Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Watched Four Flicks Last Night...
Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: June 7, 2015 23:42

...the MSG show. Watching Blondie play guitar got me to thinking about how he was allowed to play on more songs that Mick Taylor was during his 2012-2014 run. How sad is that?

I love that MSG show, mainly because I was there. I've been on HBO, Pay Per View, and had Marty "direct" me in Shine A Light. It's been a great run.

Re: Watched Four Flicks Last Night...
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 8, 2015 00:11

funny how there's always a way to look at things sadly. one could see the same thing on the other side: wow! cool that there is no blondie playing an extra guitar and that the sound doesn't seem to be affected at all by the absence of a background guitar and that they call taylor again on tour for a couple of years ... but I guess it is a matter of perspective
no harm intended

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: June 8, 2015 00:16

Difference is nobody was really paying any attention to Blondie. People took notice of Mick T.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 8, 2015 00:18

Blondie stood behind an amp I take it? Non-visible?

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 8, 2015 00:28

JTHanis
...the MSG show. Watching Blondie play guitar got me to thinking about how he was allowed to play on more songs that Mick Taylor was during his 2012-2014 run. How sad is that?

I love that MSG show, mainly because I was there. I've been on HBO, Pay Per View, and had Marty "direct" me in Shine A Light. It's been a great run.

Mick Taylor playing one song leadguitar is superior to Blondie Chaplin playing nonsense unheard acoustic for one or more tours like he did.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 8, 2015 00:31

What was really scary was when it appeared that Blondie was "covering" for Keith, especially on the solo cuts. Thankfully that was only temporary (for whatever reason) and now, Keith appears to be back!

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: June 8, 2015 00:45

Regardless of what he was playing, the fact Blondie strapped one on so much makes me sick.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: June 8, 2015 00:52

JTHanis
Regardless of what he was playing, the fact Blondie strapped one on so much makes me sick.

Take it easy...this is 2015. No Blondie is a fact.>grinning smiley<

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-08 00:55 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: June 8, 2015 01:21

shadooby
What was really scary was when it appeared that Blondie was "covering" for Keith, especially on the solo cuts. Thankfully that was only temporary...

I remember some folks here SAYING that, but I can't remember ever seeing it or hearing it for myself, after much observation. Someone want to fill me in on the specifics, cuz I sure remember some crappy solos and it wasn't Blondie playing them. I remember some good ones too, and it wasn't Blondie playing them. If they were going to have him cover any of Keith's bits, it should have been the opening to Brown Sugar a few years back.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 8, 2015 01:26

carlorossi
shadooby
What was really scary was when it appeared that Blondie was "covering" for Keith, especially on the solo cuts. Thankfully that was only temporary...

I remember some folks here SAYING that, but I can't remember ever seeing it or hearing it for myself, after much observation. Someone want to fill me in on the specifics, cuz I sure remember some crappy solos and it wasn't Blondie playing them. I remember some good ones too, and it wasn't Blondie playing them. If they were going to have him cover any of Keith's bits, it should have been the opening to Brown Sugar a few years back.

You Got The Silver-Shine A Light...

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: June 8, 2015 06:20

shadooby
carlorossi
shadooby

You Got The Silver-Shine A Light...

Ah, I get what you meant now by "solo cuts". I thought you meant guitar solos. But Keith doesn't even pick up the guitar here, he just steps up to the mic and sings. There's no "appeared that Blondie was covering" about it, he was playing a soft acoustic part opposite Ronnie. He certainly wasn't playing anything audible or Keith-like, just filling in the sound while Ronnie played Keith's part. Sorry I misunderstood, I'm having flashbacks to people suggesting that Blondie was on the payroll to cover Keith's licks. I guess in a small sense, he was.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 8, 2015 09:44

Stoneage
Blondie stood behind an amp I take it? Non-visible?

HuH? He was right out in the open (except on opening numbers when the band don't want side musicians/backup singers on stage).

As the good maumau has already implied, watching FourFlicks sadly is a pretty strange choice.
I strongly recommend enjoying the hell out of it next time - that's what it's for.

Date: June 8, 2015 09:56

JTHanis

He played less than Taylor did on Satisfaction on every song. Not really comparable.

Date: June 8, 2015 09:58

shadooby
What was really scary was when it appeared that Blondie was "covering" for Keith, especially on the solo cuts. Thankfully that was only temporary (for whatever reason) and now, Keith appears to be back!

It didn't appear like that at all. He was strumming and singing. Not the same as "covering for Keith".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-08 09:59 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 8, 2015 11:08

DandelionPowderman
shadooby

It didn't appear like that at all. He was strumming and singing. Not the same as "covering for Keith".

...As I remember it: legend goes that this happend during the Bigger Bang tour; nót Licks.
Keith was so 'out of it', due to brain surgery and whatever-else, that Blondie regularly hod to cover up for Keith's failing guitar parts... - from behind an amp, under the stage even, etc. - that's how the gossip was, anyway.

(All BS, if you ask me. guitars were crap anyhow! smoking smiley )

And as far as Four Flicks goes: there is absolutely nothing wrong with that video collection of gigs nor tracks. In fact: it is compeletely & utterly 100% marvelous. Just play it loud; over & over & over I'd say.

But since this is almost certain to become yet another "Mick Taylor Shrine"-like thread, and literaly nothing past '74 is respected by the people that are involved in threads like that, I won't kid myself and bid you all farewell.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 8, 2015 11:25

... and if you're on your bike, wear white :E

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 8, 2015 11:37

with sssoul
... and if you're on your bike, wear white :E

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 8, 2015 11:53

RoughJusticeOnYa
DandelionPowderman
shadooby

...As I remember it: legend goes that this happend during the Bigger Bang tour; nót Licks.
Keith was so 'out of it', due to brain surgery and whatever-else, that Blondie regularly hod to cover up for Keith's failing guitar parts... - from behind an amp, under the stage even, etc. - that's how the gossip was, anyway.

(All BS, if you ask me. guitars were crap anyhow! smoking smiley )

And as far as Four Flicks goes: there is absolutely nothing wrong with that video collection of gigs nor tracks. In fact: it is compeletely & utterly 100% marvelous. Just play it loud; over & over & over I'd say.

But since this is almost certain to become yet another "Mick Taylor Shrine"-like thread, and literaly nothing past '74 is respected by the people that are involved in threads like that, I won't kid myself and bid you all farewell.

The ONLY time I have actually heard Blondie's guitar is the acoustic on Nearness Of You from the FF release.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1972
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home