Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick in Antibes 16/08/2015
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 18, 2015 18:53

Just bumped into this picture and didn't find it with a quick search here.

[www.nicematin.com]

Mick Jagger est depuis quelques jours en vacances sur la Côte d’Azur. Où il se fait plutôt discret. Pourtant, dimanche soir, la star des Stones a dîné chez Mamo au Michelangelo à Antibes, se prêtant volontiers au traditionnel selfie du maître des lieux.

Amateur de bonne cuisine, Mick a mangé un loup grillé et goûté les pâtes aux truffes de Mamo.

C’est à Québec, à la mi-juillet, que les Rolling Stones ont donné leur dernier concert de la tournée Zip Code. Une série de concerts donnée dans le monde entier dans le cadre de leurs 50 ans de carrière.

Mick Jagger est depuis longtemps un amoureux de la Côte d’Azur. Une région qu’il affectionne particulièrement pour y avoir passé sa petite enfance au camping du Pylône, à Antibes.

C’est aussi à la Villa Nellcote de Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat que les Rolling Stones avaient enregistré le fameux album Exile on Main Street en 1971.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-18 18:53 by gotdablouse.

Re: Mick in Antibes 16/08/2015
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 18, 2015 19:01

Sounds nice I love grilled fishsmoking smiley

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: August 18, 2015 20:49

72 ???

Mick looks fantastic!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: August 18, 2015 20:54

Date: August 18, 2015 21:20

Can you check your link I'm getting : "403 Forbidden - nginx/1.4.7"

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 18, 2015 22:04

Mick does look great.
I was thinking he may be at The Oval in London with Charlie end of the week for a day at the last Test Match against the Aussies, but looks unlikely now.
We have already won the series, so it is just for saving pride for the Aussies or for us,piling on the pain and humiliation for them.
Would you have guessed I come from England ? winking smiley

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: August 18, 2015 23:15

crawdaddy
Mick does look great.
I was thinking he may be at The Oval in London with Charlie end of the week for a day at the last Test Match against the Aussies, but looks unlikely now.
We have already won the series, so it is just for saving pride for the Aussies or for us,piling on the pain and humiliation for them.

Charlie is currently in Poland at a horse show.

[wiadomosci.onet.pl]

You can see him in a light blue jacket at 0.45 in the short film on this website.

N

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 18, 2015 23:39

Good news about Charlie: as long as Shirley has the checkbook, her husband will keep touring.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: August 18, 2015 23:41

NeddieFlanders
crawdaddy
Mick does look great.

Charlie is currently in Poland at a horse show.

[wiadomosci.onet.pl]

You can see him in a light blue jacket at 0.45 in the short film on this website.

N

thumbs up

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 18, 2015 23:47

thumbs up

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: August 18, 2015 23:51

I wish I was in Antibes, or Ibiza, but Im not, Im just sitting here watching the river flow.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: August 19, 2015 00:01

thumbs up
Which river is that?

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 00:03

RipThisBone
thumbs up
Which river is that?
Moon River

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-19 00:04 by everwest1.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 19, 2015 00:06

everwest1
I wish I was in Antibes, or Ibiza, but Im not, Im just sitting here watching the river flow.

I've been in Antibes/Juan-les-Pins a couple of years ago and also several times in the eighties. But I can tell you that it ain't what it used to be. Even when I was there during end May, so the tourist season had yet to begin. But it was extremely busy in Antibes. So even though I used to love the Côte d’Azur I will never come back.

A couple of years ago it was the Russian mob running the Côte d’Azur (real estate etc.). I don't know which mob runs it today. Perhaps a multinational mob has taken over.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 19, 2015 00:52

Mick looks good. Did he sing CRAZY MAMO to his companion?

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: August 19, 2015 02:09

desertblues68

ahahah i was rather alarmed at first because I mistranslated it (in my head) as "grilled wolf"

Date: August 19, 2015 02:25

72 ???

Mick looks fantastic!
He looks healthy, happy and still has his figurecool smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 19, 2015 14:28

He sure looks great and seems to have fun. Relax Mick, dont let the Great Keith cd bother you and make some great songs together in a few months.
Jeroen

Posted by: maremma ()
Date: August 20, 2015 12:39

alieb
desertblues68

ahahah i was rather alarmed at first because I mistranslated it (in my head) as "grilled wolf"

ah ah ah "grilled wolf" !!!!
Tht's a very good one.
En français, le "LOUP" est un poisson de Méditerranée, famous and realy tasty, whose name is "BAR" (BASS) in the Altlantic ocean.

And "merde": I was just a few kilometers from Antibes; I would have liked to see Mick!!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 20, 2015 13:05

kleermaker

I've been in Antibes/Juan-les-Pins a couple of years ago and also several times in the eighties. But I can tell you that it ain't what it used to be. Even when I was there during end May, so the tourist season had yet to begin. But it was extremely busy in Antibes. So even though I used to love the Côte d’Azur I will never come back.

A couple of years ago it was the Russian mob running the Côte d’Azur (real estate etc.). I don't know which mob runs it today. Perhaps a multinational mob has taken over.

Nah just face it, you can't afford to stay there anymore. Rich Russians have boosted the price of about everything and we thank'em for this.

Re mafia the worst one there was on the coast was the GLNF aka Grande Loge Nationale de France. Truly nasty guys... confused smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 20, 2015 15:07

Mick was once quoted as saying he found the French terribly rude.
I wonder if he will pop by and see his old mate Bill Wyman who lives further down the coast?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 20, 2015 15:12

jlowe
I wonder if he will pop by and see his old mate Bill Wyman who lives further down the coast?

...Pick up some stuff for Exhibitionism...

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: August 20, 2015 15:23

Jerry Hall has a house near there. She is single again. No more biologist beau.

Date: August 20, 2015 15:40

chatoyancy
Jerry Hall has a house near there. She is single again. No more biologist beau.
Maybe it is the Italian romantic in me, but I hope they get back together. It will be nice for the children.grinning smiley

Date: August 20, 2015 15:56

jlowe
Mick was once quoted as saying he found the French terribly rude.

You mean the house in Vence? Didn't he sell it years ago? Maybe not [howtospendit.ft.com] or actually yes, at least it may be for sale : [www.estatenetfrance.com]

--------------

Date: August 20, 2015 15:57

Isnt Mick still with his ballerina friend?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 20, 2015 18:11

dcba
kleermaker

Nah just face it, you can't afford to stay there anymore. Rich Russians have boosted the price of about everything and we thank'em for this.

Mick was right when he said "the French are terribly rude." tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: August 20, 2015 18:18

kleermaker
dcba
kleermaker

Mick was right when he said "the French are terribly rude." tongue sticking out smiley
are you sure ? I thought it was Keith who said that.

Date: August 20, 2015 18:34

The nicest people in the world..., if they realise you learned their language because you wanted to. I have always been treated nicely and find them extremely polite. Some parisian taxi drivers and policemen are not though, usually the kind of people tourists have to talk to while in France.

Date: August 20, 2015 18:57

Mick at least made an effort to learn basic speaking French.
I dont think Keith bothered; of course he surrounded himself with so many hangers on, he probably thought there was no point. Also Anita is bi-lingual, I believe.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1586
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home