Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Nice pic, never seen!
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 16, 2011 10:16

Come On
the guy with Prince sign on his shirt

Not quite the same

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: June 16, 2011 14:04

Come On
WTF is Dylan hangin on Jaggers birthday party? and who is the guy with Prince sign on his shirt already 1972?

Looks more like Jagger is hanging on Dylan.

Dylan is so cool it's ridiculous.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 16, 2011 14:08

WTF is Dylan hangin on Jaggers birthday party?

Tryin' ta get Mick or Keith ta teach him the lyrics ta Stoned .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 16, 2011 14:12

He He wouldn't that be to much for the guy that wrote 'Highlands'...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: PhilipRBowl ()
Date: June 16, 2011 17:36

rock and roll royalty !!

Were any of the beatles at mick's famous
29th bday party??

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 2, 2011 12:34

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards endorse photographer Ken Regan's 'All Access' book

Carla Hay, Rolling Stones Examiner
August 1, 2011

Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger and Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards have endorsed a book by photographer Ken Regan titled "All Access: The Rock'n'Roll Photography of Ken Regan."

Richards has written the book's preface, while Jagger has written the book's introduction. Jim Jerome wrote the book's text, and James Taylor wrote the book's afterword.

On the cover of "All Access" is a 1978 photo of the Rolling Stones reclining on a sofa. The photo was taken the day that the band held a press conference in New York City to promote the album "Some Girls."

"All Access" (published by Insight Editions) has 304 pages and more than 400 color and black-and-white photographs. The book goes on sale in the United States on October 20, 2011, at a suggested retail price of $75.

The book also has Regan's insider stories of hanging out with several legendary artists, including the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash and Madonna. Regan's Rolling Stones photographs include images from their tours in the 1970s and 1980s, as well as the Rolling Stones' 1975 tour rehearsals in Montauk, Long Island in New York.

"All Access" includes Regan's photos from major concert events, such the Woodstock Festival, the Concert for Bangladesh and Live Aid. Regan also captured the moment when Dylan met a young fan named Bruce Springsteen.

Richards has this to say in the book's preface:

"You have to know the moment before it happens. To sense it, to feel it. Whatever this intuitive sense, is what my longtime friend has. Many times I've been onstage only to see Ken's beady left eye drilling through me with that wry grin under his camera and know he's got the shot he was after."

Continue reading on Examiner.com Mick Jagger, Keith Richards endorse photographer Ken Regan's 'All Access' book - National Rolling Stones | Examiner.com [www.examiner.com]

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 4, 2011 19:25

Mick Jagger wanted to be in 'Some Like It Hot' remake with David Bowie, Madonna
Carla Hay, Rolling Stones Examiner

In the early 1980s, Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger once contemplated quitting the music business to become a movie star. And one of the movies he wanted to do was a remake of the 1959 comedy classic "Some Like It Hot," which starred Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis and Marilyn Monroe. Jagger envisioned himself, David Bowie and Madonna as having the starring roles in the "Some Like It Hot" remake
That is the revealing story told by photographer Ken Regan in his book "All Access: The Rock'n'Roll Photography of Ken Regan."
As previously reported, the book (which features the Rolling Stones on the cover) contains several of Regan's photos and stories of music legends and superstars (including the Rolling Stones, the Beatles, Bob Dylan and Madonna) from Regan's long career as a professional photographer. Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards wrote the book's preface. Jagger wrote the book's introduction.
"All Access" (published by Insight Editions) goes on sale in the United States on October 20, 2011 (according to Insight Editions), but Amazon.com lists the on-sale date as November 1, 2011. I received an advance copy of the book, and I can say without a doubt that "All Access" is a treasure trove of memorable and unique photos and stories, some of which have never been previously revealed in rock history.
In "All Access," Regan said that Jagger confessed his plans for a "Some Like It Hot" remake, late one night in 1983, when Regan and Jagger were in Mexico for the Rolling Stones music video shoot for "She Was Hot." Jagger showed up at Regan's hotel room, where they shared Corona beer and a marijuana joint. Regan says that Jagger sought Regan's advice on relaunching his film career. Regan recalled the conversation as Jagger saying:

“I want to get out of music and get into film. I really want to do this.”

I was incredulous — but supportive.

“Well, Mick, you have done a couple films.”

“I know, I know, but now I’m serious. I want to do this. I’m thinking about remaking a film.”

I asked which one.

“Some Like It Hot,” he said.

“Mick, come on, you don’t want to remake Some Like It Hot.”

How do you follow that comedy classic’s cast of Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis, and Marilyn Monroe? And with whom?

“Me, David Bowie, and Madonna,” Mick answered.

“Mick, don’t even think about it. Don’t even go there.”

“You don’t think it would work?”

“Work?” I said. “You’ll get laughed off the screen, if you ever get the money to put it together.”

“Well, Jesus . . . I got some other ideas. I’ll talk to you about them another time.”

I guess the shoot had been more stressful for Mick than I’d imagined.
(This is not the first time that Jagger and Bowie have been linked in a story about them doing a movie together. In April 2011, British tabloid The Sun published a false rumor that Jagger and Bowie wrote a film script together. A few days after The Sun published the story, Bowie issued a statement on his website saying that the rumor of a Jagger/Bowie film script is not true. Jagger and Bowie did collaborate in 1985 on a cover version of Martha and the Vandellas' 1964 classic "Dancing in the Street." Bowie and Jagger's version of the song became an international hit.)
Some of the other highlights of "All Access" include Regan's photos and stories about hanging out with the Beatles during the band's first trip to the United States; his memories of being backstage at legendary concert events such as the Woodstock Festival and Live Aid; and doing Madonna's first major magazine photo shoot at a gym in Los Angeles.
When it comes to the Rolling Stones, Regan talks mainly about the period of time when he was closest to the band: the 1970s and 1980s, when he went on several concert tours with the Rolling Stones. (Regan says that he has not photographed the Rolling Stones since 1989 because Michael Cohl, who was the Rolling Stones' tour promoter from 1989 to 2007, wanted too much control over photos taken of the band.)
In "All Access," Regan says that he had a rule that he did not want to be hired to do photos of weddings, babies and bar mitzvahs, but he made exceptions for the Rolling Stones by agreeing to be the official photographer of Richards' 1983 wedding to supermodel Patti Hansen. In 1985, Regan also did the first official photo shoots for Jagger and Jerry Hall's newborn son James, as well as Richards and Hansen's newborn daughter Theodora.
(Regan tells a funny story in the book about how Richards, in all seriousness, announced just days before the wedding that he would not go through with the ceremony until he caught a great white shark. He ended up accomplishing his goal of catching a great white shark, and the wedding went off without a hitch.)
"All Access" also includes Regan's chronicle of the first solo tours that Jagger and Richards did in the late 1980s.
Jagger shares some anecdotes about Regan in the book's introduction. Here is an excerpt:
I first met Ken Regan in the rather peculiar circumstances of The Rolling Stones Hyde Park concert in July 1969. I was standing onstage as butterflies we had released were fluttering all about, when I noticed I was being photographed by a man in a military jacket who had many cameras hanging around his neck. The pictures he shot of that event were some of the best that were done. I didn’t see him again until our 1972 STP Tour. Ken was assigned by Time magazine to cover it ...
Ken came along with me on my 1988 solo tour of Japan. While we were there, we managed, of course, to go to yet another major sporting event together. This time it was to see Mike Tyson fight Tony Tubbs at the opening of the Tokyo Dome stadium, aka the Big Egg. Funnily enough, on a later date, I didn’t bother to go to see Tyson fight Buster Douglas, as he was such a cert to win. As everyone knows, he lost in early rounds in that same venue.
Touring with us, Ken could see what our world was like, and working with Ken, I was able to see what his world was like. As The Rolling Stones were out, becoming part of history, it was nice to pick up that camera next to Ken and see what history looked like through the lens. Though Ken and I enjoy both a professional and personal relationship, in all the years we’ve worked together he has never blurred those boundaries.

Besides photos of the Rolling Stones on stage and backstage, there are several intimate shots of the Stones relaxing in their free time, as well as pictures of the Rolling Stones with various family members.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Mick Jagger wanted to be in 'Some Like It Hot' remake with David Bowie, Madonna - National Rolling Stones | Examiner.com [www.examiner.com]

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: September 30, 2011 05:32

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 30, 2011 05:40

Toru A
nice bump pic, to a bump worthy thread...

schillid
'72
Same outfits ...

Same "getups" winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-30 05:44 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: September 30, 2011 06:28

Nice pic, never seen!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home