Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Blame wall street for no stones activity
Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 19, 2011 07:55

mitchflorida
BLAME OBAMA . HE IS SCREWING EVERYTHING UP .

10 PERCENT UNEMPLOYMENT . FORECLOUSURES THROUGH THE ROOF

DUMP OBAMA, AND THE STONES WILL TOUR AGAIN

That is major wacky nutty writing there.

2000-2008,haha.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 19, 2011 14:34

bustedtrousers
ineedadrink
yes mitch, the reason why the stones haven't toured Europe or South America or Asia is because of Obama. riiiiiiight.

Don't waste your time on him ineeda. There's no arguing with a retard. I mean a republican. I mean there's no arguing with stupid.

They're all one in the same anyways.

Implying that only the "other" party can be the voice of reason?

It is partisan thinking like this that gets everyone nowhere.

Date: June 19, 2011 15:06

angee
Looks to me like a few things held them up,
and now they're waiting until 2012.

...sounds like the most reasonable explanation for everything to me too, Angee.
There was the economy, ànd the Live Nation battle (btw: still not over, I reckon?!), etc.

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 19, 2011 18:47

mickschix
I don't think it can honestly be said that Mick gave his " approval" on Keith's manuscript. I find that very hard to believe.

Mickschix, I probably should have said he read it before it went to press, according to Keith. Approval is probably too strong a word, sorry.
According to Keith, he made it available to Mick, and the implication to me is, that Mick signed off on it, so to speak.

Of course, it is your choice whether to believe that or not. I do because (1) I don't think Mick would try to change Keith's/Fox's words, not
much, anyway, and (2), as I and others have guessed, Mick didn't predict all the attention to Keith's comments about him.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 19, 2011 19:42

Wall Street has nothing to do with the fact that Mick and Keith cannot play together anymore ( it seems so far), that each contract has to stipulate how each of those 2 should behave onstage with regard to one another. As to Wall Street, we did build it, subsequently we are responsible for its rip manner.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 20, 2011 00:34

On the contrary: We can probably thank Wall Street for all Stones activity since the late 80-ies. Without the big money involved I don't think they wouldn't have continued through the 90-ies and 00-ies.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: June 20, 2011 01:13

bustedtrousers
ineedadrink
yes mitch, the reason why the stones haven't toured Europe or South America or Asia is because of Obama. riiiiiiight.

Don't waste your time on him ineeda. There's no arguing with a retard. I mean a republican. I mean there's no arguing with stupid.

They're all one in the same anyways.

Keep that HATE percolating.

Date: June 20, 2011 01:14

mickschix
Should be screaming about BUSH not OPBAMA, and by the way,we once had a SURPLUS of $265 BILLION which Bush blew...so, ok, back to Mick approving of the Keith book, Angee, you may be right that Mick never dreamed it would have caused such a stir...the part about his anatomy.....but I still remain doubtful that he read it at all before it went to press.
Yes, it IS the econmoy, stupid, to some degree also, it can't be denied. I have said it before, but I haveless $$ these days to spend on luxuries. GAS TANK COSTS A FORTUNE TO FILL! DUH! Who's WINNING here except the oil companies!

How old are you, 16? Duhhhh?

Date: June 20, 2011 01:15

mickschix
Should be screaming about BUSH not OPBAMA, and by the way,we once had a SURPLUS of $265 BILLION which Bush blew...so, ok, back to Mick approving of the Keith book, Angee, you may be right that Mick never dreamed it would have caused such a stir...the part about his anatomy.....but I still remain doubtful that he read it at all before it went to press.
Yes, it IS the econmoy, stupid, to some degree also, it can't be denied. I have said it before, but I haveless $$ these days to spend on luxuries. GAS TANK COSTS A FORTUNE TO FILL! DUH! Who's WINNING here except the oil companies!

Apologies, you must be 13 or so. Explains a lot

Date: June 20, 2011 01:36

To put this Bush/Obama thing into an international perspective. Obama was greeted with very much optimism but hasn't, perhaps,lived up to the expectations. On Bush there were no high expectations, but he managed to underachieve even from that position. W Bush is considered, even in the U.S., to be one of the worst presidents ever lived.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 20, 2011 01:45

Let's put this thread to rest.

Date: June 20, 2011 01:52

Agreed, EG. It's going nowhere... . End, finito, da capo.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: June 20, 2011 03:26

mickschix
cool smiley I'm starting to really believe that Keith has caused the fracture that will not be repaired, not even for the millions that weigh in the balance. Even money won't mend the band this time. His need to put down his band mate because of petty jealousies will be why we may never see the Stones perform again. Very sad, and yet I understand Mick's stand on this completely. Maybe he is not willing to pretend that he's over it, and that the remarks meant nothing. I think Keith has pushed it way too far this time.

Men don't think that way. If a guy calls another one fat, or has a small this or that, they usually go 'f*ck you' and laugh about it. If a woman says that to another female, they never forget about it.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 20, 2011 03:42

Yeah, and I always thought size doesn't matter (well in my case it does smiling bouncing smiley )

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 20, 2011 13:39

Amen Stoneage, Obviously we know YOUR age STONESCAREY based on your brilliant retort! You see, when someone decides to take an unfair shot at the prez, some of us are compelled to defend him. Others resort to calling names and hurling insults,separating the white hats from the black. Good night.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 20, 2011 14:28

Rip This
yes I blame the GOP

Yup the Dow went from above 14,000 to below 7,000 under you know who. He even said it himself. "Why did the maket have to crash under my watch?"

Posted by: R ()
Date: June 20, 2011 15:12

mickscarey
mickschix
Should be screaming about BUSH not OPBAMA, and by the way,we once had a SURPLUS of $265 BILLION which Bush blew...

Ah, another myth,

The much vaunted $265 billion 'surplus' was merely a ten year projection itself based on the continued (unrealistic) growth of dot-com economy bubble. There was NEVER a surplus in the bank to "blow." It was always wishful thinking especially as the dot-com economy had already started to crumble when Clinton and the usual suspects started making the claim. But, feel free to keep believing in a lie if it makes you feel better.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 20, 2011 16:02

If you bought any stock after Obama took over you would of at least trippled your money by now. Maybe more. It's been great making a killing over the last two years!! Bought Ford under Bush at $2.49 a share sold it at 16.00 a few months ago. Thank you Bush for crashing the market and giving the opportunity to have money like you rich scumbags.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-20 16:45 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 20, 2011 18:53

Send It To me
Who the f**k are those bands? I'm only aware of one stadium act in the known universe.
An excellent example of selective blindness...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 20, 2011 20:36

MKjan
mitchflorida
BLAME OBAMA . HE IS SCREWING EVERYTHING UP .

10 PERCENT UNEMPLOYMENT . FORECLOUSURES THROUGH THE ROOF

DUMP OBAMA, AND THE STONES WILL TOUR AGAIN

That is major wacky nutty writing there.

2000-2008,haha.

Mitch, next time you feel the temptation to blame President Obama for he Stones not touring, or the sky falling, or the crops not coming in, or whatever, call Rush Limbaugh instead. This is a Stones forum. We discuss music. Politics are against the guidelines. You consistently ignore this to post your Obama-hatred and other rubbish here. Why?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-20 21:27 by 71Tele.

Date: June 20, 2011 21:10

I think it is Bush's fault that Obama has to use a teleprompter for everything - including talking to 6 years old.

It is also Bush's fault that Obama thought the USA was composed of 57 states.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 20, 2011 21:10

somebody stop this Mitch guy... useless and utterly racist bullsit.
Please BV, take this guy out
byeee Jeroen

Date: June 20, 2011 21:16

71Tele
Hey Mitch, what happened to the surplus left by Bill Clinton?

.... every single time you insist on posting one of your idotic right-wing talking points on this Board you merely cement the perception people have of you as a moron. There are plenty of right-wing internet discussion boards when people like you can post your bigotry and invective all day long to likeminded souls in the right-wing echo chamber where this stuff has resonance. Why don't you confine your political rantings to those worthy sites?

As opposed to music sites where echoing idotic(sp) left wing talking points merely cement the perception that their purveyors are intolerant hypocrites.

As for the myth of the Clinton surplus, please see my post above.

Date: June 20, 2011 21:22

R
71Tele

.... every single time you insist on posting one of your idotic right-wing talking points on this Board you merely cement the perception people have of you as a moron. There are plenty of right-wing internet discussion boards when people like you can post your bigotry and invective all day long to likeminded souls in the right-wing echo chamber where this stuff has resonance. Why don't you confine your political rantings to those worthy sites?

As opposed to music sites where echoing idotic(sp) left wing talking points merely cement the perception that their purveyors are intolerant hypocrites.

A myth like Obama not being born in the U.S., which 50% of Rebublicans say they believe?

Date: June 20, 2011 21:22

corriecas
somebody stop this Mitch guy... useless and utterly racist bullsit.
Please BV, take this guy out
byeee Jeroen

Racist????????????Where??????!

Date: June 20, 2011 21:24

R
71Tele

The point is, this is why there is no politics on this board. I do not respond to Stones-oriented posts with political commentary aimed at Republicans or anyone else. I cannot understand why Mitchflorida constantly feels the need to use this board for his bigoted anti-Obama rants and asides.

Also: Pointing out bigotry and ignorance is neither ignorant nor hypocritical.

Date: June 20, 2011 21:25

71Tele
R
71Tele

A myth like Obama not being born in the U.S., which 50% of Rebublicans say they believe?

Nope. Allow me to repeat myself...

The much vaunted $265 billion 'surplus' was merely a ten year projection itself based on the continued (unrealistic) growth of dot-com economy bubble. There was NEVER a surplus in the bank to "blow." It was always wishful thinking especially as the dot-com economy had already started to crumble when Clinton and the usual suspects started making the claim. But, feel free to keep believing in a lie if it makes you feel better.

Date: June 20, 2011 21:26

Personally I don't mind political posts but since I know the rules here we should be a bit careful with them. We don't have to ban anyone for their political thoughts, even if they can be stupid. Just end the thread before it gets out of hand. Mickscarey is ok, you just have to take in to account that he is a devout right-winger. I can deal with that.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: June 20, 2011 21:29

mickscarey
I think it is Bush's fault that Obama has to use a teleprompter for everything - including talking to 6 years old.

better send Obama to the Hague because he uses a teleprompter! unlike Bush, who didn't do anything illegal or anything...

Date: June 20, 2011 21:29

mickscarey

there is a qualitative difference between a slip of the tongue (57 states comment) and something like committing the resources and lives of a country to fight a needless war based on a lie (or rather, series of lies). As for teleprompters, everyone uses one. So what?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home