Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Scorsese Doing George Harrison Documentary
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 15, 2011 09:02

Re: OT: Scorsese Doing George Harrison Documentary
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 15, 2011 09:35

Interesting. I just read a couple books on George. Hope they don't sanitize it. He was such a conflicting mix of spirituality and carnality. Hope we get inside Friar Park.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: July 15, 2011 20:38

Nice! Scorsese will do a great job I'm sure-- His Dylan documentary was top-notch.
Its about time that Harrison got the respect & spotlight he deserved. He rarely makes the "Greatest Guitarist" lists, yet is responsible for creating some of the most memorable, melodic, and perfect lead guitar runs in history. His contributions for many Lennon-Mccartney tunes and the Beatles in general often get overlooked.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: July 15, 2011 20:42

it's a shame Scorsese didn't do a good documentary on the Stones. a wasted opportunity. i'm looking forward to this one though.

Date: July 15, 2011 20:55

24FPS
Interesting. I just read a couple books on George. Hope they don't sanitize it. He was such a conflicting mix of spirituality and carnality. Hope we get inside Friar Park.

Not likely, as it has the official blessing of Olivia. Count on santization.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 15, 2011 20:56

Sort of forgotten now was the period in the early '70's when guys with shaved heads wearing robes who were in the Hare Krishna movement would approach people with their literature at airports (lampooned in the film Airplane!) or on public streets.

If you were young, their opening line would always be, "George Harrison told me to give you this..."

I think that sort of tainted George for awhile and gave him the reputation of The Weird Holy Man of Rock n Roll. I hope Scorsese touches on that, because that perception of him is part of his story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-16 01:48 by loog droog.

Date: July 15, 2011 21:05

what happened to the new editions of extra texture and dark horse his wife/son mentioned a few years ago?

Date: July 15, 2011 21:07

loog droog
Sort of forgotten now was the period in the early '70's when guys with shaved heads wearing robes who were in the Hare Krishna movement would approach people with their literature at airports (lampooned in the film Airplane! or on public streets.

If you were young, their opening line would always be, "George Harrison told me to give you this..."

I think that sort of tainted George for awhile and gave him the reputation of The Weird Holy Man of Rock n Roll. I hope Scorsese touches on that, because that perception of him is part of his story.

Yes, but what tainted him more in people's perception was his tendency to lecture people both in song and beyond. For a time he was called "His Lectureship" behind his back by people who knew him. Don't get me wroing, I adore the guy. But we all have our faults.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 16, 2011 01:03

loog droog
Sort of forgotten now was the period in the early '70's when guys with shaved heads wearing robes who were in the Hare Krishna movement would approach people with their literature at airports (lampooned in the film Airplane! or on public streets.

I had that exact experience in a shopping mall, mid-1970s. But he wasn't wearing a robe and didn't have a shaved head. Just a "normal" looking guy. His opening line was "You've heard of George Harrison, haven't you?" I'd be curious to know if George was aware that his name was being used in that way and how he felt about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-16 01:30 by tatters.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: July 16, 2011 02:04

Let's hope it's a real, actual documentary, unlike SAL. Just present the unvarnished truth about this complex man who is loved by so many of us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home