Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: If Super Heavy do tour what kind of venues will they play ??
Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: June 28, 2011 05:00

Clubs. Big ones, but still just clubs. Jagger on his own fills Webster Hall, nothing more. Dave Stewart is hardly a draw, and the others are unknown.

Tommy

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 28, 2011 05:57

I don't know about selling out Little Rock, or Jacksonville, but this group could easily sell out mid-size venues (like the Greek in L.A., or the Gibson Amphitheatre). Keith did, and who would have thought anyone wanted to see Keith Richards without the Stones? A.R. Rahman alone is playing the Hollywood Bowl this summer to a sell out crowd of 20,000. This would probably be a limited tour anyway. And really, they wouldn't be a smash in London? One of the biggest Indian populations in the Western World? We haven't even heard one note of music yet, at least I haven't, and we're already assuming it's a flop. What if it isn't? Will you be happy for Jagger?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-28 06:04 by 24FPS.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 28, 2011 12:56

They won't tour, but if they were to perform a promotional show or two, we'd be looking at theatre-sized venues. Joss Stone's popularity has been on the wane for a while - at least here in the UK, anyway - and Dave Stewart means little-to-nothing to the general public when he's without Annie Lennox. Damien Marley is just Bob Marley's son, right? He may get recognition in Jamaica, but few here can name many (if any - I certainly can't!) of his recordings. The Super Heavy release may turn out to be a wonderful surprise, but how many will hear it, I really wouldn't like to guess.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 28, 2011 18:56

A huge hit for Damian Marley, at least here in the States.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1555
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home