Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Remember Brian
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 6, 2011 22:50

hmmm.. the most musically knowledgeable Rolling Stone...

the least capable of being in a band, because he wasn't emotionally or physically healthy...

both the key ingredient and contributor to so many songs while in the Stones, yet eventually he was the reason they couldn't go to work..couldn't tour...

he had little or no interest in being a team player, yet got the band going in the early days...

a blessed troubled individual.

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: July 7, 2011 04:13

Brian Jones, original founder of the Rolling Stones, may he forever Rest in Peace...we will remember you for who you were.

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: July 7, 2011 10:03

If frank killed Brian then he was never going to get paid. I don't buy it.

IMO Brian was a pill popper and those pills he took like Valium and mandrax are horrible to get addicted to. The withdrawals are nightmares, people have seizures on those downer pills if they are dependent and try to quit cold turkey.

People didn't know what we know now about those downers, I think he rode a roller coaster ride of withdrawals from them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-07 10:15 by M4000D.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 7, 2011 15:47

RIP Brian - Thank you for putting the Stones together.

I wonder what he would have done had he survived.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: July 8, 2011 06:14

brian had it all just couldn't control it all. very important to the sixties and the male gender wearing womens clothes. heck ronnie still does today..

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: July 8, 2011 07:06

slew
RIP Brian - Thank you for putting the Stones together.

Indeed.

slew
I wonder what he would have done had he survived.

He probably would have had several more children.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-08 07:07 by uhbuhgullayew.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: July 8, 2011 09:57

Stoneage
I have a feeling I have stumbled on some real Brian fans here. I won't stand a chance against such an artillery so I'll withdraw!

I dont think it's down to that. Brian Jones had an aura and an image that appealed to fans including the more "mature" fans like Jim Morrisson, through the screen. He had personality, like it or not.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 8, 2011 19:33

It is good to see that after all those years Brian is still part of many Stones fans thoughts.
The only thing I like to add to the discussions about his death is that I saw a BBC interview on the 3rd of July 1969 on TV and both Anna and George T. were briefly interviewed. What I remember as if it were yesterday was the impression that George T. gave. Although I knew nothing at that time yet, my strong impression of that interview was that he was lying during that interview. All I learned many years after the tragic event convinced me of the cause of Brian's death .... George T.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 8, 2011 20:18

It was between Brian or Mick from the beginning...the singer was always my favorite but Brian looked cooler (thoughts from 1964)...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 8, 2011 20:38

georgie48
It is good to see that after all those years Brian is still part of many Stones fans thoughts.
The only thing I like to add to the discussions about his death is that I saw a BBC interview on the 3rd of July 1969 on TV and both Anna and George T. were briefly interviewed. What I remember as if it were yesterday was the impression that George T. gave. Although I knew nothing at that time yet, my strong impression of that interview was that he was lying during that interview. All I learned many years after the tragic event convinced me of the cause of Brian's death .... George T.

You mean Frank T? Who is George T?

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1630
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home