Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Bands That Shouldn't Reunite
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:17

Consider this a cyber-SLAP to any who said Floyd shouldn't reform!!!
Here's Waters with Gilmour as guest. Those 2 plus Mick Mason - that's Pink Floyd enough for me.
SHAME on you all!

[thepowergoats.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 02:18 by jamesfdouglas.

Posted by: BrianJones1969 ()
Date: April 16, 2012 01:27

ineedadrink
BrianJones1969
Bands that shouldn't reunite:
The Who - down to two members
The Beatles - down to two members
should be "bands that CAN'T reunite". how can you reunite a band that doesn't exist?

also, kudos to Abba for not taking the money and reuniting under false pretenses. they get such a bad rap. even the mere mention of Abba makes some people cringe, which is unfortunate because they had some good songs. catchy, very danceable. much respect to Abba for sticking to their guns.
It should be known that both these bands I mentioned lost half their important members?

The Beatles lost John Lennon to an assassination on Dec. 8, 1980, while George Harrison died of terminal cancer on Nov. 29, 2001.

The Who lost Keith Moon on Sept. 7, 1978 and John Entwistle on June 27, 2002. Presumably both these deaths were the result of drug addictions (Moon from Heminevrin and Entwistle from cocaine).

~Ben

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 16, 2012 01:39

Led Zeppelin
STYX
Little River Band
Foreigner
Journey
Tull
Aerosmith

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 16, 2012 02:21

The Clash. Absolutely loved them and saw them in the London Calling thru Combat Rock era and were great. Saw them again after Mick Jones left and it didn't feel right, but Strummer still was great...it was appropriately, the Cut The Crap tour

They could make some serious money. but it would be a sham. I applaud them for resisting.

One band I wish would re-form and `tour is Talking Heads.

Date: April 16, 2012 02:29

buffalo7478
The Clash. Absolutely loved them and saw them in the London Calling thru Combat Rock era and were great. Saw them again after Mick Jones left and it didn't feel right, but Strummer still was great...it was appropriately, the Cut The Crap tour

They could make some serious money. but it would be a sham. I applaud them for resisting.

Yeah, Talking Heads was very good.

There was a time, however brief, it seemed The Clash and Talking Heads would just continue exploding creatively and commercially and slot someplace with the very long distance runners. But then..... no more band!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 16, 2012 07:44

SweetThing
buffalo7478

There was a time, however brief, it seemed The Clash and Talking Heads would just continue exploding creatively and commercially and slot someplace with the very long distance runners. But then..... no more band!

A pity U2 and what they've morphed into appear to be the lone 80s survivors (other than Madonna, but that is worse still).

Date: April 16, 2012 08:40

treaclefingers
SweetThing
buffalo7478

A pity U2 and what they've morphed into appear to be the lone 80s survivors (other than Madonna, but that is worse still).

Its interesting even them, U2, and Prince, Springsteen, Madonna, Clash, Talking Heads..all really started in the 70s. I refuse to give the 80s credit... smiling smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 16, 2012 10:43

GravityBoy

This band.

To be fair, they were not given a fair hearing first time around.

Well, I'm a big fan of Adge Cutler's solo work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-16 10:44 by 71Tele.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 16, 2012 15:15

How could the Clash possibly reunite without Joe Strummer? I guess back when he and Mick Jones were at odds, they toured as the Clash separately, but the Clash without Strummer is just the Cla. They'd have to just tour as the Cla. Big Audio Dynamite, otoh, I'd love to have another album from.

Date: April 16, 2012 16:32

SweetThing
treaclefingers
SweetThing
buffalo7478

Its interesting even them, U2, and Prince, Springsteen, Madonna, Clash, Talking Heads..all really started in the 70s. I refuse to give the 80s credit... smiling smiley

Well on that basis, THe Beatles and Rolling Stones were really 50's bands.

Date: April 16, 2012 16:33

Tate
How could the Clash possibly reunite without Joe Strummer? I guess back when he and Mick Jones were at odds, they toured as the Clash separately, but the Clash without Strummer is just the Cla. They'd have to just tour as the Cla. Big Audio Dynamite, otoh, I'd love to have another album from.

I disagree...I don't think they'd be the Cla.

I think...Shhhh....

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: April 16, 2012 18:24

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 16, 2012 19:33

The Beatles

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2195
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home