Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: R.I.P. Bob Burns
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 4, 2015 19:53

Another crash for Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Bob Burns dies.

Re: OT: R.I.P. Bob Burns
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 4, 2015 20:38

Sad. Artimus had lured him out of retirement/seclusion recently to join his band on 1 or 2 cruise ship gigs. The fans went nuts.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 4, 2015 20:47

Not wearing a seat belt ? That's odd in 2015

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: April 5, 2015 01:03

RIP Bob Burns.

Skynyrd has to be the most cursed band ever. These guys don't just die, they die in a horrible way.The plane crash, multiple car crashes, painful liver and lung diseases, heart attacks. Retired member Ed King is working on his second heart if I'm not mistaken. Even the replacements die. Hughie Thomasson had a massive heart attack, Ean Evans, who replaced Leon Wilkeson, died of lung cancer. The last surviving active original member, Gary Rossington, almost died in a car crash before the plane crash. That Smell was written about Rossington because he did indeed hit an oak tree.

Skynyrd has one of the most turbulent, yet interesting histories of any band, ever.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 5, 2015 03:42

Long John Stoner
RIP Bob Burns.

Skynyrd has to be the most cursed band ever. These guys don't just die, they die in a horrible way.The plane crash, multiple car crashes, painful liver and lung diseases, heart attacks. Retired member Ed King is working on his second heart if I'm not mistaken. Even the replacements die. Hughie Thomasson had a massive heart attack, Ean Evans, who replaced Leon Wilkeson, died of lung cancer. The last surviving active original member, Gary Rossington, almost died in a car crash before the plane crash. That Smell was written about Rossington because he did indeed hit an oak tree.

Skynyrd has one of the most turbulent, yet interesting histories of any band, ever.

The orginal Lynyrd Skynyrd band is for me the ultimate best southern rock band of all time.

RIP Bob Burns

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: April 5, 2015 06:44

I saw them in '77 some months before the plane crash. A smoking hot band if there ever was.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: April 5, 2015 06:46

Ladykiller
Long John Stoner
RIP Bob Burns.

The orginal Lynyrd Skynyrd band is for me the ultimate best southern rock band of all time.

RIP Bob Burns

Agree a million percent. I think every single modern country "band" is trying to do what Skynyrd already did 40 years ago. From Toby Keith to Brad Paisley to Florida/Georgia Line to all the poseurs who flail on about honky tonks and gettin' drunk on a Saturday night lookin' for a good woman, Van Zant and Friends beat them to it by a country mile.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 5, 2015 07:53

God Bless You Long John Stoner...As Allen Collins would surely say if he was reading this today.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: April 6, 2015 02:33

Rest In Peace.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 6, 2015 16:51

Long John Stoner
Ladykiller
Long John Stoner
RIP Bob Burns.

RIP Bob Burns

Agree a million percent. I think every single modern country "band" is trying to do what Skynyrd already did 40 years ago. From Toby Keith to Brad Paisley to Florida/Georgia Line to all the poseurs who flail on about honky tonks and gettin' drunk on a Saturday night lookin' for a good woman, Van Zant and Friends beat them to it by a country mile.

Amen to that. A few things they had that the current "country" acts don't have

1. Originality
2. Work ethics (The Hellhouse, need I say more)
3. Ronnie apparently was as unpretentious(sp.?) as they get.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: April 6, 2015 17:33

This sounds weird but I'm pretty sure some places are cursed, too: Gaza, palliative care units... I mean, people who live there don't just die, they die in a horrible way. Coincidence? I don't think so. >grinning smiley<

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-06 17:42 by RomanCandle.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1638
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home