Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Official Promo Videos, 1973 - 2010 (Help Needed!)
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 3, 2011 14:06

...... maybe it's this DVD boot I'm thinking of sleepy ...
Found cover but I haven't put disc one back in case so can't check We Love You DVD....

Me good mate Colin gave it to me some time back and I not sure where he got it from .... Let ya know if I locate disc one

ROCKMAN

Date: June 3, 2011 14:19

Hey HEY!!! what the heck there's the full We Love You on disc two .... and from just watching looks like with maybe just a few seconds trimmed from end ..........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: June 3, 2011 15:44

Thank you Rockman. Presumably it's in colour? I think Beat Club was still in black & white in 1967...

Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: June 3, 2011 15:54

Now that's what I call a 'top' DVD - all those songs, 4 hours plus of, hopefully, good quality footage - and yet there is not one DVD official release of The Stones' output available (not counting Video Rewind really), The Stones, or whoever owns these clips, are really missing out on a great opportunity - I would buy a DVD with these on tomorrow!

Cheers

Date: June 3, 2011 15:59

skl127
Now that's what I call a 'top' DVD - all those songs, 4 hours plus of, hopefully, good quality footage - and yet there is not one DVD official release of The Stones' output available (not counting Video Rewind really), The Stones, or whoever owns these clips, are really missing out on a great opportunity - I would buy a DVD with these on tomorrow!
Cheers

Exactly, a real wasted opportunity!

Incidentally, yesterday I compiled a DVD of Mick Jagger Promo Videos if anyone is interested in trading (18 songs covering the years 1985 - 2007). Mostly top quality too.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 4, 2011 00:12

There were two videos for the SFTD remixes from a few years back.

(If someone's already mentioned them, I missed it.)

Date: June 4, 2011 00:52

Glam Descendant

You're right, & both were released officially too (one on R&R Circus DVD, other on Sympathy For The Devil [One + One] DVD).

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 4, 2011 01:41

So, the real rarity is the 'Dandelion' promo film. Anybody have an idea what it looked like? I couldn't find any such animal on YouTube. I did find Keith's early prototype for the song, Sometimes Happy, Sometimes Blue(?). It sounds strange to hear the song worked up on guitar when the song is known for so many other instruments and you can barely hear guitar.

Date: June 4, 2011 02:10

So, the real rarity is the 'Dandelion' promo film.

Yeah 24 ....same here ..... listed as being shot at same time as We Love You but have never seen ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 4, 2011 02:29

They save it for their 50th anniversary DVD release with 20 never released clips.............well at least I hope for

Date: June 4, 2011 10:32

Rockman
So, the real rarity is the 'Dandelion' promo film.

Yeah 24 ....same here ..... listed as being shot at same time as We Love You but have never seen ....

I wonder where they got the info from (this is new to me!). Maybe it is true, but many early "promos" aren't what they seem, as shows like 'Top Of The Pops' would sometimes put together photo montages or archive footage if the artists weren't available to appear in the studio (some of these were very poor too, for example they used dubbed A Hard Days Night-era footage for The Beatles' Hello Goodbye during one TOTP episode!).

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 4, 2011 19:59

This may be true, that the Dandelion video might not be a promo film as we think of it. But,the Stones did make a 'real' one for the A side, and might have have just thrown one together for Dandelion.

Date: June 4, 2011 20:35

24FPS
This may be true, that the Dandelion video might not be a promo film as we think of it. But,the Stones did make a 'real' one for the A side, and might have have just thrown one together for Dandelion.

Certainly plausible, as there were promo films made for both sides of the UK single before it (Let's Spend The Night Together / Ruby Tuesday) and after it (Jumping Jack Flash / Child Of The Moon). Would love to find out more info... I've just had a look in Terry Rawlings / Keith Badman's 'Good Times Bad Times' (generally pretty good on Brian-era info) but there's nothing there.

Posted by: ag ()
Date: June 4, 2011 21:13

I have 2 versions of Rain Fall Down.
As well as the rare Dandelion video, there is also record of a video for Down In The Hole (from memeory it is another THERMAL video). Never seen it though. I'll dig out the reference.

Date: June 5, 2011 01:18

ag

Are they very different (& do you have links)?

ag
As well as the rare Dandelion video, there is also record of a video for Down In The Hole (from memeory it is another THERMAL video). Never seen it though. I'll dig out the reference.

Yes, I've seen references to this too.

Date: June 5, 2011 10:55

There's a thermal video for "Where The Boys Go" as well, if it hasn't been previously listed.

Date: June 5, 2011 11:09

Glam Descendant
There's a thermal video for "Where The Boys Go" as well, if it hasn't been previously listed.

Yes, that's the one I have.

Posted by: ag ()
Date: June 5, 2011 15:23

ag

Sleepy City

ag

Are they very different (& do you have links)?

Rain Fall Down. They are very similar but one has more girlie action and more from the couple on the bed. Also has the appearance of a bare breast.

With regard to Down In The Hole. The reference is in the book - The Complete Recording Guide To The Rolling Stones by James Karnbach and Carol Bernson (page 387). This takes you from the beginning to 1996. (They just announce the BTB tour). The note is as follows- Thermographic image, or heat-sensitive photography. This one was for use in clubs only. So it could be possible that it is only a series of images and not an actual video.
There is also reference to I Go Wild l and I Go Wild ll.
As you all, will no doubt know there are 2 versions of She Was Hot - one with the original telephone number and fire from the bum version and one without the fire and the number being blanked out.

With regard to television clips - Here's a one for you all. I have been a fan since the end of 1963. I remember watching the original Pop Go The Sixites. I am sure that they performed Let It Bleed, even thinking at the time that this was an odd selection. But I have seen no references to this. I remember the guitar intro and definitely remember seeing Mick straddle the microphone stand on the fade out. Anybody out there recall this.
Thanks

Date: June 5, 2011 23:59

>So it could be possible that it is only a series of images and not an actual video.

It's a video.

Date: June 7, 2011 10:08

Date: June 7, 2011 10:16

Glam Descendant

I think the person who questioned whether it was a video or not was talking about 'Down In The Hole', not this.

Date: June 7, 2011 10:18

OH I know, I just thought it was worth posting.

: )

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 7, 2011 13:39

There was a video made for one of the 2003 sympathy for the devil remixes (found as a bonus track on the rock n' roll circus DVD). Another different one was made from another mix but doesn't feature any of the band member images in it.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 7, 2011 13:53

jamesfdouglas
There was a video made for one of the 2003 sympathy for the devil remixes (found as a bonus track on the rock n' roll circus DVD). Another different one was made from another mix but doesn't feature any of the band member images in it.

Sleepy City
Glam Descendant

You're right, & both were released officially too (one on R&R Circus DVD, other on Sympathy For The Devil [One + One] DVD).
winking smiley

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 7, 2011 21:06

There are 2 versions of Anybody Seen My Baby

A video was made for Gimme Shelter from No Security (live shot), aired on TV a few times here in France

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: June 7, 2011 21:15

Doc
There are 2 versions of Anybody Seen My Baby

A video was made for Gimme Shelter from No Security (live shot), aired on TV a few times here in France

Yes, someone else mentioned these. Do you have links to (or can you describe the differences for) both versions of Anybody Seen My Baby? I have a promo for this in my collection on several different DVDs, but I'm not sure if they're all the same.

Posted by: foreverguns ()
Date: May 1, 2015 09:30

So are this dvd's ready?(for download) if so,where can i find them? Thank you

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: May 1, 2015 23:08

ok guys i'm intrigued in the sucking in the 70s dvd and the more hot rocks rewind anywhere i can grab these? or is there another updated dvd set that i can download that has all their current promo videos?

Thanks

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: January 5, 2017 19:39

I'm adding a question to this thread rather than beginning a new topic, even though it's been a half year since the previous reply in this thread - - hope it's not a problem!

Regarding the promo video for "Dancing With Mr. D", are there two versions in existence, or is one of them not really "official"? Around the 3:50 mark or so towards the end, the dance moves that Jagger performs differs between the two versions I found on Youtube:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks everyone! Cheers!

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: January 7, 2017 16:24

sf37
I'm adding a question to this thread rather than beginning a new topic, even though it's been a half year since the previous reply in this thread - - hope it's not a problem!

Regarding the promo video for "Dancing With Mr. D", are there two versions in existence, or is one of them not really "official"? Around the 3:50 mark or so towards the end, the dance moves that Jagger performs differs between the two versions I found on Youtube:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks everyone! Cheers!

Very intersting observation, you are absolutely right, the SF2-version has been edited differently from 3.46 onwards. Great find!

N

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1605
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home