Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
If You're A SuperHeavy Fan (Which I'm Not...)
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: July 1, 2011 21:16

.....this might interest you:

Breaking news..... SuperHeavy single 'Miracle Worker' now available for pre-order (US pre order to go live soon) [t.co]

Apologies for starting a new thread, but I thought some of you might not see it buried in the already existing tread(s).

Re: If You're A SuperHeavy Fan (Which I'm Not...)
Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: July 1, 2011 22:32

Cocaine Eyes
.....this might interest you:

Breaking news..... SuperHeavy single 'Miracle Worker' now available for pre-order (US pre order to go live soon) [t.co]

Apologies for starting a new thread, but I thought some of you might not see it buried in the already existing tread(s).

How do you know you're not a fan? They haven't even released any music yet!

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: July 1, 2011 22:45

fiftyamp
Sometimes...you just know.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: July 1, 2011 23:03

stones78
fiftyamp
Sometimes...you just know.

True - but really everything MJ has done without the Stones has left me cold. That said, I did like the David Bowie/Mick Jagger duet on 'Dancin' In The Street'.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: July 1, 2011 23:32

Super Heavy? Ahhh the band that got some songs that won't
elevate one inch from the floor!

I pressed the button for the 3rd floor but the elevator didn't manage
to lift!

Enough said!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: July 1, 2011 23:42

How can you guys get so ahead of the release and already decide you don't like it?

I'm just really looking foward to hear what comes out of this experiment, and only then I'll decide if I'am a fan of SuperHeavy, but I'm already a fan of Mick.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: July 1, 2011 23:49

They want your money before you hear it...LOL

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 1, 2011 23:56

Well I like Joss and obviously, since I'm on this forum, Mick: so maybe this won't turn out so bad after all. I'm not so much into World Music though.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: July 2, 2011 00:04

ChefGuevara
How can you guys get so ahead of the release and already decide you don't like it?

I'm just really looking foward to hear what comes out of this experiment, and only then I'll decide if I'am a fan of SuperHeavy, but I'm already a fan of Mick.

To tell the truth: If Jagger thinks a crappy teaser with bad sudio quality is what we expect of of a "Super Heavy" band these days we always can go back to the "bootleg" records we have collected thru the years.
they're much better than the shit mr. Jagger puts up in front of us these days!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: July 2, 2011 03:13

Something tells me it's not just Mick with this one... Give it a rest, along with all the multi-threads, and WAIT until the LP comes out. IF you buy it and listen THEN talk. It's only $20 or so (who knows really; then again, if you have to have or get a phone for it, it's pointless anyway). Until then, stifle. Nobody knows anything based on 30 seconds or whatever.

Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: July 2, 2011 03:27

Who needs another Mick Jagger album...Super Heavy or not. But now everyone has to aggree, that the Stones ended in 2007 :-(

Posted by: mrD ()
Date: July 2, 2011 12:40

I for one am looking forward to this, when Mick is exploring en enjoy making new music. I definitely want to hear the result. and then say if I like or not.

Just he's not doing it with the stones we have to hate him? What do we expect for them to live in nelcotte for ever?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 2, 2011 18:55

Whether or not I dislike Dave Stewart, I will give it at least one listen (and maybe several) before I come to any conclusion on whether I like it or not.

I don't consider this a distraction to what the stones are doing (or not doing).

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 2, 2011 20:05

And don't criticize what you can't understand....................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-03 01:15 by 24FPS.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 2, 2011 20:19

ChefGuevara

Easy you just have to refuse anything that's not stamped "Glimmer Twins".
(sometimes I really think Mick's embarassed by his "fans" ).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-02 20:22 by dcba.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: July 2, 2011 22:15

dcba
ChefGuevara

Easy you just have to refuse anything that's not stamped "Glimmer Twins".
(sometimes I really think Mick's embarassed by his "fans" ).

Sometimes I really think Mick's fans are embarassed by him. I watched the SuperHeavy preview video on mickjagger.com and, although it's only 55 seconds, it seemed much longer cause I was cringing the whole time. There's a few seconds of "Miracle Worker". It sounds very polished (and bland). I'll give it all a chance, but I'm getting the feeling, as I did when I first heard the lineup, that the record may be something that makes me sweat and have heart palpitations. Where's the Mick Jagger of Wandering Spirit?

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: July 2, 2011 22:17

My heart says it will be crap.

But my head says it will be crap.

Date: July 2, 2011 23:58

I bet Jagger @ co are going to surprise us, and it will be a great album. I got to say: at least Jagger is doing the unexpected. I'm not sure what would be 'expected' by me, but the Super Heavy deal - I like it.
If anything - maybe it will make Keith release something.
Ronnie already surprised all of us in a good way. I gave that album a listen again the other day, and now I actually like the second half more.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 3, 2011 00:40

I'm sad to say I have no expectation for this album. But maybe I (and we) will be pleasantly suprised?

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: July 3, 2011 01:24

Pass. It is a reminder if whats not to come for the Stones.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: July 3, 2011 17:43

Well, technically, Super Heavy cannot have any fans just yet because they have yet to release their music. However, their individual members surely do have their fans.

Polished? Bland?
This reaction to the music does not surprise me because of how long the production of this project has already been going on. 2 years? 3 years?

And the whole thing was instigated by a phone company who originally wanted to launch one of their hardware devices with Super Heavy as one of their baits for customers to buy their device. So they clearly wanted the mass market appeal, the market research, the bell curve approach.

But if some product fits the bell curve of market research, if technically, everybody should like it, how is the music supposed to be extraordinary then?

After all these years of having been exposed to least-common-denominator music on the radio, I have gotten the impression that extraordinary music poses a challenge to the listener upon its release which later, gradually becomes easier to fathom. However, market researched "radio friendly" music does not pose a challenge to the listener upon release but after repeated listens, it becomes harder to bear.

So there are 2 different approaches to produce popular music: one leads to music with longeivity and one does not.

Only upon first or 2nd listen, I will decide if the Super Heavy album is for me or not.

Btw, of the recent Stones releases, neither the Exile reissue nor the Stones concert movie nor Live Licks were for me. But I got ABB and the Alfie soundtrack.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 3, 2011 19:40

The real question is whether this will affect songs for the next Rolling Stones album. They must come up with something different sounding or it will be pointless. Nobody on the planet needs to think, "Oh, that new one, it sounds like this old one." It will be very sad if Keith & Mick sit down and think, "Well, let's write some 'Stones' songs." The greatest strength of the band was its elasticity. Unfortunately that has greatly deteriorated since 1989. Any Winos album is going to be watered down Stones. Let's hope Mick & Keith get some inspiration from somewhere for gods sake. I can barely listen to anything the Stones have recorded since 1989. Live is a whole different ball game.

Date: July 4, 2011 06:25

If we are fans of the Stones, isn't there any way Jagger can be allowed to pursue his own vision? At age 68; after giving 45 years of his life to the Stones? Carrying that band for the last 10 years. Shouldn't he deserve something like "Great idea"; or at the very least "I don't get it but knock yourself out".

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 4, 2011 15:11

Palace Revolution 2000
If we are fans of the Stones, isn't there any way Jagger can be allowed to pursue his own vision? At age 68; after giving 45 years of his life to the Stones? Carrying that band for the last 10 years. Shouldn't he deserve something like "Great idea"; or at the very least "I don't get it but knock yourself out".

Nail. On. Head.

Why should he any artist be discouraged from following his own muse just because a few fans are unable to move on or are so set in their ways that they feel like he owes them something?

The guy has long ago earned the right to do what the hell he wants, creatively. Or even to do nothing at all.

Date: July 4, 2011 17:24

For me, it is too bad that generally the solo stuff hasn't been as good as it might have been, save Wandering Spirit.
Given the low level of RS output over the last 30 years, I would have been happy with more solo material, so am optimistic with what they may come up with on this new project.
My only criticism of MJ would be that he's tried overly hard to sound 'current' and that has led to some questionable material choices over the years...Half a Loaf, Let's Work, Turn the Girl Loose, most of Goddess in the Doorway, Charmed Life.
Not saying he should have sounded more, 'stones', just sounded more interesting.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 4, 2011 22:23

treaclefingers
For me, it is too bad that generally the solo stuff hasn't been as good as it might have been, save Wandering Spirit.
Given the low level of RS output over the last 30 years, I would have been happy with more solo material, so am optimistic with what they may come up with on this new project.
My only criticism of MJ would be that he's tried overly hard to sound 'current' and that has led to some questionable material choices over the years...Half a Loaf, Let's Work, Turn the Girl Loose, most of Goddess in the Doorway, Charmed Life.
Not saying he should have sounded more, 'stones', just sounded more interesting.

Yeah, I'm on that same fence. It's not about being narrow-minded to other types of music.....but some of us are just a bit wary of Jagger's seeming need to do something considered "modern", for modern's sake, rather than just go with some muse. If his is his muse, then it should be good stuff.... Im the first to praise Jagger's best solo work, and hope he succeeds with something that blows everybody away....I;ve been wanting that to happen since 1985.... But his track record with Stewart just makes me less enthusiastic because this is a Stewart opus, it seems.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 4, 2011 23:45

In fairness, while most of his solo ventures so far have been predictably orientated on the way you describe, to his credit this IS quite a departure in most ways.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 5, 2011 04:57

GravityBoy
My heart says it will be crap.

But my head says it will be crap.

This is pretty funny.

Date: July 5, 2011 05:27

Gazza
In fairness, while most of his solo ventures so far have been predictably orientated on the way you describe, to his credit this IS quite a departure in most ways.

Which leads me to be very optimistic, perhaps overly optimistic. I like the 'idea' of what they are doing, the players seem interesting, and I liked what little I did hear of the sample.

At least we'll have something to actually bash around this board, positive or negative, and probably both sides.

Only a few more days apparently, until the single is released!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 5, 2011 17:08

I can only say: Mick have fun. Charlie is already having fun, Ronnie seems to find his way again to. So who has no fun? or should we ask why is it so quiet all about Keith?
It doesn't mätter if I will like the single or other songs from the futur release. what matters most to me is that Mick does what he wants to do with his retirement money cool smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1575
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home