Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

From the vault news and rumours
Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: November 4, 2015 09:32

I'm curious if anybody has any info or sources of rumours regarding the future "from the vault" series releases. I'm a pretty big fan of this series, and while I expect they will release Toronto 05, and Brussels 73 eventually, I've heard rumours also for Paridiso 95. Could anybody give me a source for this? There's a lot of shows I would love to see released, MSG 72, Knebworth 76, some more licks shows from 02-03, and of course I want to see the Fonda Theater 2015 show released, does anyone have information on that show by the way? I was hoping to see it before Christmas, but its looking like that willn't happen sad smiley . Anyways, if anybody has any news, it would be much appreciated. Also, what shows would you most like to see release this year?

Re: From the vault news and rumours
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 4, 2015 09:47

jackflash1129
what shows would you most like to see release this year?

I'd like to see Vredenburg '03 officially released eventually.
I was lucky to be front center, and along with my first time seeing the Stones in '81, it was the best Stones experience imaginable.

Brief clip of No Expectations and JJF.

The Rolling Stones No Expectations 2003

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-04 09:48 by Hairball.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: November 4, 2015 11:46

Hairball
jackflash1129

I was lucky to be front center, and along with my first time seeing the Stones in '81, it was the best Stones experience imaginable.

This is absolutely marvelous! Is there a complete Pro-shot of this concert available somewhere?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 4, 2015 14:42

Beyond the two imminent releases, it's all just rumours I'm afraid. VideoJames mentioned a possible release for the unreleased 1972 live album backed with some unseen footage from the tour. I've not heard anything further on that one.

Knebworth - probably never as the footage was apparently damaged/destroyed years ago.

I'd like to see the full Tempe show from 1981 that was used in part on LSTNT given the FTV treatment. It's on Youtube in remarkably good quality.

Date: November 4, 2015 18:57

HMS
Hairball
jackflash1129

This is absolutely marvelous! Is there a complete Pro-shot of this concert available somewhere?

I'm not sure but would like to think so...or at least hope so.
It could be just what was filmed for this Dutch television news story:
(even if one doesn't speak Dutch, interesting footage of fans, the process to get in theater, etc.).

The Rolling Stones - Vredenburg Utrecht

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 4, 2015 19:52

One of the 1995 club shows is in the plans.
So is Paris 1976.

The Fonda show will get a theatrical release and is not to be considered as a part of the Vaults series.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: MrHappy ()
Date: November 4, 2015 20:17

I just still keep hoping for Philadelphia 72

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: November 4, 2015 21:28

this is interesting. no idea what show. love mick's jacket.

[youtu.be]

it also poses an interesting question. they will never release this in the bootleg series. but could the stones establish a subscription service on the web and give fans access to audio and video archives like this.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: November 4, 2015 21:45

sundevil

[youtu.be]

it also poses an interesting question. they will never release this in the bootleg series. but could the stones establish a subscription service on the web and give fans access to audio and video archives like this.

The guitars sound very different than other 1989 shows! Maybe it's just the mix...
I hope they'll open the archives one day.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: November 4, 2015 22:06

Another club show from the licks tour would be good. Some rare songs were played
at the clubs during the tour.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 4, 2015 22:33

They could release the entire Olympia from Four Flicks (with a somewhat slower video edit) + bonus footage from all other songs captured during the other club shows

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: November 4, 2015 23:05

...better release the 2012-2015(6?) shows...

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: November 4, 2015 23:29

Mr.Happy-"I just still keep hoping for Philadelphia 72".

You and me both. I felt like something from the '72 tour (Phili, NY, Houston, or Dallas) should have been part of the initial releases. I have no interest in the unreleased '72 Live album. It was a typical Hodge podge of songs from the tour out of order-No Thank You!

Date: November 5, 2015 00:30

swimtothemoon
Another club show from the licks tour would be good. Some rare songs were played
at the clubs during the tour.

All of those Licks Theater/Club shows were better than the Beacon shows that became Shine a Light imo.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 6, 2015 16:34

MonkeyMan2000
sundevil

[youtu.be]

The guitars sound very different than other 1989 shows! Maybe it's just the mix...
I hope they'll open the archives one day.

Yeah, that mix sounds like it's right from the board, no compression etc.

Awful haircut, Mick. It's beyond cringe.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: November 6, 2015 20:47

TumblinDice76
Mr.Happy-"I just still keep hoping for Philadelphia 72".

You and me both. I felt like something from the '72 tour (Phili, NY, Houston, or Dallas) should have been part of the initial releases. I have no interest in the unreleased '72 Live album. It was a typical Hodge podge of songs from the tour out of order-No Thank You!
This

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: November 6, 2015 22:19

south of the equator, before keith's head bump

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: November 6, 2015 23:38

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 7, 2015 02:36

I do wish they'd release the 1989 Atlantic City PPV. That was at the end of the US STEEL WHEELS leg of the tour, they were tight, it sounded good. Best Start Me Up I've ever heard ie Ronnie's solo was oustanding.

Axl..

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 7, 2015 02:38

I'd like to start an completely unsubstantiated rumour that the next Vault Release, just in time for Christmas, will be a superdeluxe package of the 2 nights at the El Mocambo.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: November 7, 2015 03:12

treaclefingers
I'd like to start an completely unsubstantiated rumour that the next Vault Release, just in time for Christmas, will be a superdeluxe package of the 2 nights at the El Mocambo.

There is a rumor that it will be of them warming up for the Ft Collins show in 1969.

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: November 7, 2015 03:20

The only tours remaining from the Vault Series pre-1981 and the advent of home recording are:

1973 - Any Show
1976 - Paris 1976 (probably the obvious choice)
1977 El Mocambo - Toronto Canada - only show in 1977 to my knowledge
1979 Toronto Canada - Concert For The Blind - only show in 1979

Give me any of these shows for Christmas and I'll be happy.

PECMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 7, 2015 03:36

Turner68
treaclefingers

There is a rumor that it will be of them warming up for the Ft Collins show in 1969.

I hope it's unsubstantiated...those are the best.

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: November 7, 2015 03:46

IMHO it is highly unlikey that the Stones will revisit years which have already seen concert releases in home video form.

Thus new shows from 1972 would be unlikely as would any expanded shows from the Four Flicks or Biggest Bang boxed sets.

Older shows which were produced for TV broadcast include Paris 1976, Atlantic City 1989, Miami 1994, St. Louis 1997.

East Rutherford, 1994 was breifly available in a truncated form as a VHS tape at Stones concerts and through their 1994 merchandising catalog.

Tokyo 1995 was broadcast in Japan and available as a Japan-only laserdisc.

Stripped (1995) was broadcast in differnet versions in many countries and was never released on a home video format.

Plus there are a plethora of broadcasts for smaller markets like South America, Chile, Argentina, etc. especially as the Stones rolled into the 21st century.

As the Stones are "lazy buggers" in Bill Wyman's words, I would expect little effort to be put into creating new video matewrial from older footage when the above items have already been produced, edited, broadcast, and in many cases previously available. They are easy to issue and I'd be quite happy with any of them

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: November 7, 2015 05:58

Would be great if we got one of those '95 theater shows -- Paradiso, Brixton -- in full. I remember, in pre-Internet days, learning of those set lists via Beggars Banquet newsletter, and drooling.

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: November 7, 2015 06:07

That is a nice rumor. Where did you hear it ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2173
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home