Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What's Keith's role in band past 10 years or so?
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: May 23, 2011 08:55

Gazza
stonescrow
His Majesty
stonescrow
I think the beauty of the Rolling Stones (or maybe even Rock 'N' Roll in general) is they don't have to be technically perfect to be enjoyed. Steve Van Zandt recently said that the Stones are better technically than ever, so did he mean all the Stones are technically better with Keith being the one exception? Maybe if he listens in occasionally (Says the Stones are his life) maybe he could "weigh in" on Keith's current abilities and how much support he actually receives these days from the back up musicians. I would tend to believe someone like Steven Van Zandt over some "unknown".

No matter who he is, his statement that they are technically better than ever is silly and doesn't really have anything to back it up. smiling bouncing smiley

Technically, and ignoring quality of songs etc, as a guitar player Keith reached a peak of some kind in 80's, his playing during 90's was excellent too. Basically he was in control of the instrument, he had the ability and knowledge to play whatever he wanted to play.

He was mostly fine until he had his accident, the accident plus his finger issues have definitely affected his ability to play guitar.

Well, he has had plenty of time to heal up from his accident now and he says he can "play around" his arthritis so maybe he will be in better form for 2012?

Without seeing his medical records, how can anyone actually say this?

Probably you would need to have some kind of knowledge or experience with TBI. Of course every case is different and it would only be speculation, but isn't that what we do around here?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 23, 2011 09:20

Sleepy City
Rik
Stoneage
It would be interesting to hear what other guitarists (pro or not) has to say about Keith's guitar skills and abilities the last 10-20 years. They should know what they are talking about.

They are too polite to talk about that, and respect his contribution to music too much to talk about that.

I'm a guitarist, & I think that both Keith Richards & Chuck Berry are playing better than ever.

I'm a guitarist, and I assure you they dont play better than ever. I agree with the description of Keith doing old time numbers, displayed as the living icon, something of the past while Mick is somewhere else planning ahead. It's pure Vegas. Uncle Keith has to sing a number or two. I do think he can play better if he wants to. Maybe he's fed up with the Vegas act and stuck in it just like Mick.

Date: May 23, 2011 15:46

His Majesty
commenting on it has nothing to do with wanting to be that player.

...you'd be surprised.

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-23 15:48 by MississippiBullfrog.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2091
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home