Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Tom Morello vs Slash
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 19, 2015 18:17

Who do you think is the better guitarist?

Re: OT - Tom Morello vs Slash
Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: June 19, 2015 18:26

SirFartyFartsalot
Who do you think is the better guitarist?

Slash of course.

But they have very different styles.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-19 18:27 by pepganzo.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 19, 2015 18:52

Its not even a contest. Slash is one of the only guitarists from the last 20 years to remain relevant and become a recognizable guitar hero. That didn't happen by accident. Every solo he plays like its his last. You can feel the emotion there.

While I like Morello and his playing, its fairly one note and his big "move" is the scratching on his guitar, which I'd like to say isn't a gimmick, but it tends to show up in everything I hear from him, mainly in his guest appearances. Solely because its his "thing" and it impresses people during guest appearances cause they've likely never seen it. But it gets old fairly quickly. He is a good guitarist though.

Date: June 20, 2015 03:50

totally different styles

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 20, 2015 04:15

I put Morello more in the class of The Edge having sort of invented a new style of playing.

Technically not sure how good either are but give them credit for being original.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 20, 2015 05:53

As a huge fan of Audioslave (never listened much to Rage Against The Machine), I LOVE the Morello solos. I know many hate it, but there is something mesmerizing about them. But technically, I'd have to go w/ Slash, but I just like Audioslave songs more. Probably a lot also has to do w/ Cornell on vocals -- amazing!!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 20, 2015 05:57

Slash by far and more lol is a great guitar player.

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: June 20, 2015 06:20

Have been moved by both, but moreso by Slash since he's been schooled in the blues. He also gave us Stones fans these great interpretations.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-20 06:25 by muffie.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home