kind of acknowledgment , even if it were only for one show .

Posted by: R ()
Date: July 15, 2011 19:34

The only reason Mick would have for "being mad at the fans" would be their insistence to only take him seriously as the singer of the Stones rather than as a solo artist or movie star or producer. In his own mind he may feel trapped in the role of the lead singer of the Rolling Stones and may, perhaps subconsciously, resent the fans for that reason.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 15, 2011 19:37

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-15 19:38 by Gazza.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 15, 2011 19:39

Stonescrow I don't mean any offence but don't you think that your "friend" isn't in fact just a voice you hear into your head that could be named Rollingblack, the alter ego.
Peace.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: July 15, 2011 19:39

i remember when the stones were a cool rock and roll band.

now they're just a lame soap opera.

Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: July 15, 2011 19:42

Good God......what has happened to this forum?

Date: July 15, 2011 19:45

ThankGod
Good God......what has happened to this forum?

sad smiley

Posted by: marko ()
Date: July 15, 2011 19:46

Boredom.

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: July 15, 2011 19:51

The Stones are over. That´s all. Mick has got enough with it.
Ok, maybe a couple of reunion gigs due to tons of money but nothing else.
Just read between the lines what they are all saying and doing.
Ronnie, the ultimate optimist is getting together with Keith to see "if they can rcapture their camaraderie..."
Come on, its over!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 15, 2011 19:58

Is your "friend" just another person like the rest of us who concocts theories about what the Stones will or won't do based on absolutely no first-hand information? If so, this "theory" is worth about as much as all the other theories posted here.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 15, 2011 20:06

Ich kann diesen mist bald nicht mehr lesen.Bin Stones fan seit 1965. erstes konzert für mich war Berlin september 1965. das letzte---bis heute--hannover 2006. live sind die rolling stones immer grossartig.man--warum immer wieder diese "threads", über mick vs-keith und so weiter. Sie gehen alle auf ihre 70 zu!! Können doch machen was sie wollen!. Danke für 50 tolle Jahre!
Bin einfach nur sauer!

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: July 15, 2011 20:08

my second cousin's father thinks he can beat keith richards in a thumb war because his theory is that keith would be too distracted by what mick is doing with superheavy. his thoughts would be somewhere else and therefore he wouldn't be able to fully concentrate on his match. i told him no, that's not the reason, the reason is keith is suffering from arthritis and his thumb-wrestling days are over. but my second cousin's father wouldn't believe me! what a jerk.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: July 15, 2011 20:33

Havo
Ich kann diesen mist bald nicht mehr lesen.Bin Stones fan seit 1965. erstes konzert für mich war Berlin september 1965. das letzte---bis heute--hannover 2006. live sind die rolling stones immer grossartig.man--warum immer wieder diese "threads", über mick vs-keith und so weiter. Sie gehen alle auf ihre 70 zu!! Können doch machen was sie wollen!. Danke für 50 tolle Jahre!
Bin einfach nur sauer!
Ich bin aus Griechenland, aber spreche einbisschen Deutsch. Ich verstehe was du sagst und vor allem wie du dich fuehlst. Also, gut gesagt! Aergere dich nicht, und einfach lass das sein! Bin Stones fan seit 1976. Danke fur die tolle Jahre und fur alles dass folgt!

Date: July 15, 2011 21:20

The Germans seem to be taking over...

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: July 15, 2011 21:31

MICK will put the stones together when he is ready,keith needs to get his guitar
chops together instead of bahaving like kid who lost a lolipop,and always putting mick down,without MICK THE STONES WOULD HAVE FINISHED YEARS AGO.
STONES ARE A WAY OF LIFE

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: July 15, 2011 21:55

kish_stoned
without MICK THE STONES WOULD HAVE FINISHED YEARS AGO.

They wouldn't have even started.

Unless Brian sang.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 15, 2011 22:25

stones78
It's like a reverse Colonial.

stones78..>grinning smiley<

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 15, 2011 22:43

Imho Mick doesn't give a hoot about what fans think. He just needs when a new tour is announced. He may consider (in a very minor way) SH as a revenge against Keith's book but overall this band seems to be the project of a man who enjoys himself immensely. And I say : "good for him". thumbs up

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 15, 2011 22:47

Yes, I agree with your friend that Mick may have been angry enough with Keith to turn his back on any future Stones efforts, but I fail to see any logic in the idea that he may be angry with the fans. The overwhelming response to Keith's todger comments has been to discredit Keith, and to admire and sympathise with Mick for not retaliating in kind.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: July 15, 2011 22:52

I was drinking the other night with Mick, and he told me "this forum seems to be out of themes", so I told him "yes, you're right!" and then we talk about football, he laugh a lot when I told him that River Plate is in secod division of Argentina's Leage. But he really doesn't care at all, all he does right now is to trow pearls at swines.

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Date: July 15, 2011 23:28

kish_stoned
MICK will put the stones together when he is ready,keith needs to get his guitar
chops together instead of bahaving like kid who lost a lolipop,and always putting mick down,

That bloody book has been out now for 9 months. He hasnt been promoting it for ages.

Isn't it time people moved on from obsessing about it?

Date: July 15, 2011 23:28

Gazza
kish_stoned
chops together instead of bahaving like kid who lost a lolipop,and always putting mick down,

That bloody book has been out now for 9 months. He hasnt been promoting it for ages.

Isn't it time people moved on from obsessing about it?

Yes.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 15, 2011 23:56

when the stones give the press conf next year they are gonna say there was no tension we were just busy with other stuff while we were waiting for the 50th to roll around which they will deny btw

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 15, 2011 23:59

I know for certain that Keith cared about fans; he even corresponded with some of them. I never heard that Mick cared about fans (except for young female models): So why should he be angry with them?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 16, 2011 00:18

What do you think?

.............get a new friend

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: July 16, 2011 00:43

71Tele
The Germans seem to be taking over...
...the Eurozone you mean?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 16, 2011 01:00

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home