Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Interview with Lisa Fischer
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: September 30, 2015 04:09

Re: Interview with Lisa Fischer
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 30, 2015 04:17

Very nice interview, thanks roller. Lisa is playing near where I live in a few weeks, I'm thinking I should try to go.

Posted by: golfjen2001 ()
Date: September 30, 2015 05:07

Latebloomer you should go I just saw her show in Burlington it was amazing.She performs stones numbers like you have never heard done her way. What a set of vocals an the band is very professional I would highly recommend attending.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 30, 2015 05:14

Nice job with the questions roller! She seems a woman of few words. That must have been a bit unexpected, no? A lot of artists go on for at least a while longer and give more in depth answers. Can't recall too many interviews that were so brief in the answer department. I'm sure you loved it when she said her favorite instrument was bass. lol

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 30, 2015 05:19

Nice interview, thanks for sharing. thumbs up

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: September 30, 2015 05:24

I saw Lisa a year or two back and she was amazing. Highly recommended

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 30, 2015 05:29

Thanks golfjen and James K, it sounds like I should make the effort. smiling smiley

Date: September 30, 2015 06:08

Naturalust
Nice job with the questions roller! She seems a woman of few words. That must have been a bit unexpected, no? A lot of artists go on for at least a while longer and give more in depth answers. Can't recall too many interviews that were so brief in the answer department. I'm sure you loved it when she said her favorite instrument was bass. lol

Dead on Naturalust. Her answers were very brief. I was invited to submit questions via email, and that format is the least conversational. It's stricly Q & A. It makes the job very easy because you don't havv to transcribe anything, but it is definitely lacking. When I interviewed Henry Diltz and Pattie Boyd a few weeks ago, I had a list of questions prepared, and I made it to number two because we just conversed. Easily a half hour each, and both of them wanted to keep going. Much more rewarding. I tried a few months back to get her to come to a showcase jam. It would have been cool to play behind her. Bass? Yep! And thanks for the compliment. Too bad you're not in L.A., you could go to the shoe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-30 06:21 by roller99.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 30, 2015 07:50

I liked Lisa in the beginning, but isn't it time to move on? Her and Bernard are replaceable backup singers. For gods sake get some new blood on stage.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 30, 2015 12:45

24FPS
I liked Lisa in the beginning, but isn't it time to move on? Her and Bernard are replaceable backup singers. For gods sake get some new blood on stage.

Well, it may be happening.
According to Lisa's website she has a string of dates scheduled around February 2016, just when her backing group are about to do their next South American treck.

Date: September 30, 2015 13:08

Nice touch with the IORR-question, Ivor thumbs up

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 30, 2015 14:54

Nice touch indeed. Too bad we get too nasty to bother with, but good for her for steering clear of toxic waste.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 30, 2015 15:48

I love her answer about reading iorr:

Years ago I did, but it has its highs and lows. I decided it was better to stay mentally and emotionally healthy by not reading it.

Date: September 30, 2015 16:12

Koen

Years ago I did, but it has its highs and lows. I decided it was better to stay mentally and emotionally healthy by not reading it.

Sounds like she did indeed spend some time on here. Pretty unlikely at this point she or Bernard will be replaced as backup singers 24FPS all though I agree that some new blood in that department would be a nice change. I don't think her solo shows would prevent her from touring with the Stones in SA and would guess she will cancel or reschedules any who's dates conflict with Stones activity. But is is interesting to see that considering Stones rehearsals at a minimum should be in full swing. confused smiley

Date: September 30, 2015 16:16

Naturalust
Koen

Sounds like she did indeed spend some time on here. Pretty unlikely at this point she or Bernard will be replaced as backup singers 24FPS all though I agree that some new blood in that department would be a nice change. I don't think her solo shows would prevent her from touring with the Stones in SA and would guess she will cancel or reschedules any who's dates conflict with Stones activity. But is is interesting to see that considering Stones rehearsals at a minimum should be in full swing. confused smiley

That may also mean that they plan to do minimal, if any, changes in the setlist...

Date: September 30, 2015 16:24

DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
Koen

That may also mean that they plan to do minimal, if any, changes in the setlist...

That's pretty much a given even if they do have long rehearsals. lol

Date: September 30, 2015 16:35

Naturalust
DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
Koen

They'll never do more than a couple of week's intensive rehearsals.

Date: September 30, 2015 16:58

DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
DandelionPowderman
Naturalust
Koen

They'll never do more than a couple of week's intensive rehearsals.

Yep. And still come out playing the same songs they've basically been playing since 1989. grinning smiley One or two truly new tunes perhaps but those couldn't take a lot of time to get down. I've read if a song they are considering playing doesn't come together fairly quickly they just drop it.

Date: September 30, 2015 17:01

<And still come out playing SOME OF the same songs they've basically been playing since 1989.

winking smiley

Date: September 30, 2015 22:55

Naturalust
Koen

Well, when the band was touring recently, she had her own private jet flying her to gigs up in Canada, etc. SA is kind of far, so who knows. I was going to ask her "which band takes preference" but deleted the question because I figured it leaves you open to a "pat" answer. I think everyone in the band has to bone up on how to answer questions from press...

Date: September 30, 2015 22:56

with sssoul
Nice touch indeed. Too bad we get too nasty to bother with, but good for her for steering clear of toxic waste.

Hey, I had to ask. If it weren't for IORR, I wouldn't even be doing this.

Date: September 30, 2015 23:10

roller99
Naturalust
Koen

Well, when the band was touring recently, she had her own private jet flying her to gigs up in Canada, etc. SA is kind of far, so who knows. I was going to ask her "which band takes preference" but deleted the question because I figured it leaves you open to a "pat" answer. I think everyone in the band has to bone up on how to answer questions from press...

Well she sure seems to have the pat answer thing down. LOL. As far as flying her around in her own private jet, I think it's a bit over the top, didn't realize they did it for her on the Zip Code tour. Perhaps she's gotten used to the idea and intentionally scheduled some close gigs in order to continue to experience the diva treatment. LOl. I say it a great excuse to leave her in Florida where most her late Feb. March gigs are. Of course that is the best port for SA flights...coincidence? Maybe the Stones pay her more, per contract, when she has to cancel shows to sing for them?

Looking at her February Schedule, she has an awfully lot of gigs within a day of the Stones rumored shows and a few Feb 13th, and Feb 20, Feb 27, March 2 which are scheduled on the very day! I can't imagine her cancelling that many shows and not pissing the promoters off so maybe this is indeed a sign there will be no Lisa in SA. Lucky for the SA audiences, in that case, with all due respect of course.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: September 30, 2015 23:17

good job !
the answers are ... concise winking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 30, 2015 23:31

Nice job. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: October 1, 2015 05:25

Naturalust
roller99
Naturalust
Koen

Well she sure seems to have the pat answer thing down. LOL. As far as flying her around in her own private jet, I think it's a bit over the top, didn't realize they did it for her on the Zip Code tour. Perhaps she's gotten used to the idea and intentionally scheduled some close gigs in order to continue to experience the diva treatment. LOl. I say it a great excuse to leave her in Florida where most her late Feb. March gigs are. Of course that is the best port for SA flights...coincidence? Maybe the Stones pay her more, per contract, when she has to cancel shows to sing for them?

Looking at her February Schedule, she has an awfully lot of gigs within a day of the Stones rumored shows and a few Feb 13th, and Feb 20, Feb 27, March 2 which are scheduled on the very day! I can't imagine her cancelling that many shows and not pissing the promoters off so maybe this is indeed a sign there will be no Lisa in SA. Lucky for the SA audiences, in that case, with all due respect of course.

I should see if I can get solid SA tour info.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: October 1, 2015 07:14

Very much enjoyed reading your Morrison Hotel piece/ early Sept. '15, thanks!

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 1, 2015 11:47

"do you ever read any of the posts [...] on iorr.org?

Years ago I did, but it has its highs and lows. I decided it was better to stay mentally and emotionally healthy by not reading it."

Date: October 1, 2015 17:32

35love
Very much enjoyed reading your Morrison Hotel piece/ early Sept. '15, thanks!

Thank you very much!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 1, 2015 19:55

Nice, thanks for sharing your Lisa's interview here roller99!!! thumbs upPlease, let us know if you get that get "solid SA tour info".

Date: October 2, 2015 04:41

Done, I just sent the inquiry. I'll probably get the "nothing yet" response. Rest assured that when the dates are firmed up, you'll hear it from me first.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2385
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home