Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
If Super Heavy do tour what kind of venues will they play ??
Posted by: PhilipRBowl ()
Date: June 25, 2011 04:32

I know i'm jumping the gun wayyyyyyyyyy early
but its friday night and i'm bored (LOL)

What kind of venues at least state side do you see this
band playing??

MSG,Staples Center types or maybe Beacon Theatre or Tower Theatre types?

Re: If Super Heavy do tour what kind of venues will they play ??
Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: June 25, 2011 04:42

They would probably play in your backyard for $6.5M.

Posted by: PhilipRBowl ()
Date: June 25, 2011 04:46

well i just applied for a Visa goldcard !!!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 25, 2011 04:48

How about a handful of large clubs, opening for the Winos, before getting to serious business with one last Stones tour?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 25, 2011 04:58

PhilipRBowl
I know i'm jumping the gun wayyyyyyyyyy early
but its friday night and i'm bored (LOL)

What kind of venues at least state side do you see this
band playing??

MSG,Staples Center types or maybe Beacon Theatre or Tower Theatre types?

None.

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: June 25, 2011 08:00

The ones with resistant and stable stages, I hope

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 25, 2011 18:48

hopefully none

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: June 25, 2011 18:48

Who cares.

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: June 25, 2011 19:41

Let's hope that never happens Mick needs to give up this sill little thing and get back to working with the Stones so we can have a tour next year if the Stones don't do a 50th anniversary tour it will be sad especially if something as dumb as Mick starting a new band is what prevents it Mick please use common sense people what to see you with the Stones not with some new band.

Posted by: MRJIMMMY ()
Date: June 25, 2011 20:41

stadium shows !! in the stadium bars. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 25, 2011 22:01

uhbuhgullayew
Can we all gather this sum !!!.

Date: June 25, 2011 22:39

phd
uhbuhgullayew
Can we all gather this sum !!!.

Sure, if your backyard can hold about 60,000. smoking smiley

Date: June 26, 2011 00:50

60k? dont think so

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: June 26, 2011 00:57

Rickster
Let's hope that never happens Mick needs to give up this sill little thing and get back to working with the Stones so we can have a tour next year if the Stones don't do a 50th anniversary tour it will be sad especially if something as dumb as Mick starting a new band is what prevents it Mick please use common sense people what to see you with the Stones not with some new band.

Rickster..I agree this new group is nonsense what is he getting out of it. Did Keith's comments about him in the new book bring this about? It leans that way. Hopefully it is a side project and a tour goodbye is in the works for next year.

Date: June 26, 2011 02:07

melillo
60k? dont think so

I'm sorry. I meant 65,000 assuming everyone put up $100. grinning smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 26, 2011 02:14

They should do supermarkets. Why not Wal-Marts? Let Wal-Mart sponsor them and play every Wal-Mart int the U.S. They can follow it up in Europe playing at Dressman stores.

Date: June 26, 2011 02:57

Edith Grove
melillo
60k? dont think so

I'm sorry. I meant 65,000 assuming everyone put up $100. grinning smiley

now thats more like it !!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 26, 2011 10:02

Lets pray they do not. I dont think Mick gives a rats ass about the Stones right now. He needs to get with KR and RW and write Stones material, make a record and do a Farewell Tour. If they try to jam an album and tour together at the last minute,it wont be a good product.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 26, 2011 10:11

If they'd tour, which I doubt,I'd do once I think. A small club would be nice eg. AB in Brussels, cap about 2000.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: June 27, 2011 14:49

I could imagine them at The Southbank, London

Date: June 27, 2011 15:04

They wont tour. Seriously, there's no audience for such a diverse collection of artists. Its a side project for all of them. The CD will probably do reasonably well because there's every indication that it'll be marketed properly - but expecting people to buy tickets in their thousands to watch it being performed? Cant see it.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 27, 2011 15:36

They might do a one time show like Jagger did with the release of Goddess.

Date: June 27, 2011 15:53

That might be about the extent of it, Shawn. A handful of promotional TV performances.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 27, 2011 23:15

It is likely that SuperHeavy will tour in 2012, since at this time, none of the SuperHeavy group members has solo tour dates announced for 2012. As previously reported, Jagger has signed with Creative Artists Agency (CAA) for his solo and film projects. By signing to an agency to book him for live appearances as a solo artist, it appears that Jagger has plans to do live performances without the Rolling Stones in the coming months.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Mick Jagger's SuperHeavy band unveils first official group photo - National Rolling Stones | Examiner.com [www.examiner.com]

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 28, 2011 00:09

A tour based on the contents of a single project would be difficult. Cannot see it happening.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 28, 2011 00:22

Cathedrals might be good......I heard the organ at Hereford Cathedral being given a workout the other week, it was one of the loudest, purest musical sounds I've ever heard. It was so loud and yet not one single nerve in my body jangled or jarred. Must be just perfect acoustics. It did make me wonder how a rock type outfit would come across in somewhere like that...................

Date: June 28, 2011 00:33

proudmary
It is likely that SuperHeavy will tour in 2012, since at this time, none of the SuperHeavy group members has solo tour dates announced for 2012.

Hardly surprising as its only June 2011, and none of them with the exception of Jagger has an alternative musical career which would necessitate booking venues far in advance....

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 28, 2011 00:34

All the artists involved have a following. I can see them playing the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. I see them playing larger cities. They could pull off a couple nights in MSG, and could definitely do the O2 in London. Damian Marley and A.R. Rahman are going to pull in a big audience. This could easily be bigger than a Mick Jagger solo tour. I can see them opening Saturday Night Live in the fall. This is new and different, and hopefully A.R. Rahman and Marley will give them an international sound. If you want to look at this in a positive way, it might jazz Mick up when he rejoins Keith, and they'll have some new Stones songs, instead of another round of lukewarm Chuck Berry throwaways.

Date: June 28, 2011 01:10

Jagger has a 'following' when hes playing with the Stones. There isnt much public or media excitement if he's doing a solo record or tour. Stewart might be well respected as a musician and producer, but again, outside of the band he's best known for, he's not a major draw in the commercial sense. Marley & Rahman may be a big splash in their own countries, but less so in the traditional western markets that we're talking about. Is Joss Stone's audience going to flock in their droves to see her have a minor role in a band like this? I doubt it.

Its an interesting 'fusion' of talents (and I actually think it might turn out pretty good) but if Stones boards are any indication, the demand for any of these acts working with other artists from outside their 'genre' is somewhat limited commercially. Concert audiences pay to hear these acts making music that they're familiar with - not to hear a project of new songs with other people that they care or know little about. Jagger has enough trouble as it is convincing his own audience to hear new STONES songs, for goodness sake. Its pretty optimistic to think something like this - where each act doesnt even have a common 'audience' with any of the others - is going to be filling 20,000 seater arenas anywhere, let alone multiple nights.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-28 01:11 by Gazza.

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: June 28, 2011 04:50

Gazza
Jagger has a 'following' when hes playing with the Stones. There isnt much public or media excitement if he's doing a solo record or tour. Stewart might be well respected as a musician and producer, but again, outside of the band he's best known for, he's not a major draw in the commercial sense. Marley & Rahman may be a big splash in their own countries, but less so in the traditional western markets that we're talking about. Is Joss Stone's audience going to flock in their droves to see her have a minor role in a band like this? I doubt it.

Its an interesting 'fusion' of talents (and I actually think it might turn out pretty good) but if Stones boards are any indication, the demand for any of these acts working with other artists from outside their 'genre' is somewhat limited commercially. Concert audiences pay to hear these acts making music that they're familiar with - not to hear a project of new songs with other people that they care or know little about. Jagger has enough trouble as it is convincing his own audience to hear new STONES songs, for goodness sake. Its pretty optimistic to think something like this - where each act doesnt even have a common 'audience' with any of the others - is going to be filling 20,000 seater arenas anywhere, let alone multiple nights

And, publishing in September, they have already lost the “summer train”.
Summer rock festivals could have been a very good showcase to publicize their music; some festivals are very heterogeneous (for example in Portugal there will be a festival with Coldplay, Iggy and the Stooges, Chemical Brothers, etc.) and attract diverse audiences, people gather for the booze and the outdoor party atmosphere, beside the music. Supposing that Super Heavy has some quality, it could have raised some waves. Unless they come out with some monster hit that overcomes the dispersive factor of diverging audiences, next year they will be history.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home