Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Never fear, comrades...
Date: March 1, 2015 02:03

...Rock and/or Roll lives, loose and free.

[soundcloud.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-01 02:04 by The Ghost Of Good taste.

Re: Never fear, comrades...
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 1, 2015 03:49

Well, I can tell y'all, that ain't a cut from Night Beat (btw, a pretty good album) by the late great Sam Cooke. He was dead long before Sweet Virginia. The soundcloud clip reminds me of the old days, the bold days, the haze days, when wine women and song and feelin' groovy was a way of life. We'd sit around with acoustic guitars, maybe some bongos and/or a tambourine, guzzling down Mad Dog 20/20 with Boone's Farm as a chaser, maybe a hit of Wild Turkey or two for excitin', some mellow reefer to calm it all down. A lava light or lamp with a scarf over it, ala Keef, would be glowing off somewhere in the distance, that distance usually being 4 or 5 feet though it seemed much further away. Someone would start a riff on one of the guitars and we'd take off from there. You'd be amazed how long a jam you can make out of songs like this one here or Season of The Witch when time and the medications all work right. Life advice: Don't bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home