Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Gave My Money To Ronnie
Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: April 7, 2015 20:39

My Girlfriend and I are now proud owners of a Ronnie Wood Painting! I have always wanted one but they were always financially out of reach...until now!

My Cousin follows local estate sales online and happened to notice one that had a pic of a Ronnie painting. Well all he knew was that is was a painting OF Ronnie, but I knew better! I looked it up and like all his others, it is worth quite a bit and while I figured it was a long shot, we had to go and check it out...see if we could get a good deal on it.

[www.sfae.com]

The price they had it listed for, while well under market value was still too much. We put in a bid to be considered if it didnt sell for listed price and it did not so we got it! Just picked it up last night and we are sooo stoked! Gonna hang it in our home office tonight. Gonna keep it for a few years at least but it's a sound investment for the future. It was originally purchased at silent auction in 2008 by a prominent local artist family and depicts Ronnie on stage during the Licks tour. Title is Wa Wa Wood. Screenprint on canvas. # 121 of 250

Was going to post a pic of me with my new pride and joy but seems I cant post pics that are not online?! Oh well, looks exactly like the one in the above link.

See y'all in San Diego!

Re: Gave My Money To Ronnie
Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 7, 2015 20:46

I have two - Mick with Harmonica and Charlie With Saxophone. The value has gone up a LOT

Date: April 7, 2015 20:50

That's awesome alhavu1! Do you have pics of the paintings?

Date: April 7, 2015 21:36

Date: April 7, 2015 21:51

Wow alhavul1, very impressive!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 7, 2015 22:30

Since Ronnie didn't get any money from this estate sale I believe you gave your money for Ronnie better describes your purchase. Congrats on the acquisition, probably a better investment than most these days, although like everything the actual value is what someone is willing to pay as opposed to what is often published as the value.

I'm curious as to what the value of Ron Wood screenprints is these days. I was only able to find one on Ebay and it was listed as $1300. Is this in the ballpark? Thanks.

peace

Date: April 7, 2015 22:46

Actually I did not buy it from those "sites" but rather from Ronnie. One I bought at his show in Vegas and the other at Florida show. I think.
g
I saw the value of the Jagger one as high as $6-8K

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 7, 2015 23:05

Congratulations!

I am the very proud owner of four of Ronnie's pieces..
Keith in Repose (Pensive)- Ronnie Wa Wa Wood(self portrait)
Charlie (from the others series) my favorite- And"Beggars Banquet" a very nice gift that started my appreciation/collection.

Love a lot of his work.. I have been eyeing a Jimi Hendrix piece for a while...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-07 23:11 by MisterDDDD.

Date: April 7, 2015 23:07

you too. Enjoy!

Date: April 8, 2015 01:22

Naturalust
Since Ronnie didn't get any money from this estate sale I believe you gave your money for Ronnie better describes your purchase. Congrats on the acquisition, probably a better investment than most these days, although like everything the actual value is what someone is willing to pay as opposed to what is often published as the value.

I'm curious as to what the value of Ron Wood screenprints is these days. I was only able to find one on Ebay and it was listed as $1300. Is this in the ballpark? Thanks.

peace

Yes while Ronnie did not benefit from my purchase, the thread title was a play on the song that was on his Live At The Ritz album; Money To Ronnie. Going rate on this print is $2600 from what I have seen, though one site had it listed for an even 2k. Many of his works sell for much more.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 8, 2015 05:06

ahavu, those two are the pieces I have wanted most!!! Congrats for owning them.

lettingitbleed, I'm soooo happy for you, nice one, really good likeness and feeling in there.

I found the S. Kruger four Stones as kids at a great price recently and bid a little lower. I think they are mine--
the deal is still open as delivery got somewhat sticky with recent travel on my part.

The only Ronnie I own is one of his calendars and I enjoy it so much! It was a gift to me from
a great fan.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: April 8, 2015 13:24

Does anyone know what the print on canvas of 1234 is worth by now? It's the self portrait image ('He is looking like an Indian' as my aunt said then) on the back of the record cover. It had to be ordered from California and paid by whatever (pre-credit-card era to me). I'll have to look up what it cost me then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-08 19:33 by JJHMick.

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: April 8, 2015 13:28

Wonderful piece, I am a huge Ronnie Wood fan.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: April 10, 2015 20:05

Anybody have the Philadelphia 1981 painting? My Dad took us 4 kids to that show on his birthday. We drove down from CT. My first of many Stones shows!

-Chris

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 10, 2015 21:49

Congratulations!!
That is a great piece to own and nice work on getting it for a good price!!

PS
Did you know there are a lot of free image hosting sites around,
like [imgur.com] that allow you to upload your pictures free and easy?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home