Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Savoy Brown
Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: September 23, 2015 13:53

Any fans here? is he good live?

Re: OT - Savoy Brown
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 23, 2015 14:17

I remember them as a Band with a very good singer. Blues-oriented Music.

2 1 2 0

Posted by: itsallovernow ()
Date: September 23, 2015 15:05

Koschi
Any fans here? is he good live?

Savoy Brown is not a person. Kim Simmonds was the guitar player for years and on my favorite SB album, Street Corner Talking. This is, IMO, the best SB album and the one a newbie should listen to first.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 23, 2015 16:02

If you like Foghat, it's natural to listen to Savoy Brown.
"Savoy Brown Boogie" on A Step Further is fun listening

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: September 23, 2015 16:18

Train to Nowhere- a great contemporary (well, in 1969) blues track........

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 23, 2015 16:31

Great band...very much underrated...lucky enough to catch one of their shows just before they disbanded.

Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: September 23, 2015 17:27

Kim Simmonds/Savoy Brown are still releasing albums - listened to their new one just last week.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: September 23, 2015 17:43

Kinda like McCartney and Wings, Savoy Brown in recent decades is Kim and anyone else hes hired on at the time- but the classic lineup is the one fronted by Chris Youlden with Lonesome Dave on guitar, a popular concert draw in the USA back in the day.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-23 17:43 by roryfaninva.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: September 23, 2015 20:27

"Tell Mama,", their version of "Wang Dang Doodle," and "Hellbound Train" received regular airplay on our local South Florida "underground" FM station back in the day. Your classic 2nd tier boogie band with a couple of gooduns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-24 05:41 by Wry Cooter.

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: September 24, 2015 01:07

Saw them too many years ago to count at Massey Hall in Toronto. One of the best concerts I've been to.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 24, 2015 02:22

tell mama and all the folks back home.....

good to hear kim simmonds is still around and playing i'll have to track down some of his new stuff.

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: September 28, 2015 17:28

roryfaninva
Kinda like McCartney and Wings, Savoy Brown in recent decades is Kim and anyone else hes hired on at the time- but the classic lineup is the one fronted by Chris Youlden with Lonesome Dave on guitar, a popular concert draw in the USA back in the day.....

Oh yeah! I remember buying Raw Sienna in '71 because I liked the cover (I was 14) and being completely weirded out but, at the same time, fascinated by Youlden's voice. As a kid raised on Top 40 AM radio, Savoy Brown was a trip. Sienna and Blue Matter are two of my all-time favorite albums. It was only after Youlden left that the band started to become the "boogie band" that most people remember, but they used to be so much more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home