Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Duran Duran
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 18, 2011 00:12

DragonSky
And that was back when record sales/charts were still exaggerated. It being at #39 is most likely inaccurate and it was really at #139 at best.

Even if it was as high as #39, for the album's lead single, hardly an accomplishment.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 18, 2011 01:01

keefriffhard4life
Title5Take1
keefriffhard4life
Title5Take1
Duran Duran can be summed up by this quote by a band member (Nick Rhodes):

NICK RHODES: "I wanted to hire Simon Le Bon as our lead singer the second he walked in the door, before he even opened his mouth. I almost didn't care whether he could sing."

Why was I not surprised when I read that???

so whats the point. i've heard band members say they hired a guitar player before he even plugged in based on his look.

The point is those could only be really shitty bands.

not really. i'll see if i can find what bands said that. i knew springsteen claims as soon as he saw clarence clemons he knew he had to hire him.

Keith Richards on Bruce Springsteen (and I couldn't agree more) KEITH RICHARDS: "Bruce? Too contrived for me. Too overblown."

I was embarrassed for Bruce watching him during the 2009 Super Bowl halftime show a couple years ago.

Date: July 18, 2011 01:53

Title5Take1
keefriffhard4life
Title5Take1
keefriffhard4life
Title5Take1

NICK RHODES: "I wanted to hire Simon Le Bon as our lead singer the second he walked in the door, before he even opened his mouth. I almost didn't care whether he could sing."

so whats the point. i've heard band members say they hired a guitar player before he even plugged in based on his look.

not really. i'll see if i can find what bands said that. i knew springsteen claims as soon as he saw clarence clemons he knew he had to hire him.

Keith Richards on Bruce Springsteen (and I couldn't agree more) KEITH RICHARDS: "Bruce? Too contrived for me. Too overblown."

I was embarrassed for Bruce watching him during the 2009 Super Bowl halftime show a couple years ago.

well thats keith's opinion. still doesn't change the fact that clarence clemons was a great player and the e street band was good.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 18, 2011 02:37

Title5Take1
keefriffhard4life
Title5Take1
keefriffhard4life
Title5Take1

Not nearly as embarassing as the Stones Super Bowl performance.thumbs down

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: July 18, 2011 09:03

sweetcharmedlife
Title5Take1
keefriffhard4life
Title5Take1
keefriffhard4life
Title5Take1

Stones did fine.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 18, 2011 09:48

sweetcharmedlife
Title5Take1
keefriffhard4life
Title5Take1
keefriffhard4life
Title5Take1

The Stones were great at the Super Bowl. I've happily watched that performance multiple times. I know a couple college girls who became Stones fans because of it. Why don't these Duran Duran and Springsteen fans piss on over to their message boards and post their paeans there??

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 18, 2011 10:06

Title5Take1
sweetcharmedlife
Title5Take1
keefriffhard4life
Title5Take1
keefriffhard4life
Title5Take1

The Stones were great at the Super Bowl. I've happily watched that performance multiple times. I know a couple college girls who became Stones fans because of it. Why don't these Duran Duran and Springsteen fans piss on over to their message boards and post their paeans there??

Hear Hear, I continue to be perplexed by so many "so called fans", who post here so often, continue to hurl so many insults at The Stones. I have no idea what thier point or agenda is. The Stones have always been fine, they have always rocked, they have always rolled.... so why all the hate? I got a big kick out wathcing my Stones at the Superbowl... it was fun.. it was another milestone... perfection? no... but what in rock and roll ever is?

Date: July 18, 2011 17:36

Max'sKansasCity
Title5Take1
sweetcharmedlife
Title5Take1
keefriffhard4life
Title5Take1
keefriffhard4life
Title5Take1

Hear Hear, I continue to be perplexed by so many "so called fans", who post here so often, continue to hurl so many insults at The Stones. I have no idea what thier point or agenda is. The Stones have always been fine, they have always rocked, they have always rolled.... so why all the hate? I got a big kick out wathcing my Stones at the Superbowl... it was fun.. it was another milestone... perfection? no... but what in rock and roll ever is?

I may be in the minority here, but I can't even remember who played in the game. The halftime show though, was excellent.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2488
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home