Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

keith in 05-talking about micks junk,knighthood etc
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 11, 2011 20:34

it really bothers me that every one of my posts seem to be anti-keith lately.i really like keith alot,most of the music i listen to to this day including old blues,raggae and roots rock is because of keith talking about it years ago.
for years,like most hardcore fans,i believed keith was the heart and soul of the stones and mick was just there because he didnt become a solo star.
now looking back over the years a different story has emerged.

its an old story but a familiar one.a person with a substance abuse problem destroying a friendship and a business.i'm as guilty as anyone of thinking keith could handle it because "hey,he's keith".to believe that in the real world we would have to think robert downey jr has a jetpack and can fly if he wants,hey.he's ironman"
these qoutes are from Q magazine in 2005-the intereviewer starts off by saying keith is in his dressing room and "very drunk"

they talk about women and the interviewer says" but you were never really a womaniser wherereas mick.....
KEITH-"oh his cocks on the end of his nose and a very small one at that.huge balls,small cock.ask marianne faithfull"

hes asked about the "loaded sexual threat" of the stones in the 60's and gives a good answer but then the interviewer says something really dumb"maybe they were afraid of micks cock"

now a good interviewee who knows how to shrug off weird or embarrasing questions,a jimmy page or mccartney [or 70s keith] would just move on,but a drunk keith says : "that little thing?,no we just did the opposite of the beatles"
the questioner smells blood and asks "fancy a knighthood"keith takes the bait, of course.

a GUITAR WORLD interview from 2002 starts off:" an assistant brings him a large absolut and orange soda-the first in a long series"

this was followed by keiths paint by numbers history of the band and turned into the "dogshit in the doorway "tirade.

if keith had professional help years ago we would no doubt have a much better stones today.

Re: keith in 05-talking about micks junk,knighthood etc
Date: July 13, 2011 08:12

There was thread here some time back about an anti-keith vibe on this board. A poster (bianca) made an astute comment - he/she was surprised that it took so long for an anti-keith vibe to set in. Keith's brain has been fried for too long. Sadly, no support system could have reversed this exponentially progressive decline in time. The post 73 Keith is just an idea. The anti Keith vibe should really have started sometime in the 70's. Apparently many people intrepret this junkie to be cool and the junk that he spits out of his mouth is interpreted to be honest and/or heartfelt. We don't need Keith to appear on Celeb Rehab - he is the template for stars of reality television.

The dogshit comment is more a reflection of Keith's scatalogic mind than anything else.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-13 08:22 by wanderingspirit66.

Re: keith in 05-talking about micks junk,knighthood etc
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 13, 2011 08:30

The only think shocking anymore, are the people pounding the table with their fists insisting there will be a new album and tour.

It's amazing the band has put up with the antics as long as they have.

I still remember when Di passed away, and Elton John rerecorded "Good Bye Norma Jean', as 'Englands Rose' in her honour. Keith's response was that Elton was only ever recording songs about dead blondes, (I know I don't have the quote exactly right).

I remember Keith being a 'bit of a joke' at that time. For me, that moment is when he ceased being cool Keith.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1636
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home