Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is the Brussels Affair From The Vaults speeded up?
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 16, 2015 23:24

I just listened to the Google Brussels Affair download from 2011, and then the Chameleon CD. Even though the are mostly different shows, the official release sounds much faster than the boot. Am I imagining this?

Re: Is the Brussels Affair From The Vaults speeded up?
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 16, 2015 23:33

Google Brussels Affair is in pitch / in tune with my tuned guitar so whatever the speed is - it's correct.

comparing different shows is, well a different thing.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 23:49

They're just playing really fast. I think they even commented on that in the Google Play mini-doc that was released along with it. As open-g said, you can play along in tune (if the tape has been sped up the pitch would have gone up), it's just the pace I always find difficult.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: June 17, 2015 00:46

Even so, brown Sugar and Midnight Rambler are the same performances but sound faster on the official release.

Posted by: slowhand ()
Date: June 17, 2015 01:01

donvis
Even so, brown Sugar and Midnight Rambler are the same performances but sound faster on the official release.

Maybe the boot is running too slow.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 17, 2015 12:20

1973....playing way fast....eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 17, 2015 12:34

...Love Starfooker at that pace .... it oooozes the right juices....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 17, 2015 12:56

open-g
Google Brussels Affair is in pitch / in tune with my tuned guitar so whatever the speed is - it's correct.

Wouldn't be too sure. Even the crap software I use can slow down / speed up a piece of music without altering the pitch.

I can remember that one of my old Brussels Affaire bootlegs was not in pitch. But I can't remember if too fast or too slow.

C

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 17, 2015 12:58

open-g

You know that in 2015 it's possible to change speed without changing pitch right? smiling smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 17, 2015 13:51

liddas
open-g

Wouldn't be too sure. Even the crap software I use can slow down / speed up a piece of music without altering the pitch.

I can remember that one of my old Brussels Affaire bootlegs was not in pitch. But I can't remember if too fast or too slow.

C
TheBlockbuster
You know that in 2015 it's possible to change speed without changing pitch right? smiling smiley

Of course I know that, but I do trust Bob Clearmountain to master it pitch corrected when needed, without going overboard with fancy stuff for no reason.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2440
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home