Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Glyn Johns intervier in Goldmine, short, some Stones talk
Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: August 7, 2015 20:03

Re: Glyn Johns intervier in Goldmine, short, some Stones talk
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 7, 2015 20:25

there's great content in here on the beatles, anyone who is a fan should take a look.

here is a blurb on brian, i believe there was a debate a week or 2 ago about whether brian was a leader of the band and for how long, someone said it ended when they started playing chuck berry, which was clearly not the case...

JOHNS: On the very first session that the Stones ever did with me, Brian was definitely the leader of the band. He put the band together with Stu (Ian Stewart); we need to get that straight. Once Mick and Keith started to write songs, Brian’s role as the leader disappeared fairly swiftly. He was a fine musician and he could get a tune out of any instrument that you threw at him without any question (laughs). He was an extremely accomplished musician and certainly in the initial sound of the Rolling Stones, he was equally responsible as any member of the band if not more so. The last period of his life, the last few months that Brian was in the band, he became completely not physically capable of holding a chord down, so he was contributing very little.

- See more at: [www.goldminemag.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 7, 2015 20:34

Great article thanks timmy! I always thought Mr. Johns was more of an engineer than he ever was a producer but he sure worked with some good ones.

Strange that Jagger and Lennon didn't "get" Zeppelins 1st record. Seems a no-brainer to me.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 7, 2015 21:27

Naturalust
Great article thanks timmy! I always thought Mr. Johns was more of an engineer than he ever was a producer but he sure worked with some good ones.

Strange that Jagger and Lennon didn't "get" Zeppelins 1st record. Seems a no-brainer to me.

you crack me up Naturalist. it was Jagger and Harrison who didn't get Led Zeppelin. LOL.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 7, 2015 21:43

Sounds like someone needs to read Glyn Johns most excellent book ! All about his producing explained in there ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 7, 2015 22:01

Nice read thanks for posting.......
After reading the The Who part....the name Pete Townshend & The Who would have made more sense

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-08 00:20 by NICOS.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 7, 2015 22:47

Turner68
Naturalust

you crack me up Naturalist. it was Jagger and Harrison who didn't get Led Zeppelin. LOL.

Oops I knew it was one of those fab guys. I guess I was reading more into the context of them performing in Rock and Roll Circus and had Lennon on the brain.

Posted by: riffcliche69 ()
Date: August 13, 2015 12:13

It's interesting that Ringo took Glynn Johns up on the roof of Apple to inspect it as a possible venue for a live performance. I wonder when this occurred. On 23 January 69 George Harrison said "(We'll get) shit on by a load of soot in the vents, which they (Apple?) put in there. It (performing on the roof) is debatable. 'Cause it would be indescribable (sic)on the album." Source: "Day By Day" Vol. 22, disc B, track 1, a little before 8:08

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 22, 2015 05:17

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 22, 2015 11:01

Thx Cris for the Tapeop link! thumbs up

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 22, 2015 20:56

Thanks indeed Cristiano love to read Glyn's story's

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1475
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home