Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Copacabana 2006
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 17:28

Hey everyone. I'm just curious, was anyone here at the Copacabana Beach show in 2006? I was watching the YouTube clips from it, it looked like an incredible show! But wow, 1.5 million people. That's amazing. Anyway, I checked the Reviews link for the show in the Tour Archives, but there weren't very many there. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts, reviews, etc. Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 17:37 by stones2000.

Re: Copacabana 2006
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 7, 2015 18:39

Not me. But if anyone did go, unless they did the VIP packages, they were probably just kicking back with a beer watching one of those big screens they had lined up along the beach.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 7, 2015 18:54

People where so far back they had to delay the live video feed in order to sync it up with the audio.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 7, 2015 18:59

drbryant
Not me. But if anyone did go, unless they did the VIP packages, they were probably just kicking back with a beer watching one of those big screens they had lined up along the beach.

That's what's me and my friends were about to do, but it was not necessary. We arrived early at the beach (around 1pm, and the concert was scheduled for 10pm, if I'm not wrong) and we were on the first rows after the VIP area, to where I managed to get in after some minutes.

It was a great concert, and although there was 1,4 million people there was almost zero disturbs, which could happen on a free event like this. The setlist was really good, with some very good surprises (at least at that time), like the Ray Charles cover (Night Time is the Right Time), Get Off of My Cloud and Rough Justice - on stage B, which was then a novelty from their new album. This is a song that should be back to their setlists, imho.

You could feel a great vibe, everybody was enjoying the concert. I've met a lot of people who came from all around the world to the carnival and when they knew the Stones would play this concert, they've arrived earlier just to see them, so it was a double carnival for them and for the people who lives in Rio.

On the next morning, a local newspaper had the headline "The greatest rock'n'roll concert of history". It certainly was, and now I proudly have that article framed on my wall, courtesy of a friend who got it and gave it to me. smiling smiley

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 21:00

Cristiano Radtke
drbryant

That's what's me and my friends were about to do, but it was not necessary. We arrived early at the beach (around 1pm, and the concert was scheduled for 10pm, if I'm not wrong) and we were on the first rows after the VIP area, to where I managed to get in after some minutes.

It was a great concert, and although there was 1,4 million people there was almost zero disturbs, which could happen on a free event like this. The setlist was really good, with some very good surprises (at least at that time), like the Ray Charles cover (Night Time is the Right Time), Get Off of My Cloud and Rough Justice - on stage B, which was then a novelty from their new album. This is a song that should be back to their setlists, imho.

You could feel a great vibe, everybody was enjoying the concert. I've met a lot of people who came from all around the world to the carnival and when they knew the Stones would play this concert, they've arrived earlier just to see them, so it was a double carnival for them and for the people who lives in Rio.

On the next morning, a local newspaper had the headline "The greatest rock'n'roll concert of history". It certainly was, and now I proudly have that article framed on my wall, courtesy of a friend who got it and gave it to me. smiling smiley
Oh wow! That's an awesome story! Thank you

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 7, 2015 21:19

Take a look at 2006-1 history on this site and compare with Dallas last night.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home