Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

36 years ago: July 9-13, 1975, LA Forum
Posted by: tomk ()
Date: July 10, 2011 08:47

Can't believe it was 36 years ago. I was at the July 10 show; which I posted about on another thread. If you were there, let's hear about it.

Re: 36 years ago: July 9-13, 1975, LA Forum
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: July 10, 2011 09:12

I was there opening night. I was having flashbacks today of my first concert. Awesome.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 10, 2011 09:19

I've posted about this before, but since you asked, I was at that show, and also on the 9th and 13th.

I went to the show on the 10th with my best friend. We were on the floor, about half-way back. During "Fingerprint File" he turns to me with a big smile, "Did you see that??" Whatever it was, I hadn't.

After the show he told me. Halfway through the song, he sees Bill--who is standing next to Billy playing synthesizer while Ronnie is playing bass--glance sideways at Billy. He cuts his eyes over, and looks once...then twice...and suddenly reaches over and pulls the brim of Billy's cap down over his eyes!

Billy was momentarily startled, and the two of them then shared a brief laugh over it.

It didn't stop the song or anything, and like I said I didn't even notice since I was paying attention to Mick and Keith, and didn't happen to be watching Billy and Bill at that moment. I was sorry I missed it.

If there's a tape of that show, I wonder if you can hear that quick interruption in their playing.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 10, 2011 11:14

loog droog
If there's a tape of that show, I wonder if you can hear that quick interruption in their playing.

All LA shows are available in excellent audience quality, with the 13th even being one of the best sounding aud boots available. The 11th is available in decent soundboard and there is a decent video of the show.

Mathijs

Posted by: marko ()
Date: July 10, 2011 11:22

Mathijs
loog droog

All LA shows are available in excellent audience quality, with the 13th even being one of the best sounding aud boots available. The 11th is available in decent soundboard and there is a decent video of the show.

Mathijs

also nice audience recording of july 11th.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 10, 2011 17:34

IIrc only the shows from the 9th 11th and the 13th exist in complete audience form. Mike Millard f@cked up the recording of the 10th and 12th shows.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: July 10, 2011 18:43

DidnĀ“t he have some problems with his nakamichi tapemachine?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 11, 2011 00:18

Mathijs[/quote]

So...........the infamous Video is from the 11 July 1975 show. Is there an excellent audio source for that show? Decent audio on my DVD doesn't cut in until about halfway through. I'd love to hear a better sound source synced up with the less than stellar video.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: July 11, 2011 11:49

The definitive DVD version of the show from the 11th made by falo.
4 different audio variations to chose from. Soundboard, Mike Millard Audience recording or 2 different merges!

mega upload:

[www.iorr.org]

dimeadozen torrent:

[www.dimeadozen.org]

[www.dimeadozen.org]

[www.dimeadozen.org]

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home