Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT SMiLE Sessions?
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 7, 2011 18:20

does have any info on the upcoming Beach Boys release? tracklisting etc?
the couple of (fairly lame) BBs forums i've checked dont seem to have much to offer...

Re: OT SMiLE Sessions?
Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: July 7, 2011 18:49

The "Smiley Smile" Board was originally the "Smile Shop" as I recall -- anyway, they are nuts about Smile there and have some very knowledgeable fans and a few heavy hitters posting. Can get very arcane, obscure, and hard-core -- the kind of stuff we love!

Smiley Smile board

Date: July 8, 2011 00:34

i don't think they've announced it yet

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: July 8, 2011 05:01

Perusing the posts at the Smiley Smile Board...there are some who seem to be in the know are saying it will be out by September. But you know how it is with these things. Then there's the infamous radio ad -- we plan on moving a million units in January..('67!)

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: July 8, 2011 05:23

i am very much looking forward to this. i hope it will have as much studio chatter as the Pet Sounds box set had.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: July 8, 2011 11:25

peoplewitheyes
the couple of (fairly lame) BBs forums i've checked dont seem to have much to offer...

There's still no official release date out. I was looking up the Capitol records web site yesterday and it still only offers the press release from arch 14, stating that a global release date and tracklists "will be "unveiled soon".

However, there have been some sources announcing a release on July 12, but if this would've been the case, I guess we'd already heard it from Capitol records as well. It would also have been featured on Amazon for example, enabling preorders of the Smile Sessions.

So it looks like we just have to keep waiting. The only specification Capitol Records has already made AFAIK, is that the album will come out anytime this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-08 11:26 by Greenblues.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: July 8, 2011 12:51

Greenblues
peoplewitheyes

There's still no official release date out. I was looking up the Capitol records web site yesterday and it still only offers the press release from arch 14, stating that a global release date and tracklists "will be "unveiled soon".

However, there have been some sources announcing a release on July 12, but if this would've been the case, I guess we'd already heard it from Capitol records as well. It would also have been featured on Amazon for example, enabling preorders of the Smile Sessions.

So it looks like we just have to keep waiting. The only specification Capitol Records has already made AFAIK, is that the album will come out anytime this year.

My guess is they'll release it in October/November, in time to catch the Christmas market.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: July 8, 2011 13:02

Nikolai
Greenblues
peoplewitheyes

My guess is they'll release it in October/November, in time to catch the Christmas market.

Sounds convincing to me, especially when taking into account that there has to be some "buffer time" between announcement and release for promotion, presales etc.

So there's enough time to collect some dough for the expensive box set, I reckon.

Btw. Did you get that Mojo giveaway single with Cabin Essence and Wonderful? It's quite a nice item I think, and it sounds good. I even noticed some background vocals I hadn't heard before on "Wonderful".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-08 13:05 by Greenblues.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: July 8, 2011 14:33

I've had the Smile sessions on bootleg for a number of years and its great -- so many tracks and extra musical segments that Brian Wilson didnt include on his solo "Smile" release--
I am really looking forward to having all these tracks cleaned up and officially released- you're in for a treat !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1971
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home