Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Worse Than All of Dirty Work
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:34

I've just heard A Rock Star Bucks a Coffee by Neil Young - it's horrendous, and looks an awful precursor for one of the possible worst albums.

Re: OT - Worse Than All of Dirty Work
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 29, 2015 00:48

It sounds and feels like a parody but the subject matter is a bit too serious for such an attempt. Leave it to Neil to do the unexpected. Looks like they aren't taking it all too seriously. But it is amazingly awful but that in itself may draw the attention to the subject matter in a somewhat strange way.

I sure hope that doesn't represent the record. I'm going to blame his new girlfriend for now...grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: May 29, 2015 01:06

I like it, great song.

I have A LOT more respect for Neil Young than I have for the Stones at this point.
First of all, Neil is still very productive and releases new music almost every year.
Also, Neil varies his live performances and always comes up with a brand new setlist for each new tour. He was excellent live last year, RIP Rick Rosas.

He shows that he still cares about music, unlike the Stones.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 01:11 by EasterMan.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 29, 2015 02:57

This is truly horrendous and is to After the Gold Rush what Brian Wilson's recent albums are to Pet Sounds. Actually, I might give Brian the edge at this point.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 29, 2015 03:12

tatters
This is truly horrendous and is to After the Gold Rush what Brian Wilson's recent albums are to Pet Sounds. Actually, I might give Brian the edge at this point.

Kinda of puts ABB vs. Exile into perspective doesn't it.

Somehow, knowing Neil, I think the joke's on us somehow. The rest of the record is probably sublime or totally rocking or something....

peace

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 03:29

EasterMan
I like it, great song.

I have A LOT more respect for Neil Young than I have for the Stones at this point.
First of all, Neil is still very productive and releases new music almost every year.
Also, Neil varies his live performances and always comes up with a brand new setlist for each new tour. He was excellent live last year, RIP Rick Rosas.

He shows that he still cares about music, unlike the Stones.

The song's a bit of a novelty-type thing but I totally agree with the rest of your post. Neil, like Dylan, like Bowie, still cares.

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 03:30

Naturalust
tatters

Kinda of puts ABB vs. Exile into perspective doesn't it.

Somehow, knowing Neil, I think the joke's on us somehow. The rest of the record is probably sublime or totally rocking or something....

peace

Yep, that's my hope.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1650
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home