Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is this really it ?
Posted by: Vanessa Wood ()
Date: July 10, 2011 11:07

Are Stones over? Or their solo projects are just some tactical move?
I hope these are just a kind of preparations
for 50 year anniversary Big Event in 2012 in order to attract much more attention
What do you think?

Re: Is this really it ?
Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: July 10, 2011 11:20

Check some of the threads about this topic, there are about a billion.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: July 10, 2011 12:22

Stones are a way of life,they won't fade away.
ITS ONLY ROCK-ROLL BUT WE LIKE IT

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 10, 2011 12:52

It's over. The last decent original material was B2B, in 1997.

But the remnants of the Stones are rising from the ashes, and new projects are emerging. As I foretold when Life was published.

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: July 10, 2011 13:05

It was a great journey.

Let's get on with the future.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 10, 2011 14:21

Don't give in just yet. There is still a glimmer of a hope for a 2012 reunion. If we still havent' heard anything definitive before February 2012 I will give in to.

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: July 10, 2011 14:50

1987-1988 - Mick/Keith solo projects - 1989 Stones album and tour
1992-1993 - Keith/Mick solo projects - 1994 Stones album and tour
2001 - Mick solo project - 2002 - Stones best of album and tour
2011 - Mick solo project - 2012 - Stones 50th anniversary tour

This pattern looks simple smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 10, 2011 14:59

franzk
This pattern looks simple

Let's hope the pattern won't be broken.

Posted by: Vanessa Wood ()
Date: July 10, 2011 15:43

Oh,really good point!
I like pattern version very much
Thank you!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 10, 2011 16:23

franzk

You forgot 2004 - Mick doing Alfie followed by 2005 ABB album and tour.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: July 10, 2011 18:01

Good point Franzk, as Edith Grove says, "let's hope the pattern won't be broken".

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 10, 2011 18:22

Their time as aworking band has come to an end.There seems to be a form of strong aggression and aversion between Jagger and Richards, they made enough money, so I do not think that they will work together again.Another thing is that they are approaching their seventieth birthday. Most of us would not like to visit Stones concerts that resemble B.B.King shows, the same licks and riffs for eighty minutes and some storytelling.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 10, 2011 18:43

JumpingKentFlash
franzk

You forgot 2004 - Mick doing Alfie followed by 2005 ABB album and tour.

You forgot Keith's Solo work "LIFE" in 2010.
I think that might have broken said pattern.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 10, 2011 18:45

Basically, it was over after Some Girls, 33 years ago.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: July 10, 2011 18:52

SuperHeavy isn't exactly "solo" work of/for Mick.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 10, 2011 20:21

Vanessa Wood
for 50 year anniversary Big Event in 2012 in order to attract much more attention
What do you think?

I suspect you're really asking "will they ever play live again" ... ?

Dunno, take a guess like the rest of us. Best not to think about it to be honest. If it happens, I'll be there. If it doesn't, then I have great memories and pictures ... thassit really and truly I suppose !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: July 10, 2011 20:32

Mick and Keith turn 68 this year correct? Maybe it really is over. They get the last laugh, no 'is this the last tour' and so on. The Last Time Tour and all that. Although the Exile extras that were worked on hinted at a hope of something in the future, it seems to not be the case. Keith's guitar on So Devine that he added is abysmal at best. Maybe he really can't play anymore. Maybe he doesn't want to play anymore. What that means for the supposed Some Girls extras who knows.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 10, 2011 20:33

Yawn...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 10, 2011 23:29

Yep this is the end of the Stones but hey here is a lil song to cheer you up!

No don't thank me! >grinning smiley<

Date: July 11, 2011 03:21

DragonSky
Mick and Keith turn 68 this year correct? Maybe it really is over. They get the last laugh, no 'is this the last tour' and so on. The Last Time Tour and all that. Although the Exile extras that were worked on hinted at a hope of something in the future, it seems to not be the case. Keith's guitar on So Devine that he added is abysmal at best. Maybe he really can't play anymore. Maybe he doesn't want to play anymore. What that means for the supposed Some Girls extras who knows.

As far as the Some Girls extras, I am sure there is much more in the can than on the Exile ones. new Keith overdubs are likely not needed.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 11, 2011 03:29

I really don't mind if it's over..............I got 43 years of memories all of their records and Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Date: July 11, 2011 04:00

NICOS
I really don't mind if it's over..............I got 43 years of memories all of their records and Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Yep. That's just it. Why all the angst over the fact that there is a possibility they might not play together into their 70s?

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: July 11, 2011 04:25

Vanessa Wood
What do you think?

No, (they are absolutely NOT over) and yes, (just like Mick told Larry King in May of 2010) it takes a certain amount of strategy (he used the word tactics) to have long term success in the music business, which the Stones obviously have had.

A year from today we will be debating whether the new album is as good or better than Exile, and whether they are as good live in 2012 as they were in 1972! In the meantime sit back and enjoy the soap opera!

The Watchcrowsmoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-11 04:31 by stonescrow.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 11, 2011 04:28

stonescrow

No, (they are absolutely NOT over) and yes, (just like Mick told Larry King in May of 2010) it takes a certain amount of strategy (he used the word tactics) to have long term success in the music business, which the Stones obviously have.

A year from today we will be debating whether the new album is as good or better than Exile, and whether they are as good live in 2012 as they were in 1972! In the meantime sit back and enjoy the soap opera!

can we get a hell yeah?
HELL YEAH!!!

Date: July 11, 2011 04:33

stonescrow
Vanessa Wood
What do you think?

No, (they are absolutely NOT over) and yes, (just like Mick told Larry King in May of 2010) it takes a certain amount of strategy (he used the word tactics) to have long term success in the music business, which the Stones obviously have.

I will bet (if they do tour) that we will NOT be debating whether they are as good in 2012 as they were in 1972 - at least seriously.

People keep projecting the patterns of the past into the current situation. I think this is a mistake. Lots of things have changed, and the influence of Father Time is probably the biggest thing now that is substantially different from previous hiatuses of the band.

Date: July 11, 2011 04:43

Max'sKansasCity
stonescrow

can we get a hell yeah?
HELL YEAH!!!

Hell Yeah! The bus may be at the rest stop (since '07) but soon it will be back on the road and ain't nuthin gonna stop it, not even the windstorm of negative energy that's been swirling around it these last few years!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 11, 2011 04:50

on the road AGAIN....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-11 04:51 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: July 11, 2011 04:55

71Tele
stonescrow
Vanessa Wood
What do you think?

I will bet (if they do tour) that we will NOT be debating whether they are as good in 2012 as they were in 1972 - at least seriously.

People keep projecting the patterns of the past into the current situation. I think this is a mistake. Lots of things have changed, and the influence of Father Time is probably the biggest thing now that is substantially different from previous hiatuses of the band.

They are well aware that they have picked up many new doubters among the once faithful since the last tour and that has made them even more determined than ever to "slay" (as Mick says) their audience as never before as impossible as that may seem.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 11, 2011 05:06

If they ever play together again I hope they allow the currently revitalised Ronnie to shine rather than have him made to play 2nd fiddle to Keith.

Anyway, a question. When was the last time Mick and Keith appeared in public together?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 11, 2011 08:08

His Majesty
If they ever play together again I hope they allow the currently revitalised Ronnie to shine rather than have him made to play 2nd fiddle to Keith.

Anyway, a question. When was the last time Mick and Keith appeared in public together?

I think it was the magazine cover shoot with Jack White.

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home