Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Moonlight Mile v/s CYHMK
Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 28, 2015 04:11

I think I'm in the minority here, but I am curious.....After attending the Pittsburgh show, I thought MM really took the air out of the stadium. Crowd gave descent reaction at the climax, but it felt like a, "finally! It's almost over" kind of response. It's a song I'm fairly indifferent to, that meanders and doesn't really go anywhere.

On the other hand, from the very first time they broke CYHMK out, I was critical of the intro and feel......they have worked it out on this tour. Every time it's played it works. I was disappointed they didn't play it in Pittsburgh, and thought the Milwaukee version was tight. Ronnie is so "on" on this tour, it's a shame we can't have more Knockin', and less Moonlight....IMO.

Now if they could bang Sway into shape..... Sigh

Re: Moonlight Mile v/s CYHMK
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 28, 2015 04:49

Hmmm. Perhaps what you interpret as taking the air out of the stadium was just people sitting back and listening and really enjoying a good piece of music? I wasn't there so I can't say but I suspect the image and manifestation of someone enjoying Moonlight Mile will look a bit different that the one of people enjoying JJF.

It is a dreamy song and projects dreamy emotions and reactions. A bit harder to judge whether people truly enjoyed it than an upbeat rocker which makes people scream and dance. Just sayin....

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 28, 2015 04:57

It was great

Moons flashing across the screens. Lights down low.
They made it work in an airoprt hangar but didn't bother in Nashville

It was the best version of what used to be Moonlight Mile I've heard...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 28, 2015 05:01

Munichhilton

When you say that, I assume you are comparing live versions to the record? Have you heard a live version better than the one you heard this tour?

Date: June 28, 2015 05:13

Fair enough. I am admittedly an up tempo guy. NL, you may be right. I second guessed myself, but after watching a video too, I still had the same impression. Maybe it was timing......I thought Keith and Ronnie were both really smokin that night....ripping through the first five and then SMACK!!! Wasn't until maybe the best Ronnie MR I've ever heard did they draw me completely back.

Munich, I may be wrong- and it's somewhat a matter of taste, I really dig some "Dreamy" numbers.....2000LY, Winter, Let It Loose.....etc. With such a small number of wildcard songs, it wouldn't be high on my list.

I guess I'd prefer making CYHMK the "staple", and MM the rotator. I do think they are playing CYHMK better now than ever.......can't say that for many of the songs.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 28, 2015 06:23

Naturalust
Munichhilton

When you say that, I assume you are comparing live versions to the record? Have you heard a live version better than the one you heard this tour?

You're never gonna get that same feel where you close your eyes and lean your head back listening to Moonlight Mile. The structure and the meandering guitar solo....

I am so thankful I saw it but that is not the same song and never will be. If Taylor was there it still wouldn't be the same song...

Date: June 28, 2015 06:29

It's a top 5 album closing studio track.

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 28, 2015 14:38

Thrylan
It's a top 5 album closing studio track.

Yes it is.
But CYHMK is rip roaring, blow you away, badass. Especially in Atlanta (2015).

Tim

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 15:54

They were both great in Wisconsin! Moonlight Mile was played the proper speed, and Mick was singing it beautifully. Fully in tune, with beautiful falsetto crescendos at the end of each verse. The crowd was into it, and the light show for it was lovely.
Can't You Hear Me knocking was also fantastic. A much fatter sound from Keith in the intro. Crunching riffs and great fills from Ronnie. And Ronnie's solo was far superior from the Licks versions they did. Lovely!

I am sure they will continue rotating the two, and CYHMK will continue to be the rare track they seldom play. A shame, it is powerful and the audience loved it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 28, 2015 16:02

Both obviously top drawer songs.

Staggering when you think they are both on one album, and neither one was even a single.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1563
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home