Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
A REQUEST To BV
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:10

It's your site and you may do anything you want with it. Obviously! But, I for one (possibly many others), find the combining of threads to be virtually impossible to read through.

The top sticky is now over 120 pages long. Does anyone have that much time to read through? (I don't).

BV, would it be possible to allow members to begin new threads when there's NEW info?

Thanks kindly,
CE smoking smiley

Re: A REQUEST To BV
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:25

Or something that would take us to the first new post in a thread rather than just having the option to go to a page or the most recent post.

I like seeing the "New" next to a thread title when there are updates. I'd LOVE it if there was an option where, kind of like clicking the "Last Post" takes me to the newest post, clicking the "New" would take me to the first new (to me) post as sometimes that's three pages back from the most recent post. The site seems to know which posts I've seen - even if they're on page 117 of 126. It would be nice if there was a way to click to be taken there.

I wish I had though of this the last time you asked for suggestions!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: March 19, 2015 22:30

For the latest news, start on the newest page and work your way backwards. If there are news someone would indeed have commented it, and you'll get the info before you've scrolled thru a couple of pages.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:30

I agree - We need a thread that only deals with discussions concerning tour dates, venues, travel advantages.

NOT Contests or videos or talk that have nothing to do with our objectives to see them in concert once again!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 22:32 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:44

Well if you want a new thread, start one...that's what the new Topic button is for, don't need bv to hold your hand(s). I do agree that a thread limited to actual tour information would be helpful.

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 22:45 by Naturalust.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 19, 2015 22:45

There will be dedicated pages for each concert, so that we can share travel and ticket tips.

DandelionPowDerman is right. Just start at the end and scroll back. You don't need to start at Page 1 every time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-19 22:50 by DeanGoodman.

Date: March 19, 2015 23:09

DeanGoodman
There will be dedicated pages for each concert, so that we can share travel and ticket tips.

DandelionPowDerman is right. Just start at the end and scroll back. You don't need to start at Page 1 every time.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear perhaps. I meant ANY NEW INFO ABOUT THE BAND. For example "no announcement today because xxxxxxx".

Apologies for the confusion.

CE smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 01:52 by Cocaine Eyes.

Date: March 19, 2015 23:11

Haven't you posted that in the proper thread already, albeit cryptically? You did everything right thumbs up

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 19, 2015 23:40

I think there should be a Sticky just for the Sticky fingers aspect of the tour.
That is the most intriguing and unique aspect of the whole thing.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 20, 2015 00:00

Naturalust
Well if you want a new thread, start one...that's what the new Topic button is for, don't need bv to hold your hand(s). I do agree that a thread limited to actual tour information would be helpful.

peace

1) I do not appreciate your condescending remarks.
2) No names were mentioned.
3) Your last comment is is not correct.

Chris

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 20, 2015 00:11

Rule number one:
Read this page. The IORR NEWS. It will tell you everything that is important. It is editorial, i.e. it is not filled with smalltalk:

[www.iorr.org]

Rule number two:
Read the Tour Dates 2015 pages. They are updated at all times. They do also have info about WHAT is changed, when it changed, and how to get tickets:

[www.iorr.org]

Rule number three:
For all the smalltalk and any last minute comments coming in, please see the Tour 2015 talks on the IORR forum. Just use the link on the NEWS pages, bringing you directly to page 123, or use the link below, bringing you directly to page 126, or just use any other link and then select the "Goto Page To" link for the last/highest page number. Then read page by page backwards. It is not that many posts per day really. This is the link to the forum thread for the 2015 tour page 126 as of late afternoon Thursday March 19:

[www.iorr.org]

The above thread is actually the 2nd 2015 tour thread, and if I did open a new one now, it would be 10 pages long by tomorrow.

Rule number four:
Patience. They are running late. Someone is sweating and working hard. No use of blaming anyone. They are not happy with the delay, but we will get the confirmation soon. I wish I had an e-mail service to alert all IORR members, I probably do, but I need to look into it. Meanwhile, just visit IORR on a regular basis, following the above three links.

Bjornulf

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 20, 2015 00:25

DandelionPowderman
For the latest news, start on the newest page and work your way backwards. If there are news someone would indeed have commented it, and you'll get the info before you've scrolled thru a couple of pages.[/quo

mi bien sur

Posted by: massmick ()
Date: March 20, 2015 00:40

bv is it safe to un duct tape myself to the computer for the day or is that just not known
thanks man

Posted by: mjaggergirl ()
Date: March 20, 2015 01:20

BV
Thank you for keeping us informed - It is much appreciated! I can't tell you how much! I am just happy that something is happening, all in due time!

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: March 20, 2015 01:30

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 15:04 by camper88.

Date: March 20, 2015 02:18

Chris Fountain
Naturalust

peace

Chris

Damn that's a good response! hot smiley

Next Rule:

If one cannot come here daily to read backwards, don't come here at all. Follow BV's initial rules and stay away from the madding crowd.

Another Rule:

If all else fails, give up. Is it really worth the candle?

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 20, 2015 02:34

Cocaine Eyes
Chris Fountain
Naturalust

peace

Chris

Next Rule:

If one cannot come here daily to read backwards, don't come here at all. Follow BV's initial rules and stay away from the madding crowd.

Another Rule:

CE smoking smiley

that was very snarky...you must be from Toronto.

Date: March 20, 2015 06:35

treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes
Chris Fountain
Naturalust

peace

Chris

Next Rule:

Another Rule:

CE smoking smiley

Sorry you felt bad about my comment. Not my intention, just trying to make a point. smiling smiley

peace

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 20, 2015 07:22

Just don't mention anything about the band's hotels or post anything about food.

Date: March 20, 2015 07:40

71Tele
Just don't mention anything about the band's hotels or post anything about food.

Who cares about the hotel's, I'd be happy to know what states they're going to be in at this point. Didn't know food was off limits but I'll take your word for it.

peace

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: March 20, 2015 08:26

You cannot petition the lord...............

Date: March 20, 2015 09:19

Cocaine Eyes
Chris Fountain
Naturalust

peace

Chris

Next Rule:

Another Rule:

CE smoking smiley

Look, this isn't rocket science grinning smiley

The backwards thing was a friendly tip for those who don't come here daily.

Send me an email and I will personally bring you a medal for contributing with news here, how about that?

Date: March 20, 2015 15:32

Naturalust
treaclefingers
Cocaine Eyes
Chris Fountain
Naturalust

peace

Chris

Next Rule:

Another Rule:

CE smoking smiley

Sorry you felt bad about my comment. Not my intention, just trying to make a point. smiling smiley

peace

Actually, I was poking fun at Cocaine Eyes, who, if memory serves, is actually from Toronto. It's a Canadian tradition to bash Toronto!

Date: March 20, 2015 15:42

bv
Rule number one:
Read this page. The IORR NEWS. It will tell you everything that is important. It is editorial, i.e. it is not filled with smalltalk:

[www.iorr.org]

Rule number two:
Read the Tour Dates 2015 pages. They are updated at all times. They do also have info about WHAT is changed, when it changed, and how to get tickets:

[www.iorr.org]

Rule number three:
For all the smalltalk and any last minute comments coming in, please see the Tour 2015 talks on the IORR forum. Just use the link on the NEWS pages, bringing you directly to page 123, or use the link below, bringing you directly to page 126, or just use any other link and then select the "Goto Page To" link for the last/highest page number. Then read page by page backwards. It is not that many posts per day really. This is the link to the forum thread for the 2015 tour page 126 as of late afternoon Thursday March 19:

[www.iorr.org]

The above thread is actually the 2nd 2015 tour thread, and if I did open a new one now, it would be 10 pages long by tomorrow.

Rule number four:
Patience. They are running late. Someone is sweating and working hard. No use of blaming anyone. They are not happy with the delay, but we will get the confirmation soon. I wish I had an e-mail service to alert all IORR members, I probably do, but I need to look into it. Meanwhile, just visit IORR on a regular basis, following the above three links.

Many thanks to BV for his response. I understand (I think!).tongue sticking out smiley

Gratefully,
CE smoking smiley

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 20, 2015 16:47

Request: What about imposing a limit to the number of posts one can make in a day? A restriction would place an emphasis on quality over quantity, as there
are some here who seem compelled to reply to nearly each post in every thread.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 20, 2015 16:52

StonedInTokyo
Request: What about imposing a limit to the number of posts one can make in a day? A restriction would place an emphasis on quality over quantity, as there

I know sometimes there's too much oversharing, but if you limit the posts one can make in a day, sometimes this same user couldn't be able to post a really important information.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 20, 2015 17:04

Cristiano Radtke
StonedInTokyo

I know sometimes there's too much oversharing, but if you limit the posts one can make in a day, sometimes this same user couldn't be able to post a really important information.

Aside from bv & gotdablouse no one is sharing anything here so important that they can't do so in 10 daily posts or less. As is one has to scroll thru TEN PAGES of small talk posts to even hope to find an "important" one!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-20 17:05 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 20, 2015 17:15

Maybe there's so much useless posting because yet again the Stones have delayed...."we are sorry for the delay - is everyone ready?"

You would think they had never done this before. Ticketing issues my ar*e.

There will be delays because of......greed.(promoters panicking?)

Does anyone seriously expect them to suddenly start caring about stressed out fans ? Behave. !! They don't give a flying f**k about anyone, just the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I accepted that long ago.

Can't stop loving them unfortunately. It's in the blood after al these years.

sc uk

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 20, 2015 18:52

StonedInTokyo
Cristiano Radtke
StonedInTokyo

Aside from bv & gotdablouse no one is sharing anything here so important that they can't do so in 10 daily posts or less. As is one has to scroll thru TEN PAGES of small talk posts to even hope to find an "important" one!

Can't you just ignore them Tokyo? I just scroll through quickly most days, looking for anything new or interesting. If I have the time, I read Doxa's. grinning smiley

Seriously, I love the more prolific posters, they help make this place lively and some of them are really knowledgeable. Besides, I don't believe in restricting anyone's freedom of speech, unless they have been blatantly offensive.

Date: March 20, 2015 18:58

latebloomer
StonedInTokyo
Cristiano Radtke
StonedInTokyo

Can't you just ignore them Tokyo? I just scroll through quickly most days, looking for anything new or interesting. If I have the time, I read Doxa's. grinning smiley

Seriously, I love the more prolific posters, they help make this place lively and some of them are really knowledgeable. Besides, I don't believe in restricting anyone's freedom of speech, unless they have been blatantly offensive.

as long as subtly offensive is still fair game.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home