Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Hello and the smell of the Stones
Posted by: R ()
Date: May 17, 2011 17:57

I seem to recall Keith stating in a BTB tour interview that he'd "only had two bathes since the tour started but (he) still smelled sweeter than Jagger" or words to that effect.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 17, 2011 18:05

SwayStones
I heard that Chanel's Cuir de Russie was (is ? ) Jagger's scent .

BTW,did you make a typographical error ? You must be vanilla ?

Hi Sway, I believe it is not mistyped, even though vanilla is a delightful odour.

In Spanish varilla has a whole bunch of meanings, all in the direction of rod, round bar, dowser, skewer, shift bar, stadia rod etc.

Am I right, varilla? And, I believe your smell thread is a genuinely new topic we haven't had on this board ever before. Any other topics on your agenda that haven't been discussed here over again?

EDIT: spelling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-17 18:06 by dead.flowers.

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: May 17, 2011 18:26

Ja, yes , i think this IS a new topic here. I´ll see if i can imagine of some other NEW thing to start a thread.
Varilla in spanish is a thin stick. I´ve been very thin all my life and when i was playing football (soccer) as a little boy a coach started calling me that and that has been my name from that on.... i just got so used to it.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 17, 2011 18:51

Bienvenidos, entonces, Don Varilla, welcome, Mr Thin Man.

And thanks for highlighting me on the meaning of your nickname. Nice story.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: May 18, 2011 00:25

I think I recall one of Jagger's women - either Marianne or Marsha - writing he wore Santal by Floris. That might be seriously out of date by now, of course, as he doesn't strike as the sort of man to be faithful to one scent!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 18, 2011 01:23

Mick smells just fine, not perfumy but certainly NOT like body odor, for God's sake!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 18, 2011 02:28

mickschix
Mick smells just fine, not perfumy but certainly NOT like body odor, for God's sake!

OK, now you gotta tell us the whole story smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: May 18, 2011 10:26

The collective smell of all the Stones is presumably that of new banknotes

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 18, 2011 10:48

Stanley Booth said in 1988 that Keith smelled "like someone who had better things to do than bathe"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 18, 2011 10:51

Ronnie said somethang like .... Keef is the cleanest dirty man I know

ROCKMAN

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: May 18, 2011 15:12

A friend and his wife did a meet and greet on the BtB tour.

She said Keith stank of booze, fags and sick.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 18, 2011 15:14

People often get the wrong impression of Mick. The clever businessman is just one side of Mick. The other side is the same as the rest of us, a true rocker!

Ronnie Wood

2 1 2 0

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 18, 2011 16:45

definitely not like teen spirit anymore...

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 18, 2011 21:02

on the VL tour i actually got close enough to Keith's limo to smell him. he smelled like car exhaust. it was so bad, the next 3 limos smelled just like him, too. several years later i passed by the same spot and you could still smell him. then just today i drove over to the Piggly Wiggly and the smell has spread to the parking lot. that's over 500 miles away and 17 years later!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 19, 2011 00:14

.....Man you gotta stop snortin'.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 19, 2011 00:41

Bill German in UNDER THEIR THUMB keeps referring to Keith dousing himself in a cologne called "Fahrenheit," one time suggesting Keith had doused on himself way too much of it.

On a different Stones message board/website a fan said you can see Fahrenheit cologne on Keith's desk in the "library photo" in Keith's LIFE (the very last photo). The label is too distant to read, so that fan must well know the bottle shape of Fahrenheit.

Get out your copy of LIFE and compare for yourself, that fan may be right:

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-19 00:53 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 19, 2011 00:55

Title5Take1
Bill German in UNDER THEIR THUMB keeps referring to Keith dousing himself in a cologne called "Fahrenheit," one time suggesting Keith had doused on himself way too much of it.

On a different Stones message board/website a fan said you can see Fahrenheit cologne on Keith's desk in the "library photo" in Keith's LIFE (the very last photo). The label is too distant to read, so that fan must well know the bottle shape of Fahrenheit.

Get out your copy of LIFE and compare for yourself, that fan may be right:

thumbs up....Looks right to me

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 19, 2011 07:43

Keith did say in Life that he rarely bathes. I believe him.

Mick smells fantastic. He doesn't smoke, eats clean food, exercises constantly, is fastidious in his dress and grooming.

I think Charlie also would smell great, considering what a clothes horse he is.

I am surprised that they go for such commercial, easily available fragrances when there are so many exclusive artisanal scents available now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-12 10:05 by Bliss.

Date: May 19, 2011 11:20

josepi
got close enough to Keith's limo to smell him. he smelled like car exhaust.

LOL josepi

-------------------

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 24, 2011 16:16

What an interesting/odd thread. I thought it must be about something other than the obvious, but low and behold, it is what it says. It is funny because (somehow) this is not a typical IORR drivel Stones bashing thread, there are actually some pretty intersting first person views(smells)...... I esp found interesting the story from the lady who wrote the book and her quotes about her meeting up and going to a Stones concert and meeting and smelling the Stones..... and how Ronnie stunk...... LOL.

They say smell is the most important sense and that smells can activate memories that sights, words and sounds can not..... anyway.... intersting thread..... btw- I am glad I never got close enough to actually smell them.... actually I do my best to avoid meeting anyone like them, it usually does not turn out well and then it turns me off of someone whom I liked... I dont usually name drop, but there are several "famousers" whom I liked, then met, did not like and I now care less than zero about them, where if I had kept the 4th wall up, who konws........ which is kind of sad. sad smiley

but isnt the real question....
to no one in particular....
What do YOU smell like?

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: June 11, 2011 22:14

This is all well and good, but how do the Stones TASTE? Has anyone ever tasted the Stones?

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 12, 2011 01:18

I never read the book myself, but a friend told me that in Hollywood Babylon, there's a reference to Ron Wood smelling like a mix of ether and body odor at a gallery opening.

I told this little vignette to my friend with whom I used to do Stones tours. Throughout the Philadelphia 1997 show, he turn to me repeatedly and say "ether and BO." As a result, the B2B tour became known as the "ether and BO" tour.

Date: June 12, 2011 19:23

How would ou recognize the smell of ETHER?? I wouldn't know it....isn't that know as " knock out gas"? Weird..

Date: June 12, 2011 19:26

Rolling Hansie, I could give you the Reader's Digest version of my Mick meetings, but not here...the regulars here have heard it all and I'm sure are bored with the details. Email me at mickschix2@aol.com for my story if you'd like.

Posted by: donteverstop ()
Date: June 12, 2011 19:53

Lisa - Astro Glide?

Posted by: ab ()
Date: June 12, 2011 19:57

mickschix
How would ou recognize the smell of ETHER?? I wouldn't know it....isn't that know as " knock out gas"? Weird..

It was the mid-80's, and Wood was apparently into freebasing cocaine at the time. This was before crack came on the scene.

Date: June 13, 2011 01:13

Oh, OK AB, I get it.

Date: June 13, 2011 01:18

mickschix
Rolling Hansie, I could give you the Reader's Digest version

You've got mail

-------------------

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: June 13, 2011 19:47

Ether? i would bet alcohol and cigarrettes.... Not sure about the body odour

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home