Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Do you think Keith or Mick ever looks at the other and thinks ...
Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 14, 2015 23:25

... "Damn, what I would give to trade places with that guy!!"?

(P.S. This is a variation on an earlier thread; thanks to LongBeachArena72 for the inspiration!)

Drew

Re: Do you think Keith or Mick ever looks at the other and thinks ...
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 14, 2015 23:38

No. I think they are both happy with who they are and how lucky they are.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 15, 2015 00:46

In the past I read somewhere that Mick was jealous of Keith and wanted to be more like him, because Keith is always complete himself and Mick isn't and is always thinking about how other people think of him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-15 01:09 by GJV.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 15, 2015 01:39

They may envy or admire each other in the way they each garner love and respect on different levels from people
Maybe Mick would love some of that cool, elegantly wasted, pirate, outlaw, hero image Keith has
Maybe Keith would love some of that that sharp, capable, in control, positive, strong, disciplined, dynamic, raunchy, rock idol, image Mick has

I guess we will never know, its not like they are going to admit it to anyone lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-15 03:02 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 15, 2015 01:51

isn't obvious that they both wish they could trade places with charlie????

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 15, 2015 01:56

Yeah Keef would love ta blow harp like Micko ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 15, 2015 02:03

Where is TonyMo when you need him to post some sarcastic pictures of Keith and Mick coveting each other. If you truly believe Mick and Keith aren't happy and content to be who they are, you probably haven't been paying attention, imo.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 15, 2015 02:50

Once again, I am relieved that this thread is not about s e x. But seriously dudes, stop scaring me!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 15, 2015 10:46

We can rev it up a notch if you really want ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: September 15, 2015 11:07

I'm sure Keith dreamed many times that he would be happy if he could cut Mick's mike and also his head off !

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 15, 2015 11:16

GJV
In the past I read somewhere that Mick was jealous of Keith and wanted to be more like him

I doubt this is true. Mick must resent Keef's "me worry?" general attitude and overall laziness, and the fact that the axeman never changed : Keef still thinks the drugs the outlaw image and the aura of violence around him are still cool. Well the world has changed.

I think Keef is jealous of Mick's social skills, had working ethics and ability to have his finger on the "pulse" of the world.

If the Stones were the Apple corp Mick would be Steve Jobs (driving creative force), Keef would be Jon Ives (makes things look attractive). grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-15 11:18 by dcba.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 15, 2015 11:56

Naturalust
Where is TonyMo when you need him ...

Best I can do

1994 - don't know where or who took it, sorry! (courtesy of miss jayme)

Date: September 15, 2015 11:59

Actually that's not the best I can do, but it's the best I'm going to do.
Enjoy, STG!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 15, 2015 12:49

Rockman
We can rev it up a notch if you really want ....

Marianne already did that in her book. 1967 - the other side of a bedroom wall....

Date: September 15, 2015 12:53

dcba
GJV
In the past I read somewhere that Mick was jealous of Keith and wanted to be more like him

I doubt this is true. Mick must resent Keef's "me worry?" general attitude and overall laziness, and the fact that the axeman never changed : Keef still thinks the drugs the outlaw image and the aura of violence around him are still cool. Well the world has changed.

I think Keef is jealous of Mick's social skills, had working ethics and ability to have his finger on the "pulse" of the world.

If the Stones were the Apple corp Mick would be Steve Jobs (driving creative force), Keef would be Jon Ives (makes things look attractive). grinning smiley

Lol.
Good job i was not eating me cornflakes when i read this post
Keith jealous of Mick's social skills ??, don't make me laugh, Keith has the world at his feet.
From dinning with Bill Clinton, to Boris Johnson queuing up at an award ceremony to talk to Keith
I mean the man can even smoke all the way through a BBC interview with Andrew Marr Sunday morning at peak viewing
He is admired by all, from politicians to junkies on the streets
You really think Keith is envious of Mick's social Skills ?
Keith has his pulse on the world aright, he is very well read, highly intelligent man. IMHO winking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 15, 2015 13:23

Keef's constant jabbing at Mick can be summed up by one word : envy.
Did it ever occur to you Keef's macho poses could hide insecurity and shyness?

You buy the "Keef has superpowers, man!" BS? Good for you!

Date: September 15, 2015 13:32

Well ... Keith is not "constantly jabbing" at Mick. He does it from time to time and then he gets quoted all over.
And pointing out the fact that Keith is intelligent and well-read isn't claiming he has "superpowers" -
but of course, being intelligent and well-read doesn't have anything to do with social skills.

Mick says in one of the Four Flicks documentaries that Keith is naturally a very inward sort of person
who sometimes has to struggle to bring out what it is he wants to say; but also that over the decades
Keith has gotten better at being more gregarious. I'm sure that especially in the early-to-mid '60s
Keith was very glad to have Mick serving as his "interface" with the rest of the world,
but that doesn't mean he was or is envious.

- 1964 by Leslie Bryce (courtesy of schillid)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-15 13:38 by with sssoul.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 15, 2015 13:40

with sssoul
Actually that's not the best I can do, but it's the best I'm going to do.
Enjoy, STG!

Love it - thank yew with sssoul!

Date: September 15, 2015 14:11

dcba
Keef's constant jabbing at Mick can be summed up by one word : envy.
Did it ever occur to you Keef's macho poses could hide insecurity and shyness?

You buy the "Keef has superpowers, man!" BS? Good for you!

I could not agree more with you on that point
I have said on here many times, these famous celebrities are very insecure, most driven people are, just as most funny comedians are sad people at heart

I was not attacking you lol, i was defending Keith, as i often do on here

Yes Keith is insecure and very shy underneath the tough guy image
I also believe Mick is insecure but obviously not shy lol

Date: September 15, 2015 14:23

with sssoul
Well ... Keith is not "constantly jabbing" at Mick. He does it from time to time and then he gets quoted all over.
And pointing out the fact that Keith is intelligent and well-read isn't claiming he has "superpowers" -
but of course, being intelligent and well-read doesn't have anything to do with social skills.

Mick says in one of the Four Flicks documentaries that Keith is naturally a very inward sort of person
who sometimes has to struggle to bring out what it is he wants to say; but also that over the decades
Keith has gotten better at being more gregarious. I'm sure that especially in the early-to-mid '60s
Keith was very glad to have Mick serving as his "interface" with the rest of the world,
but that doesn't mean he was or is envious.

- 1964 by Leslie Bryce (courtesy of schillid)

No i mentioned Keith is intelligent and well read because dcba said that Keith does not have his pulse on the world like Mick does

While we are on the subject of Keith jabbing at Mick i agree with you ssoul, Keith only does it from time to time.
But what no one mentions is the fact that Keith constantly praises Mick as a singer and as a performer, he also mentions that he loves Mick on many accasions.
But when can anyone remember Mick praising Keith on any level
This is my point , i think the envy and resentment comes from Mick

Date: September 15, 2015 14:42

keefriffhards

Sure! Here are a few, all from [www.timeisonourside.com]

"Keith always had a lot of talent for melody from the beginning. Everything (in the beginning),
including the riffs, came from Keith."
- Mick Jagger, 1979

"Keith sings so pretty on that."
- Mick Jagger, 1994

"He's incredibly loyal. That's endearing."
- Mick Jagger, 2003

- 1978 by Leslie D Kippel (courtesy of browneyedgirll)

Date: September 15, 2015 14:52

wow that's a lot

Ok put it this way then

Keith praises Mick far more often than Mick praises Keith

I'm sure in private Mick is probably very supportive of Keith, but not publicly

I remember an instance after the American Super Bowl in 05' when they came off stage Mick congratulated Keith on his playing and patted his shoulder i think, and it was not for the cameras, so yeah Mick has him moments i guess

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 16, 2015 00:12

I think Keith is probably envious of Mick'a physical fitness...who wouldn't be? It would be natural to look at a physical freak like Mick and wish you could look, move and feel that great at 72.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 16, 2015 01:37

I think it might be Keith that's jealous of Mick because if he were OK with himself, he would NEVER have made a few of those nasty comments in his bio LIFE. A man like Mick would never rise to such petty remarks or retaliate in a childish way because he is not jealous of Keith. What's to be envious of? Mick is still a sex symbol, can have anything he wants and best of all, Mick knows how to take care of himself. Nuf said.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 16, 2015 03:06

we have no idea what one of them really feels about the other, they are both masters of obscuring that which is private and important to themselves.

we won't ever know either unless one of their spouses or children writes a book and even that will be just a fragment.

Date: September 16, 2015 10:51

mickschix
I think it might be Keith that's jealous of Mick because if he were OK with himself, he would NEVER have made a few of those nasty comments in his bio LIFE. A man like Mick would never rise to such petty remarks or retaliate in a childish way because he is not jealous of Keith. What's to be envious of? Mick is still a sex symbol, can have anything he wants and best of all, Mick knows how to take care of himself. Nuf said.

I have a feeling that Keith had a lot more dirt that he could of dished on Mick but didn't in Life
I think Mick got off lightly, Keith has said this many times
Mick has been a naughty boy in the past IMHO winking smiley

Date: September 16, 2015 10:57

keefriff99
I think Keith is probably envious of Mick'a physical fitness...who wouldn't be? It would be natural to look at a physical freak like Mick and wish you could look, move and feel that great at 72.

I actually think Keith plays down his fitness, as does Ronnie
They are all incredibly fit for their ages
It would not surprise me to find out that Keith and Ronnie probably walk, swim, and gym a lot more than they let on
Keith has enviable fitness for a 50 year old let alone a 71 year old

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-16 12:38 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: September 16, 2015 14:19

Keith is throwing knives to keep him fit and in shapesmiling smiley

Of course they are jealous on each other, Mick desperately wants to be a genuine musician like Keith not just a singer and Keith wishes he could sing.smiling smiley

And who would not be jealous on a guy who is married to Patti Hansensmiling bouncing smiley

Both Mick & Keith are jealous on Charlie because he´s the only one in the band who makes millions just sitting on his butt.smiling bouncing smiley

I guess both have a lot of naughty stories that will never see the light of day. But I dont want to know these stories anyway...

Date: September 16, 2015 15:00

with sssoul
keefriffhards

Sure! Here are a few, all from [www.timeisonourside.com]

"Keith always had a lot of talent for melody from the beginning. Everything (in the beginning),
including the riffs, came from Keith."
- Mick Jagger, 1979

"Keith sings so pretty on that."
- Mick Jagger, 1994

"He's incredibly loyal. That's endearing."
- Mick Jagger, 2003

- 1978 by Leslie D Kippel (courtesy of browneyedgirll)

That's my favourite photo of the Glimmers! thumbs up

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 16, 2015 15:14

keefriffhards
keefriff99

I actually think Keith plays down his fitness, as does Ronnie
They are all incredibly fit for their ages
It would not surprise me to find out that Keith and Ronnie probably walk, swim, and gym a lot more than they let on
Keith has enviable fitness for a 50 year old let alone a 71 year old
I think Ronnie works out...his arms are very ripped and lean...but Keith? I seriously doubt it.

One thing I have noticed is that Keith has always been REMARKABLY limber. The way he could drop down into almost a split even 15-20 years ago always amazed. He's got natural flexibility but maybe he does do some basic yoga or something. I've seen a photo of him sitting in a lotus position casually backstage.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home