Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bootlegs For Guitar Players
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 6, 2011 23:40

I've tried searching, but came up with nothing. Recently, I've read of a certain bootleg that had great guitar seperation(Richards in one speaker, Taylor in another). I'm sure there are a few like this. Anyone have an idea?

Re: Bootlegs For Guitar Players
Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: June 6, 2011 23:43

MingSubu
I've tried searching, but came up with nothing. Recently, I've read of a certain bootleg that had great guitar seperation(Richards in one speaker, Taylor in another). I'm sure there are a few like this. Anyone have an idea?

There's certainly one from 1972 (New York I think).

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 6, 2011 23:54

I even know where to buy them..cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-07 00:12 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: June 7, 2011 00:44

maybe not true seperation but brussell's - v easy to pick out who's doin what guitar wise

also brucie bonus of being one of the best played/recorded gigs The Stones ever did imho

whats the New York one SleepyCity?

Date: June 7, 2011 01:05

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: June 7, 2011 01:26

Sleepy City

Impressive!!! great stuff, just thinkn then...
it'd be great as a matrix with someone with aud vibe too to get abit of venue vibe into the soundboard me thinks?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 7, 2011 02:51

I just got "Out On Bail". Listening to the '78 NJ show. It is a soundboard and sounds really good. Easily distinguish the 2 guitars.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 7, 2011 14:37

I don't know but isn't young Taylor takin over a litte to much of the song already from the beginning?, I mean if I would have been the singer I would have throw a bottle at him for playing like @#$%& when its not a break for solo-guitar...smoking smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: June 7, 2011 15:29

Come On
I don't know but isn't young Taylor takin over a litte to much of the song already from the beginning?, I mean if I would have been the singer I would have throw a bottle at him for playing like @#$%& when its not a break for solo-guitar...smoking smiley

I'm inclined to agree. Give me Brian's simple chug-chugging on Berry songs any day.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 7, 2011 15:32

Come On

Maybe he was way ahead of his time. All this conservative and conditioned bullshit not to noodle when someone is singing. I loved it.

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: June 7, 2011 17:27

Amsterdamned
Come On

Maybe he was way ahead of his time. All this conservative and conditioned bullshit not to noodle when someone is singing. I loved it.

vocals , guitars, brass - all have their own riffs/ melodies and they all seem to have enough space. fantastic, never bettered !

Date: June 7, 2011 19:24

straycatblues73
Amsterdamned
Come On

vocals , guitars, brass - all have their own riffs/ melodies and they all seem to have enough space. fantastic, never bettered !

It sounded better with Brian's harmonies.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: June 7, 2011 19:51

The recording with almost complete channel separation of the guitars is Pittsburgh '72, aka An American Affair or The Royal Dragon.

I think that performance of BBJ is great, as were practically all of them from that tour. What your ear might be picking up on is the mix. The guitar exchanges on that song are thrilling.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home