Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick in Antibes 16/08/2015
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 20, 2015 19:17

People have always been helpful to me in France and appreciated my rubbish French, kind of Mick related, just back from Bletchley Park had a fab and interesting daysmoking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 20, 2015 19:42

jlowe
Mick at least made an effort to learn basic speaking French.

Mick speak very good French! And he's very popular in his small Loire village. The locals absolutely love him.

Had he decided to buy a house in Tuscany he would have learnt Italian in no time and he would have been pretty popular in his small village etc etc.

That's just Mick being Mick! Oozing good vibes wherever he goes.

"Oozing good vibes" is not part of the Keef mystique! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 20, 2015 19:46

@ Kleer :

Don't get me wrong. The côte has always been an enclave owned and ruled by rich foreigners : the British first owned it as they basically invented the place building mansions on top of fishermen sheds. Then came the Americans the Saudis the Russians the Chinese etc etc.

The locals have deserted the place logn ago and average tourists (you/me) cannot afford to stay there.
C'est la vie...

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: August 20, 2015 19:58

dcba
jlowe

Mick speak very good French! And he's very popular in his small Loire village. The locals absolutely love him.

Had he decided to buy a house in Tuscany he would have learnt Italian in no time and he would have been pretty popular in his small village etc etc.

I wish he had bought a place in my parents village in Tuscany. The place is boring and it would be much more fun with.Mick as.a.neighbour>grinning smiley<

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: August 20, 2015 20:16

From what I understood Mick is/was more or less fluent in French? I've always envied him for this. I'd love to be bi-lingual or even multi-lingual. Keep meaning to brush up on my now very, very rusty French but never seem to get the time or get around to it.

desertblues68, maybe I just need another holiday but right now I'd love to swap London for a Tuscany village. smiling smiley

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: August 20, 2015 21:08

jlowe
Mick was once quoted as saying he found the French terribly rude.
I wonder if he will pop by and see his old mate Bill Wyman who lives further down the coast?
i'm very surprised of that. Did he say that in an interview ?
I know that years ago Keith said that he didn't like French people.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 20, 2015 21:21

I think there has always been a thing about ,'Why should we bother to speak French/English' on both sides and we are both as bad as each other when it comes to getting on.
Your own personality can make a world of difference really. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 20, 2015 21:35

My experiences with the French people have been all good. I belive the current generation is much more friendly and helpful to those visiting their country then
the generations of the past.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 20, 2015 22:25

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: August 20, 2015 22:31

desertblues68
dcba
jlowe

I wish he had bought a place in my parents village in Tuscany. The place is boring and it would be much more fun with.Mick as.a.neighbour>grinning smiley<

Never mind, youve got that bundle of laughs STING and wife Trudy as neighbours.

Date: August 20, 2015 23:32

mtaylor

What event was this?

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 21, 2015 20:11

Dismaland?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 21, 2015 20:25

dcba
@ Kleer :

Don't get me wrong. The côte has always been an enclave owned and ruled by rich foreigners : the British first owned it as they basically invented the place building mansions on top of fishermen sheds. Then came the Americans the Saudis the Russians the Chinese etc etc.

The locals have deserted the place logn ago and average tourists (you/me) cannot afford to stay there.
C'est la vie...

I could stay there if I wanted too. Living there is another thing. But the whole Côte, at least Antibes, isn't what it used to be. Too many people, extremely much traffic and no privacy on the little beaches. The whole atmosphere there I loved in the eighties has vanished in the air. That was my experience when I came back a couple of years ago after so many years. Disappointing, and not because of the money. Btw: my French is absolutely better than Mick's. Not being bi-lingual but knowing almost five languages (Portuguese is not totally in the pocket yet).

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 21, 2015 20:28

swimtothemoon
mtaylor

What event was this?

The article about Watts in Poland earlier in the thread.
Just thought it would be funny to see the picture.
Don't know Shirley's thoughts....smileys with beer

Date: August 21, 2015 21:10

I assume Disney in Orlando? Who is the Dark haired young lady sitting next to
Charlie? She looks very familiar along with the woman wearing the hat opposite
Shirley. "Thought Bubbles" would be priceless.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: August 21, 2015 23:24

Mick looks simply great

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1281
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home