Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger wants to take Super Heavy on tour
Date: July 6, 2011 15:23

Re: Mick Jagger wants to take Super Heavy on tour
Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: July 6, 2011 16:59

they'll only do it if the record sells well. And I bet it would be just a few gigs, no major tour. Single out tomorrow!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: July 6, 2011 18:17

I hate the name "Super Heavy".

They are setting themselves up for a fall.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 6, 2011 18:23

there will be maybe 1 showcase.
get your ass together Jagger, and put the stones in gear and tour the world.
jeroen

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 6, 2011 19:26

corriecas
get your ass together Jagger, and put the stones in gear and tour the world.
jeroen

He obviously doesn't want to. How logn has he been "married" to the Stones? 49 years? Time for him to date another gir... band!

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: July 6, 2011 19:57

Perhaps supported by the Winos!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 6, 2011 19:59

Just a rehash of the same quotes we've been hearing. Absolutely nothing new in that article.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-06 20:44 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: July 6, 2011 20:01

I think this Super Heavy thing is just to build excitment for the Stones....I think
they will sell well and even tour a few places. This will show case that Jagger is still the Best!

The more they talk about the Stones being done. And Jagger enjoying some success with his new band.
The more we will buy anything from the STONES...We will be excited because if the Super Heavy Cd sells well
we will all (including radio stations) will be thinking that any new Stones album must be ever better. Because Jagger must
be back and in top form!!!
Its all about the buzz..ha..

So imo after Jagger runs the course with this new band ,the press, fans, and radio stations
will be more then pumped for a New Stones Album and tour!!!
A Super Big 50th Birthday Party!! ---- KEITH and MICK are BACK!!!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 6, 2011 21:25

Wonder if Keith will slit his throat...

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: July 6, 2011 21:43

GravityBoy
I hate the name "Super Heavy".

They are setting themselves up for a fall.

Yeah, I'd prefer "Marvelously Massive"

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 6, 2011 21:47

So..........what if it's a huge success? These are international stars by the way. A.R. Rahman has a sold out concert at the Hollywood Bowl this weekend. (I saw him last time and it was great). Damian Marley has international cred. And that Jagger guy brings a certain presence. The reality is that these stars probably have too many individual commitments for there to be anything but a limited tour in big cities. I would certainly be interested in seeing such a show.

The benefit to the Stones would be to position Jagger as a star of now, not then. And it couldn't hurt to goose Keith to come up with more than Chuck Berry b-side retreads, or croaky ass ballads.

This whole SuperHeavy thing has a real Brian Jones vibe to it. And I hope it benefits the sound of the next, and possibly final, Rolling Stones album.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 6, 2011 22:36

24FPS
So..........what if it's a huge success? These are international stars by the way. A.R. Rahman has a sold out concert at the Hollywood Bowl this weekend. (I saw him last time and it was great). Damian Marley has international cred. And that Jagger guy brings a certain presence. The reality is that these stars probably have too many individual commitments for there to be anything but a limited tour in big cities. I would certainly be interested in seeing such a show.

The benefit to the Stones would be to position Jagger as a star of now, not then. And it couldn't hurt to goose Keith to come up with more than Chuck Berry b-side retreads, or croaky ass ballads.

This whole SuperHeavy thing has a real Brian Jones vibe to it. And I hope it benefits the sound of the next, and possibly final, Rolling Stones album.
His estimated record sales are over 300 millions - no newbee on the music market.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: July 7, 2011 01:06

I think it will sell moderately well, because many Stones fans will buy it, reggae fans will buy it, Joss Stone fans, Dave Stewart fans (are there such thing as Dave Stewart fans?) but will it be a mega-hit? I dunno. Sounds like a lot of hype. Maybe there will be some catchy tunes and it will be talked about, who knows.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 7, 2011 01:19

I smell another nasty Keith bio coming out soon!! LOL!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 7, 2011 02:20

keith didnt slit his throat the last time as promised, talk is cheap

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: July 7, 2011 04:02

ALl publicity is what it is... Super Heavy it ain't even heavy.. Super Heavy Metal??? Whatever it sounds like hope it does well and puts the Stones back on track again for another Big Tour

drummer_dude

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: July 7, 2011 04:54

Sorry folks, the record will not sell well. Nothing is selling well these days. I'm sure Rolling Stone magazine will give it 5 stars before listening to it and a cover story,etc. Does not mean a thing these days. I'm curious to hear it and will buy it, but it will not appeal to the masses.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 7, 2011 05:16

mtaylor
24FPS

His estimated record sales are over 300 millions - no newbee on the music market.

You wonder how many haters on this blog even know who A.R.Rahman is.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 7, 2011 05:20

hot stuff
I think this Super Heavy thing is just to build excitment for the Stones....I think
they will sell well and even tour a few places. This will show case that Jagger is still the Best!

The more they talk about the Stones being done. And Jagger enjoying some success with his new band.
The more we will buy anything from the STONES...We will be excited because if the Super Heavy Cd sells well
we will all (including radio stations) will be thinking that any new Stones album must be ever better. Because Jagger must
be back and in top form!!!
Its all about the buzz..ha..

So imo after Jagger runs the course with this new band ,the press, fans, and radio stations
will be more then pumped for a New Stones Album and tour!!!
A Super Big 50th Birthday Party!! ---- KEITH and MICK are BACK!!!

from superheavy to mick and keith are back? a bit wishful...you should click your heels together 3 times as well!

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: July 7, 2011 07:29

I am amazed about the negative vibes about this project..I for one invite it..I think Damians fans alone are gonna eat this up.plus the Indian dudes fans too...that leaves Mick,Joss<and Daves fans to decide if they like it or not.I will not be expecting Stones riffs when I buy this..I have the Stones for that.I love reggae so I am excited for this.I think some of u will be surprised by it.

Coming Down Again

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 7, 2011 07:36

Yawn.......

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: July 7, 2011 17:10

I CAN DREAM...But i do think that Keith and Mick and the rest
will come together for the money and for their own ego's...

Mick & Keith know that the Rolling Stones are bigger then both of them..
It may be a sad thing for Mick but after almost 50 years Mick knows better.

So Build excitement with another new solo project from Mick...Keep the band in the news..
Let everyone think the Stones are done...And then come together with the so called "Last Tour"!!

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: July 7, 2011 18:39

what chance is there that comments like this are designed to get cohl and live nation to settle their lawsuits against each other? the band was planning to go out this year until these idiots got all cranked up. this side project would only do say, LA, new york, london, paris. charlie's working, mick loves to work, keith wants to round everybody up.

but you can't go on the road when the jackasses won't get out of the way.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 7, 2011 19:02

NOT IN MY BACKYARD !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2272
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home