Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
'Plundered My Soul'
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: August 19, 2015 01:21

I hear Keith singing in the background. Do you hear Keith singing?
Obviously I can hear where Lisa Fisher/female was brought in.
I don't believe it's Mick Taylor singing back-up! Too high, too young.
I swear it's Keith. Audio people, what say you?
I really wonder if Mick Jagger found this song in it's original state,
with, ready?
Keith singing the whole thing solo by himself and MJ sang over it 2010.

Re: 'Plundered My Soul'
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 01:23

35love
I hear Keith singing in the background. Do you hear Keith singing?
Obviously I can hear where Lisa Fisher/female was brought in.
I don't believe it's Mick Taylor singing back-up! Too high, too young.
I swear it's Keith. Audio people, what say you?
I really wonder if Mick Jagger found this song in it's original state,
with, ready?
Keith singing the whole thing solo by himself and MJ sang over it 2010.

mick has a voice he uses that mimics keith singing backing vocals.
the first time i heard his solo song "throwaway" i thought "wait, why is keith singing on an MJ solo record?" pretty pathetic track.
but it's a pretty uncanny keith imitation he does.
i think this might be what you are hearing on PMS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-19 01:26 by Turner68.

Date: August 19, 2015 01:39

Well that's a dirty trick. Guess what I proposed was 'worse'.

Thanks Turner68.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 02:40

Yup it is Mick. I really do love Plundered My Soul. A beautiful track and so heart warming to have Mick Taylor play as a stone. Yet, also I find it sad and a bit frustrating. Keith doesn't seem to have any involvement at all with the track. He didn't even seem to know about it being done! So yeah, that is not Keith singing with Mick. Sad but true that Mick had to imitate his friend's voice for the sake of sounding classic Stones.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 03:17

whitem8
Yup it is Mick. I really do love Plundered My Soul. A beautiful track and so heart warming to have Mick Taylor play as a stone. Yet, also I find it sad and a bit frustrating. Keith doesn't seem to have any involvement at all with the track. He didn't even seem to know about it being done! So yeah, that is not Keith singing with Mick. Sad but true that Mick had to imitate his friend's voice for the sake of sounding classic Stones.

Selfishly, I want to hear more new Stones...just because.
But honestly, I don't think they will top this. This was the first time in decades that the Stones/and Mick have sounded like it mattered.
In a perfect world, this song would have been a hit, and it would have been their swan song.
It's a beautiful lament to loss and regret, grownup stuff.

Date: August 19, 2015 03:19

stupidguy2
whitem8

But honestly, I don't think they will top this. This was the first time in decades that the Stones/and Mick have sounded like it mattered.
In a perfect world, this song would have been a hit, and it would have been their swan song.

you have keith's solo album to look forward too... ! early reviews are very positive.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: August 19, 2015 04:30

I don't remember "Plundered" being on any Exile outtake bootlegs (like some of the others on the bonus disk). Am I wrong? Also....do we know if these are lyrics from Exile sessions or rewritten for Deluxe. I seem to remember a story that Mick's girlfriend L'wren worried that these lyrics were about their relationship....which obviously makes me think the lyrics are newer. ??

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 19, 2015 04:35

sweet neo con
I don't remember "Plundered" being on any Exile outtake bootlegs (like some of the others on the bonus disk). Am I wrong? Also....do we know if these are lyrics from Exile sessions or rewritten for Deluxe. I seem to remember a story that Mick's girlfriend L'wren worried that these lyrics were about their relationship....which obviously makes me think the lyrics are newer. ??

Following the River is the one that L'Wren first believed was about her. I think the story is that she broke down in tears in the studio, listening to Mick record it.

Date: August 19, 2015 04:39

latebloomer
sweet neo con

Following the River is the one that L'Wren first believed was about her. I think the story is that she broke down in tears in the studio, listening to Mick record it.

thanks.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 19, 2015 04:41

you're welcome. smiling smiley

Date: August 19, 2015 04:43

sweet neo con
latebloomer
sweet neo con

thanks.

following the river is a godawful song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-19 04:48 by Turner68.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 19, 2015 04:44

stupidguy2
whitem8

gorgeous song...should have been a hit. maybe in an earlier era

Date: August 19, 2015 04:47

treaclefingers
stupidguy2
whitem8

PMS?.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-19 04:47 by Turner68.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 19, 2015 04:53

sweet neo con

You're right, it wasn't.

"(I)t was one of Mick's songs. It was among the outtakes that had to be finished. Actually, some of them were finished. But this particular song didn't have a vocal on it and it didn't have any lead guitar. It just had Keith Richards, Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts playing on it. So he asked me to step into the studio one afternoon, and I did some guitar in about three or four passes. I thought it turned out well."

- Mick Taylor, 2012

[www.timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 05:35

Exactly as MT described. A basic track that was manipulated in Pro Tools. New lyrics. MT overdubbed at Jagger's invitation without Keith's knowledge.

Date: August 19, 2015 05:35

Quote from GQ magazine interview Jagger:
' Some of them were really together—maybe the one you've heard, it was called "Plundered my Soul," that was perfect, you didn't have to edit, it was all perfect.'

I tried to go back to IORR search 5 yrs. to see if any definitive answers on who wrote the lyrics, waded thru many posts, what a headache :-/.

All we have are the listed official credits, these 2 quotes from MJ and MT. Also in the GQ interview Mick contradicts himself a bit saying 'none' of the old tracks had vocals.

At any rate, I do love this tune, it was special to hear a new slice of Exile, but have to admit the feel of cover-up somehow, I don't know, agree a bit sad.
Old news being re-hashed I guess.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 05:49

Cristiano Radtke
sweet neo con

You're right, it wasn't.

"(I)t was one of Mick's songs. It was among the outtakes that had to be finished. Actually, some of them were finished. But this particular song didn't have a vocal on it and it didn't have any lead guitar. It just had Keith Richards, Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts playing on it. So he asked me to step into the studio one afternoon, and I did some guitar in about three or four passes. I thought it turned out well."

- Mick Taylor, 2012

[www.timeisonourside.com]

keith, bill, charlie... and nicky

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 19, 2015 07:03

Turner68
treaclefingers
stupidguy2
whitem8

PMS?.

No, I'm a guy...I guess I'm just a bit off today.

OH, you mean Plunder My Soul?! Yes, isn't that what we're talking about?

Date: August 19, 2015 07:20

treaclefingers
Turner68
treaclefingers
stupidguy2
whitem8

PMS?.

No, I'm a guy...I guess I'm just a bit off today.

OH, you mean Plunder My Soul?! Yes, isn't that what we're talking about?

behind every good poster is a good straight man...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-19 07:21 by Turner68.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 19, 2015 08:00

Keith, Bill & Charlie. A nice place to start.

Date: August 19, 2015 14:20

Turner68
sweet neo con
latebloomer
sweet neo con

thanks.

give it another chance...with the video. [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 19, 2015 14:35

Love this song. Would put it up there at the level of most anything released in the 70s. Wish they would pull this out as a set list rarity. That would destroy me.winking smiley

Date: August 19, 2015 14:36

'behind every good poster is a good straight man...
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-19 05:21 by Turner68.'

Are you trying to provoke the ladies?
They should release the outtake of the outtake to clear this up. Ha!

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 19, 2015 14:53

Plundered My Soul, very much like Following The River, is a bad song, which would have better stayed in the can. Mick sounds awful when imitating his own early 70s voice. The entire Exile-Bonus-CD is good for nothing, imo.

Date: August 19, 2015 18:24

sweet neo con
Turner68
sweet neo con
latebloomer
sweet neo con

thanks.

give it another chance...with the video. [www.youtube.com]

I'd did before I posted the first time actually.

Date: August 19, 2015 18:28

The well was obviously dry after Exile. Except for the beautiful Loving Cup outtake patchwork, I don't really think any of the other tracks were up to par.

Title 5 was cool, though, but that one goes back to TSMR!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 19, 2015 18:32

Turner68
sweet neo con
latebloomer
sweet neo con

thanks.

Better yet, it's... awful bad.

Date: August 19, 2015 18:34

TeddyB1018
Exactly as MT described. A basic track that was manipulated in Pro Tools. New lyrics. MT overdubbed at Jagger's invitation without Keith's knowledge.

I bet there's been a lot of overdubbing of things without Keith's knowledge. And Mick's, from my understanding.

Clearly it was uploaded to Pro Tools. Sounds like whatever editing was needed was done before the overdubbing. If there was any editing.

Date: August 19, 2015 18:36

HMS
Plundered My Soul, very much like Following The River, is a bad song, which would have better stayed in the can. Mick sounds awful when imitating his own early 70s voice. The entire Exile-Bonus-CD is good for nothing, imo.

Here go the effects of your concussions again, making you say silly things like Plundered My Soul "is a bad song".

I'm Not Signifying is the best thing to be released by the Stones since EOMS.

Date: August 19, 2015 18:37

GasLightStreet
TeddyB1018

I bet there's been a lot of overdubbing of things without Keith's knowledge. And Mick's, from my understanding.

Clearly it was uploaded to Pro Tools. Sounds like whatever editing was needed was done before the overdubbing. If there was any editing.

I think it's possible Keith kind of checked out of the stones mentally 8 or 9 years ago
As being anything more than a touring band

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1193
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home