Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
A Profile of ya' Typical Rolling Stones Fan
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 7, 2011 06:15

If ya' had to do a profile of ya' typical Rolling Stones fan..what would ya' come up with?

Re: A Profile of ya' Typical Rolling Stones Fan
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 7, 2011 06:48

Middle-aged white male,middle class, working(the boyneedscash) married(the man needs another outlet of emotion),politically rather on the left but not too much!!
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-07 13:16 by rollmops.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 7, 2011 06:52

People with a home computer and too much time on their hands.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 7, 2011 06:59

A middle aged accountant attorney, or doctor who argues with their children what real music is, then spends $2,000 taking the wife and kids to a Stones concert hoping to prove their point.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: June 7, 2011 07:01

Back in the day...at least my observation was, a more affluent kid in the suburbs liked The Stones. The blue collar kids preferred Zeppelin. I was the blue collar kid.

In reality, The Stones attract the creme de la creme of society all the way down to stone cold junkies. I am neither. smoking smiley

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: June 7, 2011 07:20

Fat, out of shape, old, beer-drinking, scary-looking dudes who don't exercise and have very little other interests in life.smiling smiley

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 7, 2011 07:21

Define typical...

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 7, 2011 08:08

>If ya' had to do a profile of ya' typical Rolling Stones fan..what would ya' come up with?

You seem to enjoy getting your ya-yas out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-07 08:09 by Glam Descendant.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 7, 2011 08:15

Sex-maniacs with rockin' gears in the hip department ...........

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-07 15:29 by Rockman.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 7, 2011 08:45

This man is a typical Stones Fan I like to think:

Cool - successful - witty just as me...smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 7, 2011 09:41

Just take a look at the audience at a Stones concert....not Shine a Light, however, as that is a paid audience featuring 18 year old female models in the front rows.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 7, 2011 10:23

Across the spectrum. One sign of a middle-aged/old person is when they say to a 20-ish or teen person: "You wouldn't know these old Beatles/Rolling Stones songs." All that shows is that person doesn't hang around young people enough to know a high percentage of the "Y generation" love the Stones and the Beatles.

I saw a kid about 11 last year just after Christmas obviously wearing just-opened-Chrismtas-clothes. He had a big smile on his face with his knew duds as he skateboarded through a strip mall with his buddies. His duds: A Stones tongue logo T-shirt, a Stones baseball cap, and a big Stones-tongue belt buckle. That 11- year-old was obviously a Stones freak.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: June 7, 2011 11:04

old, young, crusty, fresh, and whatever else you can think of..

check concert footage or look around at a show all age groups and genders are covered..

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 7, 2011 13:02

There is no "typical" Stones fan.

Try talking to as many people as possible at a Stones show and you'd be amazed at the diversity of people there.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 7, 2011 13:22

Bliss
Just take a look at the audience at a Stones concert....not Shine a Light, however, as that is a paid audience featuring 18 year old female models in the front rows.

I've seen this written a few times over the years............'you' (not you personally Bliss)..mean Theodora Richards, Elizabeth Jagger & Leah Woods didn't have 2,000,000 girlfriends (and most likely ultra good looking ones at that) between them absolutely gagging for free tickets to a unique Stones show in New York with all the implied hospitality and aftershow party ? Sorry I don't believe for a second that anyone had to be paid to go to this show..More like half the would be model totty in NY was outside with their purses open trying to bribe their way in (just to be seen) as well as all the old grizzlies trying to get in for the music.
Is anyone in the Stonescamp cited regarding this claim ?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-07 18:43 by EddieByword.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 7, 2011 13:28

ChrisM
Define typical...

If you go to a show and more than half the audience is made of men, typical would be "male", for example. I am pretty sure there are a lot more men fans than females although I have no written statistics; just a feeling.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 7, 2011 13:29

typical stones fan =/= typical audience member at one of their shows.
typical audience member = Joe/Jane Doe curiously caught in the mega-hype.
typical stones fan = "the stones are the only group in the world, ever".

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: June 7, 2011 13:35

Silver ponytails have just embedded themselves in my mind.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: June 7, 2011 15:19

Edith Grove
There is no "typical" Stones fan.

Try talking to as many people as possible at a Stones show and you'd be amazed at the diversity of people there.

+1. Same with "ya" typical fans of the Who, the Beatles, the Who, the Kinks, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc. When you have been around 40+ years, you develop quite a variety of fans.

[Edited to add signature line]

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-07 15:19 by misterfrias.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 7, 2011 15:26

two different profiles as obvious..

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 7, 2011 15:28

Thricenay

But the hair weave was only meant to reach your scalp. I'd ask for my money back if I were you Thrice! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: June 7, 2011 16:29

Silver Dagger
Thricenay

But the hair weave was only meant to reach your scalp. I'd ask for my money back if I were you Thrice! >grinning smiley<

I knew I should have asked for the 'Wayne Rooney'.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 7, 2011 18:32

rollmops
ChrisM
Define typical...

If you go to a show and more than half the audience is made of men, typical would be "male", for example. I am pretty sure there are a lot more men fans than females although I have no written statistics; just a feeling.
Rock and roll,
Mops
Thanks Mops but the question was rhetorical...

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 7, 2011 21:30

I think the "average" fan of the Rolling Stones has changed over the years. I recall the concert at the Superdome in 78 - the crowd didn't look that much different than Woodstock or Altamont. Three short years later I noticed Izod shirts, button down collars - a much more preppy look for the same band. Anecdotal evidence for sure, but I recall thinking - what a change!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 7, 2011 22:15

EddieByword
Bliss

I've seen this written a few times over the years............'you' (not you personally Bliss)..mean Theodora Richards, Elizabeth Jagger & Leah Woods didn't have 2,000,000 girlfriends (and most likely ultra good looking ones at that) between them absolutely gagging for free tickets to a unique Stones show in New York with all the implied hospitality and aftershow party ? Sorry I don't believe for a second that anyone had to be paid to go to this show..More like half the would be model totty in NY was outside with their purses open trying to bribe their way in (just to be seen) as well as all the old grizzlies trying to get in for the music.

Oh right, so it was just pure fluke that the only blonde 20 year olds in the entire theatre all snagged front row tickets? (it wasnt the Stones' kids, it was a group of models who were handpicked)

They were hired hands recruited by Scorsese's crew. Fact. Its been common knowledge since the shows took place.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 7, 2011 22:29

riverrat
Fat, out of shape, old, beer-drinking, scary-looking dudes who don't exercise and have very little other interests in life.smiling smiley

That was what I was thinking too...

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 7, 2011 22:51

Come On
two different profiles as obvious..

Funny how Keith and George have a similar look on this pics. As every note they plaid are the opposite...

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 7, 2011 23:01

phd
Funny how Keith and George have a similar look on this pics.

...and didn't the police wait for George to leave Redlands before the big bust ?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 7, 2011 23:31

Your typical Stones connoisseur would be male, white, Western Europe or North American, around 60 (+ or -), politically left of center or center (at least in Europe), 50/50 working/middleclass, likes predominately 60`groups, not so fond of modern pop, thinks he's a bit rebellious but really isn't.

I don't think you could judge by concerts since they tend to be dominated by tourists, and by younger people (simply because older people prefers to stay at home).

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 7, 2011 23:49

Gazza
EddieByword
Bliss

Oh right, so it was just pure fluke that the only blonde 20 year olds in the entire theatre all snagged front row tickets? (it wasnt the Stones' kids, it was a group of models who were handpicked)

They were hired hands recruited by Scorsese's crew. Fact. Its been common knowledge since the shows took place.

I'm not suggesting there was anything fluke about where these good lookers were situated...(it was a film after all with a director no doubt directing who he wanted where) or arguing that they weren't models or that they were Stones' kids. They might have been friends of Elizabeth Jagger et al...if you read my thread more carefully I suggested that these friends would "most likely be ultra good looking ones at that" ie. posssibly models as is Elizabeth and that half the models and wannabe models in NY would be vying for some of the action. They may also have been handpicked by Scorsese himself from the queue of hopefuls, I just don't buy it that they were paid anything. You may call it common knowledge but I still don't know anything I can prove despite your assurance that it is a fact. My question was who put this info that they were paid in the public domain, if anyone can supply this bit of info then I can perhaps review my belief. Can you name anyone in the Stones/Scorsese camp who made this claim publicly ?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-07 23:57 by EddieByword.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home